• internal / bluetooth / simulator GPS
  • offline raster maps
  • smart GPX / raw NMEA logs
  • waypoints and simple navigation
  • custom views
  • MIDP and Symbian phones
  • Blackberry
  • Android
Visit wiki to see all features, guides and howtos. Project tracker.

Partners:    (Polish/Polski)(Polski) Compass mapy      (Polish/Polski)(Polski) Galileos mapy      (Polish/Polski)(Polski) CartoMedia      (Czech/Èesky)(Èesky) Eaglesoft trasy      (Polish/Polski)(Polski) ExpressMap     

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
0.9.84-devel
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    TrekBuddy Forum Index -> Recycle Bin
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hit

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmm. the docs of gpsbabel says:
http://www.gpsbabel.org/htmldoc-development/fmt_nmea.html
Code:

gpvtg option
Read/write GPVTG sentences.
... The default is to read or write GPVTG sentences. To disable GPVTG sentences, specify gpvtg=0.

so i guess, its about the source file, which doesnt give enough info, so gpsbabel wont write GPVTG sentences?

Edit: the example from the thread above has "rmc:course" but yours says: "nmea:course" within the <extension> tag. maybe an issue?
vincent

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 7:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi kruch,

- what could append if I run scripts that are too complex in HECL with TB ?

using simulator mode .. the execution take late ... but in real time ?

will the final more optimized to exec hecl ?

tomten

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 10:43 pm    Post subject: Some suggestions for features and corrections in 0.9.84 Reply with quote

Hi

In 0.9.83 I have some feedback on improvements you could look at for this version:

- If I enter the list of waypoints and sort on something, like for instance distance, they are perfectly sorted. However, if I exit the waypoint list after sorting it (like if I use "NavigateTo") and then wish to enter the list again, it has become unsorted. When I select "SortByDistance" again, TrekBuddy seems to believe the list is already sorted. So, I need to use another sorting and then sort by distance again to get the proper sorting!

- It seems like "Geocaching.com" changed theformat in their GPX xml. Since lately they removed the 'encoding="utf-8"' from the ?xml section. Due to this TrekBuddy have problems to properly decode the file and can not show all information or text properly. Is there any way to make TrekBuddy properly parse the GPX-files again, without manually hacking the GPX-files before putting them on the phone?

- All backlight levels except 100% are not that usable - it would be great if it was reversed and different levels. Like 100%->75%->50%->25%->Off or you set the requested level of backlight in menus and just use the keypad to switch on/off backlight

- I always have trail enabled, but usually when I start TrekBuddy I do not record the track. However, a lot of times, I often felt when I am about to stop using TrekBuddy - "Why did I not record the track?". It would be nice if you could save the trail as a rough GPX-plot after you "Stop" TrekBuddy

- You might know that GeoCaching is about looking for different type of boxes - they could be in different sizes or placed as "Traditional"/"Mystery"/"MultiCache" and so on. When using "ShowAll" it would be nice if TrekBuddy could plot different icons for different types of waypoints. Maybe it is possible to make something generic? Like put the waypoint icons in one directory and have a configuration file that matches the icons based on xml attribute and value. You probably can come up with some good suggestion, but I give as an example:

waypoint_icons.xml

attribute="groundspeak:container",value="Micro" && attribute="groundspeak:type",value="Traditional*" = "micro_trad.png"

Maybe there are attributes in other types of GoogleEarth tracks or GPX-files which could be useful to map to certain Waypoint icons - like "Left turn", "Stop", "Hotel", "My mushroom stash"?!? Wink

Thanks for a nice tool!

Best regards
/Tomas
easypeacy42

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kruch, any ideas when 0.9.84 will be out? Because I'm desperately waiting for 0.9.85 (or 0.9.85-devel) with the announced gmap-track.com support ... summer hiking season started Smile

Sorry for my impatience ... of course, I assume and understand that you're busy with many other things in your life.

By the way, I have a little "feature request" (not too important, though):
Would it be possible to introduce a manually configurable Altitude correction value? On my mobiles, it seems like the Altitude is nearly consistently around 40-50m too high. If I could manually tell Trekbuddy to reduce the GPS Altitude by ~40m, I'd get pretty accurate values.
kruch
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've uploaded newer build (see initial post).

I will - again - try to make releases cycle shorter, in order to deliver bugfixes and new features faster. If this versions turns usable for current hecl-enhanced CMSs (no major bugs), will make this version final. There has been a gap in development, and a release would "sync" us together...
MiBan82

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can we expect final version any soon?
BzF

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 8:19 pm    Post subject: Map size limit Reply with quote

Do you plan to remove size limit of map in this version?
I've found post form april, where You promised to Smile

Thanks
Wyattt

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a problem with the arrow in compass.I choose to open all (WPT) and the green arrow shows me constantly to the north.
helour

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Some suggestions for features and corrections in 0.9.84 Reply with quote

tomten wrote:

Maybe there are attributes in other types of GoogleEarth tracks or GPX-files which could be useful to map to certain Waypoint icons - like "Left turn", "Stop", "Hotel", "My mushroom stash"?!? Wink

I think, it is very nice idea, especially in the car navigation. The navigation icons are already defined in the c.png file in CMS. I think that would be not very problematic to automatically resize (downsize of course) and rotate pictures (icons) and draw them for a while on the plotted map.
kruch
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wyattt wrote:
I have a problem with the arrow in compass.I choose to open all (WPT) and the green arrow shows me constantly to the north.

Key 5 / FIRE key in compass screen is now used to "north-lock".
vincent

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there a way to play a sound using a hecl command with the last version ?

actually my dev is near finsih and no problems with hecl integration with my big script.
so sound good for me with this last version !

kruch
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

not yet but there will be; examples:

Code:
[play sounds/alarm.amr];
[play ui-profiles/my_guide/voices/turn_left.amr];
Wyattt

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kruch wrote:
Wyattt wrote:

Key 5 / FIRE key in compass screen is now used to "north-lock".

I said wrong. On the screen with the map, not in the HPS.

amerikian

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 12:35 am    Post subject: Time Issue Solved Reply with quote

The time was accurate the entire 7 hours i used it today. I did not experience any bugs at all.
vincent

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kruch,

i'am testing my script done on a HTC diamond and all is runing perfectly.

But When I have done test on my older k750i I'am not able to display (for example) cms_utm ?
kruch ? no enought cpu time available ?

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    TrekBuddy Forum Index -> Recycle Bin All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7

Jump to: