• internal / bluetooth / simulator GPS
  • offline raster maps
  • smart GPX / raw NMEA logs
  • waypoints and simple navigation
  • custom views
  • MIDP and Symbian phones
  • Blackberry
  • Android
Visit wiki to see all features, guides and howtos. Project tracker.
Trekbuddy is on Github now

Partners:    (Polish/Polski)(Polski) Compass mapy      (Polish/Polski)(Polski) Galileos mapy      (Polish/Polski)(Polski) CartoMedia      (Czech/Èesky)(Èesky) Eaglesoft trasy      (Polish/Polski)(Polski) ExpressMap     

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
0.9.82 beta
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    TrekBuddy Forum Index -> Recycle Bin
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pavkamlc

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 10:03 am    Post subject: GPX limitation Reply with quote

I tried generate and use longer GPX file for POI searching, but I've got Error:

Failed to list store: java.lang.OutOfMemoryError

My file is about 3MB long and inhalt about 20k points with LAT,LON,TIME, NAME, CMT,DESC and ELE.
What is points limitation?
skhell

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi!

I have tried to install this version on a Siemens S65 and it fails to install Confused

Any hint on how to solve it?
Guillermo

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, I think that somebody already mentioned something similar, but an option for paint a track in the map would be a nice feature.

This feature could be next to the "open" option, in the tracks menu, and it would paint the track without loading the whole gpx file (that could be too big to fit in memory).
pavelh

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree, an option to paint a track would be very useful. When the user opens the track, a list of points is opened. This isn't very intuitive behavior. From the list of the points you can't see which track have you opened and in the menu there are some function which simply doesn't make sense for tracks (for example sorting the points by name).

The best solution would be that if the user opens a track, this menu should be displayed instead of the list of the points:

1. Show track - This would draw the path on the map and center the screen on it.
2. List of points - Open the list of points of the track (the same list that is displayed now if user opens the track)
3. Route along
4. Route back
5. Track information - This would show the basic information about the track (length, time, average speed). In the later version there could be also a graph of elevation, or a graph of speed.
6. Continue recording - Start recording but the points are added to the end of this track instead of creating a new one. This would be very useful. Sometimes I stop recording accidentally and this would allow me to continue.
7. Rename the track
8. Delete the track
Ranger

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ad1. What it means "center the screen on it" ? On which part ? (function depends on map)
Ad2. You have it now, sorting by distance can be used to find nearest point if you wish
Ad3. You have it now
Ad4. You have it
Ad5. Already on to do
Ad6. For what ? You can merge tracks in postprocessing. It is easier to use shorter logs in TB.
Ad7. You can't use phone file manager for this task ?
Ad8. Same as 7.
Guillermo

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with the menu proposed by pavelh. Ranger, I think you don´t understood that menu. It´s true that many option already exists, but not in the same place.

When you open a track you get in first place the list of points. I think this is good for waypoints, but not for traks. I prefer de format proposed by pavelh.
Ranger

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry Guillermo, I couldn't agree with you.
Beta version is not available to extend many functions in short time, but to test what is implemented now.
If you can, pls don't explain what I understand or not, OK ?
jirkaf77

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 10:54 am    Post subject: suggestion Reply with quote

i has an idea, which i suggest, but maybe it is too hard to implement. in some cases of tourist group with only one gps module and many phones, it may be useful to use trekbuddy phone attached to module as a BT "server" for other trekbuddy phones, which can take location from server or each other, like BT chatroom application. if contact is lost, nothing happens, just wait for signal. perhaps track recording in slave mode will be impossible, only navigation on map.
Ranger

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting. Do you know this place ?
http://wiki.trekbuddy.net/index.php/WishList
BTW, is it possible to use the same BT profile for many devices in your phone at the same time ?
caesar1987

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think that BT can ne used only with one device.
panfidel

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 11:28 am    Post subject: Re: BETA 3, Nokia E66 Reply with quote

petrzima.com wrote:
Ahoj. Poslední beta mi při otevírání mapy hlásí:
[6] null: java.io.IOException: Symbian06 error = -34: Obecné: Chyba systému. Otevírání map ve verzi 0.9.81 mi funguje.

the same situation. i've just installed 09.82.3 beta ver and got the same error message. phone Nokia E66
Nibbler

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi kruch,

when trying to open a big .gpx file with a lot of waypoints on WM with JBed I get the following error "Failed to list store : java.io.IOException".
This is maybe just a resources issue as there are 5000+ waypoints, but maybe you can do something Rolling Eyes Cool
The same file is opening ok with my Nokia N82.

Also when a waypoint is selected (displayed with (*) in front of the waypoint name) when you sort the list, the (*) keeps its index and doesn't move with the associated waypoint.

Cheers,
Nibbler.
kruch
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just linked b4 build, see the initial post.

Would someone please open new thread somewhere else (in About... ) with enhancements/changes discussed here? It is great to have feedback...in proper place Cool

---

* S65 installation
- copy only jar to the phone, not JAD, then it should install, I've just tried it

* [6] null: java.io.IOException: Symbian06 error = -34

- you are probably opening tar-ed map without having TrekBuddyService runnning

* many pts GPX file

- someone please send me one (via email) Wink , I'll have a look if there is anything that can be done; ad JBed vs S60 device: I think Symbian can "give" java more memory than Jbed (typical default is 4 MB here)

* SMS push-listen problems

- I could not reproduce it Sad ... it could be JP-8 specific, but I really do not know
Ranger

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@Kruch,
Did you tried to turn on "receive" option for "Location SMS" settings ?
For example, in k750i (not emu) you will have an error - not able to turn on position sharing: java.io.IOException; Port 16007 already in use.
So probably this is not JP8 problem only.
Next, error is visible with every app start.
For now, the only solution I know is to turn this option off. Checked with b4.
Nibbler

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kruch wrote:

* many pts GPX file

- someone please send me one (via email) Wink , I'll have a look if there is anything that can be done; ad JBed vs S60 device: I think Symbian can "give" java more memory than Jbed (typical default is 4 MB here)

Sent. Hope you'll find something Cool

Cheers,
Nibbler.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    TrekBuddy Forum Index -> Recycle Bin All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 4 of 8

Jump to: