• internal / bluetooth / simulator GPS
  • offline raster maps
  • smart GPX / raw NMEA logs
  • waypoints and simple navigation
  • custom views
  • MIDP and Symbian phones
  • Blackberry
  • Android
Visit wiki to see all features, guides and howtos. Project tracker.
Trekbuddy is on Github now

Partners:    (Polish/Polski)(Polski) Compass mapy      (Polish/Polski)(Polski) Galileos mapy      (Polish/Polski)(Polski) CartoMedia      (Czech/Èesky)(Èesky) Eaglesoft trasy      (Polish/Polski)(Polski) ExpressMap     

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    TrekBuddy Forum Index -> Recycle Bin
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kruch
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@Grzegorz, PL: wpt projection is planned, but will not be implemented in the near future

@duartemelim: SMS translation will be fixed in 0.9.84

@Lizard: is your phone recognized as LG? check Info->Technical->DeviceCtrl

@registreonline: I understand. Files/Waypoints "list" screen is now a custom implementation and has no such capability, yet
tomten

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 4:19 pm    Post subject: Feedback Reply with quote

Hi Kruch

Nice improvements. I am very happy with the new version.

I went from 0.9.81 to .83, and it seems to have happen a lot. The buttons on the panel is a great improvement for my P1i. The sorting options is nice feature and ability to see distance to waypoint in the waypoint info. The stability is much better - especially when switching maps or atlases (even i I fail to open a file (see problems below) I do not need to force application kill and restart any more - nice!).

A major drawback, is that BACKLIGHT has stopped working on my P1i...

Thank you! Very Happy

Here are the problems I experience:

A. It seems like BACKLIGHT is not working. That one worked on 0.9.81, so something changed recently. I have tried to restart phone and application, ensuring everything is "reset", but still it wont work. Neither when not connected to BT device, nor when connected. Sad

B. The "Start [devicename]" menu option is a bit tricky, since rendering the menu or the new button-menu may cause text to overprint. For instance, my devicename is "BT-GPS-31681D", which seems to be a long name. I suggest rename the menu items from "Start [devicename]"->"Start" (to start previous device) and from "Start" to "Start..." (to select a new device) or something similar.

C. I do not seem to be able to use the "Back" button on my P1i phone to work as "Back". That would be handy, especially when "Back" option is not rendered as touchscreen button on screen (see below).

D. Going into for instance "Navigation" menu, I can see a menu button on display called "Close" which is clickable on the touchscreen. But, when entering "Waypoints" submenu, there is only one button "More" available on touchscreen. The menu options under this button are "Open" and "Back". It would be more easy to handle the program using the touchscreen if the "BACK" and "OPEN" items were separate buttons beside the "More". Is there a way to force these menu items to be rendered as separate touchbutton items on the screen?

E. When pressing "1" you directly access the waypoints. This is handy, however if you do not wish to set focus on a new waypoint and only want to go back to previous screen (map/cms...), you need to go back several screens - Waypoints->WaypointFiles->Navigation. There should be a shortcut to exit directly back to previous screen.

F. When opening a map which is a TAR file, I always now get the exception "[6] null: java.io.IOException: SymbianOS error = -34 : Could not connect". I do not think I succeeded with tar files in 0.9.81 either, but it has worked in previous versions, so I do not know why this changed or in which version.

G. Sometimes opening maps, using the phone navigation wheel, it seems like TrekBuddy sometimes thinks I try to open a file, when selecting a folder. I get the error message "[6] null: InvalidMapException [null]: Invalid map URL 'file:///Ms/Document/TrekBuddy/MAPS/'. It happens from time to time, and only when using the wheel. Clicking with a pen on display works always, but can be tedious when driving the car or walking since it is something that requires precision.

H. I have a couple of certification problems. Each time I start application I get a questions "A MIDlev in a trusted third party MIDlet suite TrekBuddy is trying to connect to internet". I can choose "Yes, always allow", but it won't stay persistent to next start. Same goes with bluetooth access - each time I choose "Start [device]" I need to aprove. I get the option to select "Yes, always allow", but seems like everytime I start application and wish to start bluetooth, I need to authorize again. I do not know if this is a problem with P1i certificate handling or the application. For some versions of TrekBuddy I have not seen as much problems. Starting trekBuddy 0.9.81 did not cause the "Internet" certificate question - that is new with 0.9.83. The Bluetooth issue has been there in 0.9.81...

Anyway. Thank you for the improvements. Hope you can work on the problems.

Best regards
/Tomas

[/list]
kruch
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Tomas,

thank you a lot for the feedback. I have only a few short comments on some points now, I'll get back to the rest later.

* backlight and tar-ed maps should work fine if you install TrekBuddyService. I guess in 0.9.81 you could only set backlight on/off (0/100), with this helper application (and TB 0.9.83u1) you can use 0/10/25/50/100 levels of backlight. Tar-ed maps are still rather slow, though.

* missing proper Back key command mapping is really annoying and will be fixed in 0.9.84

* not-persisted permissions settings are even more annoying, I have to google for a solution

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 4:09 pm    Post subject: trouble with sprint phone (samsung m520) Reply with quote

I had trouble loading trekbuddy onto my sprint samsung m520. When I try to the jad and jar files I get a "error 906 invalid descriptor" message. After doing some research it looks like the problem may be that in the jad file the MIDlet-Jar-URL: needs the full URL for the JAR file not just the filename.jar.

How can I download trekbuddy? Is there a place I can get the files with the full url in the MIDlet-Jar-URL?

thanks,
Jon
kruch
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 4:20 pm    Post subject: Re: trouble with sprint phone (samsung m520) Reply with quote

guest wrote:
Is there a place I can get the files with the full url in the MIDlet-Jar-URL?

It is on the download page... jad-with-full-jar-url

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, but I get the same message when I try to download that link. Any other suggestions?
thanks again,
Jon
duartemelim

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 4:47 pm    Post subject: download @ Reply with quote

Do you try @...
http://www.trekbuddy.net/forum/releases/0.9.83/index.html

?

Old Buddies: Nokia C7 360x640, SonyEricsson K800i 240x320 + external HoluxSlimGps236 - & Nokia N79
Help 2 be helped - thanks guys for all Very Happy

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes, That is where I tried to download it.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 7:47 pm    Post subject: uncaught exception error Reply with quote

Hi,
I was able to load the trekbuddy.jar file onto my phone using rumkin.com. However, whenever I try to run the trekbuddy application I get an error "uncaught exception".
I erased it and downloaded it again, but got the same error. Any suggestions?
thanks,
Jon
IRIDIUM

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

about the touchscreen layout and the buttons like backlight, waypoints, etc...

Do the buttons have a fixed size or a percentage of screen size?

I want to know the exact number of pixels
tomten

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 12:30 am    Post subject: 0.9.83 feedback Reply with quote

Hi Kruch!

Thank you for your fast reply.

Quote:
* backlight and tar-ed maps should work fine if you install TrekBuddyService

Thanks, Kruch. I downloaded the service and got it signed and all. I will try it. Phew! But, I am a bit disappointed. To me it was ok to have 100% backlight or off, and that working in 0.9.81, so I feel the new solution with a separate symbian service is a bit too "advanced". Anyway, good it was solved.

Quote:
* missing proper Back key command mapping is really annoying and will be fixed in 0.9.84

Thanks, Kruch. Sounds nice.

Quote:
* not-persisted permissions settings are even more annoying, I have to google for a solution

This could be a P1i problem, or some locally screwed up stuff on my phone. Can't really figure why, though. So, don't pay too much effort on this. I'll try to figure it out myself.

Best regards
/Tomas
Moller

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 6:45 am    Post subject: Re: 0.9.83 feedback Reply with quote

@tomten

Quote:

Quote:
This could be a P1i problem, or some locally screwed up stuff on my phone. Can't really figure why, though. So, don't pay too much effort on this. I'll try to figure it out myself.

I can confirm this behavior. My P1 behaves the exact same, so it seems to be a P1 thing. I have also looked around in the phone settings but I have not been able to find a solution.

Regards
Moller

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

del

Last edited by guest on Sat Feb 28, 2009 8:04 am; edited 2 times in total
yearling

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

guest wrote:
V nastaveni sa da dat iba cervena alebo prerusovana, potesila by vsak moznost HRUBA (ale ozaj hruba, pripadne nastavitelna sirka).

Settings >> Desktop >> Trail line
- Fire(Enter) = switching between settings color and thickness
- left, right = setting value

It would be good to read manual before asking.
Celda

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yearling wrote:
guest wrote:
V nastaveni sa da dat iba cervena alebo prerusovana, potesila by vsak moznost HRUBA (ale ozaj hruba, pripadne nastavitelna sirka).

Settings >> Desktop >> Trail line
- Fire(Enter) = switching between settings color and thickness
- left, right = setting value

It would be good to read manual before asking.

What about the same setting for a route line ? I am afraid it is not in the current version yet (only a very simple setting). That would be also very usefull !

mobile: SAMSUNG SGH D880 Duos (dual SIM)
GPS: Qstarz BT-1200 Bluetooth Solar Travel Recorder (MTK chipset)
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    TrekBuddy Forum Index -> Recycle Bin All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 5 of 9

Jump to: