• internal / bluetooth / simulator GPS
  • offline raster maps
  • smart GPX / raw NMEA logs
  • waypoints and simple navigation
  • custom views
  • MIDP and Symbian phones
  • Blackberry
  • Android
Visit wiki to see all features, guides and howtos. Project tracker.

Partners:    (Polish/Polski)(Polski) Compass mapy      (Polish/Polski)(Polski) Galileos mapy      (Polish/Polski)(Polski) CartoMedia      (Czech/Èesky)(Èesky) Eaglesoft trasy      (Polish/Polski)(Polski) ExpressMap     

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
jTBtar (GUI multi-platform atlas and map packer/unpacker)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
davorl

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 1:46 pm    Post subject: jTBtar (GUI multi-platform atlas and map packer/unpacker) Reply with quote

Hello.
I wrote this tool for packing/unpacking atlases and maps in .tar format that you may find useful.

The home URL is http://www.davideorlandi.it/jtbtar/

It is entirely written in java, so it can run on windows, linux, mac, solaris, etc. and you don't need the tar commandline executable. But you need the java runtime, of course.
It is currently localized in English and Italian, but it is really easy to add new languages. Just create a new language file called texts_<languagecode>.properties inside resources/locale/ and recompile (using Apache Ant). Or just send the translated file to me and I will add it to the main distribution.

Please report any bugs and comments!
Thank you.

Updated 2010-02-19: version 1.1.2 available; now jTBtar can extract atlases created by Mobile Atlas Creator (they lack directory entries in the tar files, so jTBtar needs to create them).

There was a 1.1.0 release too, but the announcement was obliterated last year when the forum went down. Smile

Last edited by davorl on Fri Feb 19, 2010 10:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
hit

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i've tried to extract a tar'ed atlas, but the tool doesnt found the .map file, since there is just a .tmi file:
filenotfoundexception: city/city-013/city-013-001/city-013-001.map
i have a: city/city-013/city-013-001/city-013-001.tmi (made with TAC, IIRC).
Edit: the original cr.tar has the city-013-001.map file, and also 014 and 015 (level) got their .map files extracted (to desitnation folder), but not 013. dunno whats wrong here. maybe the tool doesnt create the "city-013-001" folder?

btw. the source and destination drawer are a bit tricky, it just deletes all files (also the source files) if you click "ok" after the "folder not empty" requester.
that could lead to unwanted dataloss, so i suggest you dont delete anything, just create a "sourcefolder-unpacked" or "sourcefolder-packed" directory.
anyway, nice little tool, if those issues are solved Smile
davorl

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My answer was lost during forum migration last year; I think I addressed the problems raised by "hit" in revision 1.1.0, so please check out the last version and report any bugs or suggestions.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 11:23 am    Post subject: Re: jTBtar (GUI multi-platform atlas and map packer/unpacker Reply with quote

Very good and helpful utility! Thanx a lot!
One tip for improvement: function for adding one untared map to tarred atlas (if I create atlas by MobileAtlasCreator and I want add one scanned and calibrated map). Thanks.
Fisa
dtk

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 11:48 am    Post subject: thanks Reply with quote

Dear Davorl,
Thank you veru much for the very useful app! I was trying to create a tared atlas out of a not tared one, using the topic How to create map/atlas, but did not understand it. Your tool made it much easier. Now I can faster move maps across screen.
Luck,
dtk
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TrekBuddy Forum Index -> Tools All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: