• internal / bluetooth / simulator GPS
  • offline raster maps
  • smart GPX / raw NMEA logs
  • waypoints and simple navigation
  • custom views
  • MIDP and Symbian phones
  • Blackberry
  • Android
Visit wiki to see all features, guides and howtos. Project tracker.
Trekbuddy is on Github now

Partners:    (Polish/Polski)(Polski) Compass mapy      (Polish/Polski)(Polski) Galileos mapy      (Polish/Polski)(Polski) CartoMedia      (Czech/Èesky)(Èesky) Eaglesoft trasy      (Polish/Polski)(Polski) ExpressMap     

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
maps too large

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Blackthunder

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 5:17 pm    Post subject: maps too large Reply with quote

Hi
i have been reading around the forums but cant seem to find what im looking for.

I have the latest versions of TB and TAC, i have downloaded the map that i want (the map i need) and when i tried to open up the atlas file, i get this error....

[3] null. InvalidMapException [file:///SDCard/TrekBuddy/2009-03-16_142740/blackwood-bristol-16-001/blackwood-bristol-16-001.tar]: Map too large.

i am not too sure how to figure this out...

does it mean the actual size of the map is too large, or does it mean that there are too many tiles in the layer? if its the amount of tiles, could i fix this by changing the tile size in TAC?
kruch
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The map is probably larger than 32767x32767 pixels.

BTW, this limit will probably go away (or rather: will be increased beyond reasonable value) in 0984.
fjorden

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm aware this thread is dated, but maybe this will help:
I experienced the same error 'map too large' when loading large atlases created with TAC.

However, you can change the max. map size in TAC under settings. Setting a lower max. size and creating the atlases solved the problem for me: it created more map folders for each of the layers in the atlas and loaded without any error in Trekbuddy.
elp99jcm

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 9:11 am    Post subject: maps too large Reply with quote

I also have the same problem. I used TAC to create maps from Google maps from zoom levels 9-13. When I try to open the atlas I get the "Map Too Large" error.

Opening up the offending map directly also generates the issue. I tried manualy tarring the maps but had the same issue. I noticed that the error occurs when the map size is 32768 in either (or both) dimensions. I checked the maps and they appear to be sized from 0-32767, as you'd expect as this is the default setting in TAC.

I guess that the size limit in Trekbuddy is actually less than 32768.

Following the earlier advice on this thread I first downloaded the latest beta but this had the same problem (0.984). So I changed the maximum map size in TAC and regenerated the atlas and this solved the problem. Luckily it was quick to do as the tiles were cached.
yip

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the limit is actually 32512 , according to the wiki:

http://wiki.trekbuddy.net/index.php/Howtos

Maybe TAC should change its max value ?

kruch
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The limit is 32767.
I intend to remove (or increase beyond reasonable value, respectively) the limit soon.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TrekBuddy Forum Index -> English All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: