• internal / bluetooth / simulator GPS
  • offline raster maps
  • smart GPX / raw NMEA logs
  • waypoints and simple navigation
  • custom views
  • MIDP and Symbian phones
  • Blackberry
  • Android
Visit wiki to see all features, guides and howtos. Project tracker.

Partners:    (Polish/Polski)(Polski) Compass mapy      (Polish/Polski)(Polski) Galileos mapy      (Polish/Polski)(Polski) CartoMedia      (Czech/Èesky)(Èesky) Eaglesoft trasy      (Polish/Polski)(Polski) ExpressMap     

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    TrekBuddy Forum Index -> Recycle Bin
View previous topic :: View next topic  
georgedelajungla7

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello kruch.
I use TrekBuddy for mountain biking and sometimes is very difficult to navigate following a route, because the color of the "route line" is very similar to the color of the trails in the map. Are you thinking about the posibility of choose the thickness or/and the colour of the "route line" in new versions? It´s only a minor hassle but...
By the way, thank you very much for this great job.

Nokianero

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, Kruch. Congratulations for your Java app. Very Happy

I've got a Nokia N70 phone, and 0.9.83 TB version installed with TBService running.

I would like to suggest a question for your next ver. if you are so kind... Wink

I've installed three differents CMS's with TB and you know the 'Gallery problem' on Nokia: all pictures are saved on it... ralentized soooo much the phone. I learned, in another post, the solution for this item about the maps used in TB (png extension): Changing attributes on the 'Set' directory to 'hide' form.

Well, What do you think about this solution in the 'ui-profile' directory?

I've tried it, but it's not worked: it understood that no CMS are installed.

Could you improve this on your next version?

Sorry for my english, if there's some errors. Laughing

P.S. I'm spanish. (Un saludo para x2fer -gracias por tu CMS configurado para Nokia N70 y tu post-)

Greetings from Nokia planet, 'earth-humans'. Razz Razz Razz
qwertgfdsa

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 2:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Help! Reply with quote

hanswurstx wrote:

java.io.IOException:
SymbianOS error = -30180:
WLAN:Non Connection. WLAN-
Network not
found

I just upgraded from 0.9.78 and I get the same error on a Nokia N82. I have to connect to an available WLAN or to the provider network to get TrekBuddy to work.

Also the backlight control still doesn't work as expected. Somewhere you wrote, when set to "off" the light is controlled by the device. However the light stays off, even if I press a key. It only turns on again, when I quit TrekBuddy or when I select a different intensity level. Not such a big deal, but still annoying.

On the various list screens, it would be nice if you could jump from the first to the last item by pressing up, and from the last to the first by pressing down. And, as somebody else already mentioned, you should be able to read long filenames.

Thanks!
billy06

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 6:38 pm    Post subject: nokia gallery Reply with quote

nokianero the way round the problem is to set the file ui-profile to hidden just the file not the files in it! the same goes for maps
kruch
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@georgedelajungla7 I hope to make route line configurable the same way as trail line soon

@qwertgfdsa backlight control on S60 is a nightmare to me; I'll see what I can do
qwertgfdsa

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't worry, the backlight is really no problem.

What about the error message? Any ideas?
georgedelajungla7

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kruch, another time, thank you very much.
Nokianero

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 9:52 am    Post subject: Re: nokia gallery Reply with quote

billy06 wrote:
nokianero the way round the problem is to set the file ui-profile to hidden just the file not the files in it! the same goes for maps

Thx for your fast reply, billy06 Smile , but I'm afraid that the problem is going on. Sad

If you hide the only ui-profile directory, CMS mode on BT runs Ok, but all of pictures inside in that directory, still are showed in 'Gallery' on Nokia N70, ralentizing its functionality.

This item not occurs when you switch to 'hide' the 'Set' directory inside in each map directory, with all files in it switched to hide attribute too, so even in that mode you can open the map on BT app with no problem, and maps on *.png are not showed in 'Gallery' any more.

My question for Kruch is about to reach this, with ui-profiles directory and all of files in it. Perhaps in a next BT app. version...

Greetings from Nokia planet, 'earth-humans'. Razz Razz Razz
kruch
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@qwertgfdsa no idea, sorry...

@Nokianero I see, and I think I can do something about it in the next version
billy06

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the files are still showing in the gallery because thay have been saved in the _palbtn folder which is a hidden folder within the folder where the images are in this case ui-profiles you can view this file by showing hidden files in folder options on the pc if you delete this file and reload the gallery all will be fine the gallery will rebuild without showing these files!!
kruch
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

qwertgfdsa wrote:

I cannot reproduce it, I have E60 (S60 3rd, WiFI) - any idea how I should set it up?
Nokianero

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

billy06 wrote:
the files are still showing in the gallery because thay have been saved in the _palbtn folder which is a hidden folder within the folder where the images are in this case ui-profiles you can view this file by showing hidden files in folder options on the pc if you delete this file and reload the gallery all will be fine the gallery will rebuild without showing these files!!

Thx to taking an interest in it, billy06, but I'm afraid the problem is going on. Sad You will see, I tried your solution, but I have to tell you _palbtn folder appear in 'automatic mode' again, after deleted, at once you open the 'Gallery' on Nokia N70; I mean it is created again. I don't know how it does it Evil or Very Mad , but even with the folder in hide mode, and deleted one more time, it comes back into ui-profile folder at once you open the 'Gallery'.

As you see, the problem is that it doesn't disappear for ever, and even although you delete _palbtn folder all the time, when you open the 'Gallery' is showed the *.png files into ui-profile folder. Question

May be caused by level folders? I mean, 'ui-profile' is first level folder (\ui-profile), but 'Set' is third level folder (\maps\map\set) and in this case, really *.png files are hidden (not showed in 'Gallery' any more). What do you think about this?

Many thanks for your true help.

Greetings from Nokia planet, 'earth-humans' Razz Razz Razz
Nokianero

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kruch wrote:
@qwertgfdsa no idea, sorry...

@Nokianero I see, and I think I can do something about it in the next version

A lot of thanks, Kruch, Smile and ... Would you mind to take a view on my previous post to billy06... Rolling Eyes

What do you think about folder's levels? Does it influence in the problem? Shocked

Greetings from Nokia planet, 'earth-humans' Razz Razz Razz
qwertgfdsa

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kruch wrote:
qwertgfdsa wrote:

I cannot reproduce it, I have E60 (S60 3rd, WiFI) - any idea how I should set it up?

Errr, I'm not sure what exactly resolved the problem, but I deleted TrekBuddy and the Service, reinstalled the device firmware and then reinstalled both programs. Now everything's fine.
billy06

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 7:34 am    Post subject: ui-profile Reply with quote

i see you have ui-profile as the first folder i have it as a second as it is in a trekbuddy folder on the root as in E:trekbuddy\ui-profiles\ i wonder if this changes things ? i will try to reproduce your proplem on my device hope this helps
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    TrekBuddy Forum Index -> Recycle Bin All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 7 of 9

Jump to: