• internal / bluetooth / simulator GPS
  • offline raster maps
  • smart GPX / raw NMEA logs
  • waypoints and simple navigation
  • custom views
  • MIDP and Symbian phones
  • Blackberry
  • Android
Visit wiki to see all features, guides and howtos. Project tracker - moved to github.
Trekbuddy is on Github now

Partners:    (Polish/Polski)(Polski) Compass mapy      (Polish/Polski)(Polski) Galileos mapy      (Polish/Polski)(Polski) CartoMedia      (Czech/Èesky)(Èesky) Eaglesoft trasy      (Polish/Polski)(Polski) ExpressMap     

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Installation / LG KM900 Arena

View previous topic :: View next topic  
vigu

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 12:13 pm    Post subject: Installation / LG KM900 Arena Reply with quote

Hey all,

I've been trying to install TrekBuddy on my LG Arena but I just cant figure it out. I have downloaded the file http://www.trekbuddy.net/forum/releases/0.9.83/u1/trekbuddy.jar . But from there I do not know what to do next. I've look through the installation guide but the Arena was not featured in it.

I'd be awesome if anyone could make a guide or give me some pointers. Anyone???

Cheers!
Vaffel

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sure thing dude. Maybe its too late for you, but others with the Arena could use this; Ive gotten my trekbuddy to run perfectly on the LG Arena.

1) You should connect the phone to the PC as a mass storage unit. Move both the jar and jad file to any of the folders.. Like Others.

2) In the Others folder, make a new folder called TrekBuddy. In this Trekbuddy-folder, make the following folders: maps, resources, sounds, tracks-gpx, tracks-nmea, ui-profiles, wpts

3) Disconnect the mass storage unit safely by pressing cancel on your phone.

4) Enter the menu and on the multimedia-slider find the 5th folder icon (My stuff), then enter other. Press the trekbuddy.jad-file and then the install-button.

5) Launch the program from the programs-menu. You'll probably get a error message when you enter saying it cant find the DataDir.

6) Press the left butten on-screen and then Settings, and then Basic. All the way down (use the arrows on screen) you can type in a path for the Data Dir. Type in: "file:///Others/TrekBuddy/

7) Restart TrekBuddy and you should not get a error when you enter - and TrekBuddy is ready to use.

8.) Transfer maps to the phone in the Others\TrekBuddy\Maps-folder! Aswell as CMS (Check the Themes-section on the forums)

Good Luck dude!
hooonza

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 10:53 am    Post subject: Voice navigation directions and LG Arena Reply with quote

Hallo, can anybody tell how to run voice navigation directions with TB and Arena? I think I have set everything OK, sounds are in TB "sounds" folder but Arena beeps only when I reach the WPT.
I have tried "<link href="nav1.mp3"/>" tag set and also "<link href="/Others/TB/sounds/nav1.mp3"/>" or "<link href="file:///Others/TB/sounds/nav1.mp3"/>" but no change and it doesn´t work ...

Thanks! Smile

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 12:04 am    Post subject: LG KM900 - TB won't find satellites Reply with quote

I've followed the instructions and have TrekBuddy working on the LG KM900 to the point of Starting the satellite tracking. It just does not find a position.

I've installed TrekBuddy on a Blackberry 8330 and had it working. I recall it would not work unless I set three Permissions on the Blackberrry. Is there an equivalent on the KM900, or would there be some other problem?

I'm not using the A-GPS setting because I don't want to use any connect time.

Thanks
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TrekBuddy Forum Index -> General discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: