• internal / bluetooth / simulator GPS
  • offline raster maps
  • smart GPX / raw NMEA logs
  • waypoints and simple navigation
  • custom views
  • MIDP and Symbian phones
  • Blackberry
  • Android
Visit wiki to see all features, guides and howtos. Project tracker.
Trekbuddy is on Github now

Partners:    (Polish/Polski)(Polski) Compass mapy      (Polish/Polski)(Polski) Galileos mapy      (Polish/Polski)(Polski) CartoMedia      (Czech/Èesky)(Èesky) Eaglesoft trasy      (Polish/Polski)(Polski) ExpressMap     

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
US and Canada Map for BB 8300

View previous topic :: View next topic  
john_d13

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 9:53 pm    Post subject: US and Canada Map for BB 8300 Reply with quote

Hey guys sorry if this is a nub question but ive been using tomtom on my Nokia for ages,, now switched to BB 8300, I have my BT GPS reciever. I installed Trekbuddy successfully but I need maps of US and Canada. Coud really not find any concrete answers here. Can anyone provide the link or some info of how to install

thanks
john_d13

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

does anyone know ??
kruch
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Depends on what kind of maps you are after. If Google maps are good for you, you could use tools like googleak...
john_d13

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok well i tried that program but where do I get the sounds and where do I place the files. all i have is a .tba file and some .map files. I created my folder structure as posted on the forums but not sure what to do.

This Googleeak program i just choose my grid then export to TB.

Does anyone have these maps already created and maybee some simple installation instructions ???
sansanych

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

john_d13 wrote:
Does anyone have these maps already created and maybee some simple installation instructions ???

So Googleak creates file atlas.tba and some folders with names <scale><type>, where type is one of these: map, sat (satellite), hyb (hybrid), terrain. Simply copy file and folders to your phone (e.g. in DataDir/Map). In TB choose Load atlas and take atlas.tba. After that you can switch from one layer to other (by selecting one of folders) using key 7.
john_d13

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok so i select my grid (Toronto) click on the download button and then export to TB ? then upload the atlas files and such to the phone ?

if I do this the map size is only 2 mb. I dont think its dlding everything. Do I have to zoom in and scale down till i see streets then download and export ? if so I would have to do this like 15 times to cover all toronto

If I want to find a street can I just type it in TB and it will locate it for me like tomtom does ?
sansanych

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

john_d13 wrote:
Do I have to zoom in and scale down till i see streets then download and export ? if so I would have to do this like 15 times to cover all toronto

I think such trick will be more effective: choose scale when you can see all Toronto in one screen (11 for me), set more big scale (e.g. 16) and after that select area which will cover all Toronto and export them once.

john_d13 wrote:
If I want to find a street can I just type it in TB and it will locate it for me like tomtom does ?

No, TB just shoe maps without locating objects.
john_d13

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would it be possible for anyone to make the Map of Canada or does anyone have one handy they can share ?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 5:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ibycus maps are available online and can be processed into .img files, which then can be converted to .map files using GPSMapEdit, and then downloaded to a smartphone using TBmapper.

Ibycus maps are excellent quality and probably better than Garmin maps. They include street and topographical data in the same files, but do lack much of the massive collection of POI's in Garmin maps.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TrekBuddy Forum Index -> English All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: