• internal / bluetooth / simulator GPS
  • offline raster maps
  • smart GPX / raw NMEA logs
  • waypoints and simple navigation
  • custom views
  • MIDP and Symbian phones
  • Blackberry
  • Android
Visit wiki to see all features, guides and howtos. Project tracker.
Trekbuddy is on Github now

Partners:    (Polish/Polski)(Polski) Compass mapy      (Polish/Polski)(Polski) Galileos mapy      (Polish/Polski)(Polski) CartoMedia      (Czech/Èesky)(Èesky) Eaglesoft trasy      (Polish/Polski)(Polski) ExpressMap     

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Problem with loading map.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
VrooBell

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 7:03 pm    Post subject: Problem with loading map. Reply with quote

Helo,

This is my first post here so big helo to everybody and thanks for this interesting software - TrekBuddy.

I've got gdansk.gif and gdansk.map files. i save with irfanView bmp to jpg to open it in TBMapper. Now -> i load map file and of course bmp. than i do 'Export to TrekBuddy'. HERE WAS LINK here is file with files which are made by TBMapper. and now i copy everything to my memory card to directory e:/TrekbuddyMaps/gdansk. After i try to load map in trekbuddy i get error: InvalidMapException: Failed to parse calibration file: file:///E:/TrekbuddyMaps/Gdansk/GDANSK.MAP'. What do i do wrong ?

i am running TrekBuddy on nokia 6630.

thanks for any ideas/help.

ps. do i have to copy there e:/TrekbuddyMaps/gdansk also original bmp file ?

PS.2 i have deleted link to my map file-> i've got there transfer limits so i wouldn't like to loose it. if anyone wants calibrated map of gdansk you can send me private message

Last edited by VrooBell on Wed Feb 28, 2007 7:40 am; edited 1 time in total
kruch
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You map looks ok to me, except for one thing - calibration filename is uppercase on the memory card, how did it happen? Can you change it to lowercase (and for GDANSK.SET as well + check tile names against SET file content)? I suspect this might the problem, isn't the complete error message something like

InvalidMapException: Failed to parse calibration file: file:///E:/TrekbuddyMaps/Gdansk/GDANSK.MAP': InvalidMapException: Unknown calibration file: ...

?
VrooBell

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

haaa you were right. it's because of those upper case letters. strange -> this happened during copying files through card reader...thanks for this solution !!

and one small thing connected -> how can i get rid of this repeating question -> 'Allow application TrekBuddy to read user data?' ? i have now chart splited to 667 files and everytime when it needs to load another peace of map it asks me...<-- hope this issue wasn't said somewhere in FAQ Smile

tomorrow i will try to record some track but now i checked how it works with my GPS receiver G-Space GS-R238 -> no problems Smile
Lakva

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

VrooBell wrote:
and one small thing connected -> how can i get rid of this repeating question -> 'Allow application TrekBuddy to read user data?' ? i have now chart splited to 667 files and everytime when it needs to load another peace of map it asks me...<-- hope this issue wasn't said somewhere in FAQ Smile

It was said Smile
You have to install certified version - download .jar AND .JAD files to the same directory and then double click on JAR.
PC-suite will install certified app and then you may change permissions to "allways enabled" throught Application manager > select TB > options > File settings (words may differ, my phone's menu is in czech)

VrooBell

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 7:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK. problem solved permanently.

i uploaded both jad and jar files via BT to my phone. I've found -=HERE=- info about 'Thawte CA certificate'.

menu->tools->settings->security->certif. managment <- and here have to find 'Thawte' certificates -> Options -> Trust settings and there i simply set everything to 'YES'. After this operation menu->organizer->File mgr and to my jad/jar files. instalation normally clicked on jad file and now in menu->tools->manager as Lakva said -> press options on TrekBuddy and than 'Suite options' and there 'Read user data' and 'Edit user data' changed to 'always allowed'...and that's it -> program doesn't ask anymore and i didn't need to mess my system with nokia pc suite.

thanks again for your answers -> they gave me opportunity to figure out rest Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TrekBuddy Forum Index -> Recycle Bin All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: