• internal / bluetooth / simulator GPS
  • offline raster maps
  • smart GPX / raw NMEA logs
  • waypoints and simple navigation
  • custom views
  • MIDP and Symbian phones
  • Blackberry
  • Android
Visit wiki to see all features, guides and howtos. Project tracker.

Partners:    (Polish/Polski)(Polski) Compass mapy      (Polish/Polski)(Polski) Galileos mapy      (Polish/Polski)(Polski) CartoMedia      (Czech/Èesky)(Èesky) Eaglesoft trasy      (Polish/Polski)(Polski) ExpressMap     

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Android
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kruch, i love you man!

thanks alot, I thought I was going to loose my trusty TrekBuddy when I switched from my se c702 to an samsung android phone, but I just tested it and it still works great! Love the program.

Cheers, Seamus.
nico42

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Kruch,

I now have a HTC Desire HD and TrebBuddy seems to work really well on this device... with one exception... some menus!
The main menu with the "Start", "Load Map" etc. commands is accessible by the menu key and is working just as expected. But the other menus, which are accessible by the number keys, are a real pain in the ass!
The HTC Desire HD is a touch-only device, so there are no real number keys. I can enter the numbers, but it's no fun at all, especially while running...

Why don't you just add these menus to the normal menu? You could make this optional in settings. It would make the life much easier for us owners of touch-only devices Wink

Frank
noordfiets

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you try this: http://www.trekbuddy.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=22 ?
nico42

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

noordfiets wrote:
Did you try this: http://www.trekbuddy.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=22 ?

Thanks noordfiets! I didn't know this, didn't even stumbled accidentally over one of the menus... Wink
Aleks

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 7:24 am    Post subject: Motorola XT300 (aka Spice) Reply with quote

Hello to all, someone had been experienced a long delay to adquire the position (TTFF)? My actual phone is a Motorola A-GPS type. The time vary from 3min up to 10mins to start to work as well (instead of I'm stay static in the same place -like a stone- Razz ).
Other issue is some map tiles aren't loaded when I scrolling, but think I it can be caused by file I/O errors not TB.
I'm using TB v 1.0.15, and this are the only issues using it, for the rest it works great.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 5:47 pm    Post subject: tb on android Reply with quote

Great work, I'm glad I can still use TB after switching from SE java to android phone.... One request, though - is there any reason the app can't be moved over to SD? I don't know how it is on other devices, but with mine (wildfire s) I fight and struggle for any MB of free space on the build-in memory. So pathetic, HTC should be ashamed... Google too, probably ;) But anyways, make it movable to SD and you are my king again :))))
Regards,
Tompa
fiery_

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 5:20 pm    Post subject: Re: missing features Reply with quote

kruch wrote:
Android version is missing a few features that are in standard version:
    - wpt "phototagging" (taking picture and link it to wpt being recorded via Waypoints->Record Current)
    -location exchange via SMS

Anyone is missing them?

I'm now with a Samsung Galaxy Y (Android 2.3.6) and I was surprised from the new TB interface and smooth navigation (I just put the microSD of my Nokia 6300 with the maps, etc. and just installed the TB v1.0.18 apk). It works very well. Thanks Kruch!

But I miss the SMS functions which worked fine with my Nokia. Is there any chance that you can add SMS I'm here/Meet you there functions to Android as well? I never used "Take a snapshot" function since quality of Nokia (and now Galaxy Y) camera is bad, but with the advance of internal cameras this function will be useful as well.

Also, even though the resolution of Galaxy Y is the same as my old Nokia (240x320) CMS screens are cut with approximately 12 pixels at the bottom (most of the last information line is missing).

One more difference that I found, the backlight function/bulb icon now works as it prevents the screen to turn off, but as long as I remember with that function (key 3) on my Nokia, I was able adjust backlight with several brightness levels (day/night mode). Is this still available?
kruch
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I plan to implement SMS and Camera in Android version too.
As for backlight, as far as I know, on Android backlight level is not adjustable by application.
kruch
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Devbuild with expertimental tared maps tiles loading implementation, scrolling may work faster/smoother, please test it if you can Cool

http://www.trekbuddy.net/dev/2012-02-10/trekbuddy.apk
billy06

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

no real difference but saying that tiles load very fast on sensation, (map size width 35072 height 50688 tile size 256X256) it was packed for n95 back in the day
kruch
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.trekbuddy.net/dev/2012-04-14/trekbuddy.apk

wpts listing should be faster and less laggy with quick access because:
- reduced memory usage for Lists by up to 25%
- wpts are kept sorted until order is changed
MEH

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a Samsung Galaxy Nexus running TB v1.1.1
When recording a track it does not show on desktop until I stop and restart recording.

Also, I notice that while using TB the phone oftentimes reboots. I assume it has to do with TB because the phone runs solid with other apps.

How do I capture photos in waypoints? Seems I do not have the menu item to activate this feature.
kruch
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the feedback.

You are not the only who reported track not being shown unfortunately. I haven't been able to reproduce it so far, though.

Capturing photos will be implemented in on of the upcoming versions.

As for rebooting - that is very weird, is there any specific situation when it happens, or it is random?
MEH

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, I would not say that it is random.
I have had TB on my Blackberry Curve and HTC Incredible and TB was rock solid on those devices. Now with the new Nexus it has had problems every time (3 times so far) I've gone out hiking.

My routine is:
Put phone into "airplane mode", so I won't be bothered by text or email popups.
Start TB.
Load a map.
Start a tracklog and start walking.
After about and hour I'll check my position and the TB icon will be gone and no map on the screen.
One of those times the screen was dark and didn't wake up when I tapped the ON button. So I had to press and hold the button to power up the phone.

Perhaps I could try it without starting a log?
Thanks for any help.
MEH

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I updated to v1.1.2 and tried again last night.
This time no tracklog turned on.
TB was running for about 3 hours with no problems.
I was inside and outside of buildings.
Also, I used the camera, played solitaire and allowed the phone to sleep.

Perhaps just a coincidence that TB didn't shutdown and phone reboot, but I'll try again with tracklog turned on tonight.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TrekBuddy Forum Index -> Devices All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 6 of 8

Jump to: