• internal / bluetooth / simulator GPS
  • offline raster maps
  • smart GPX / raw NMEA logs
  • waypoints and simple navigation
  • custom views
  • MIDP and Symbian phones
  • Blackberry
  • Android
Visit wiki to see all features, guides and howtos. Project tracker.

Partners:    (Polish/Polski)(Polski) Compass mapy      (Polish/Polski)(Polski) Galileos mapy      (Polish/Polski)(Polski) CartoMedia      (Czech/Èesky)(Èesky) Eaglesoft trasy      (Polish/Polski)(Polski) ExpressMap     

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    TrekBuddy Forum Index -> Recycle Bin
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pero

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

App just frezzes during tracking on my SE K530i with HGE-100.
Nothing else happens, just the green "light" is gone and the map stops moving... I can swich screen to CMS, but the data there is still.
I tried to restart tracking, but "stop" doesn't work. I had to close the TrekBuddy and start it again.
I use tar-ed atlas.
ZanderNeomi

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 3:03 pm    Post subject: new requests Reply with quote

Hi,

I really love geocaching with the new version of trekbuddy, but I still miss a few minor features.

First: When showing all waypoints in a gpx file the cache name would be helpfull (I atached a pocket query gpx file for testing). Maybe it would be possible to combine this with the GC Name option.

It would be awesome if trekbuddy could enter waypoint description on a not active waypoint when the cursor is on it and a button is pressed.

Second: It would be great if Trekbuddy could do coordinate projection and add the new coordinates to the waypoint list. (Right now it is possible to use the cursor for this, but only if the map of the region is loaded). It would be great if the projection could be done from the current location or an entered waypoint.

Thank you a lot.

2207624.zip
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  2207624.zip
 Filesize:  165.72 KB
 Downloaded:  392 Time(s)

DeArt

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 2:05 pm    Post subject: GPRS/EDGE is constantly ON (S60 3rd) Reply with quote

Hi guys, I have Samsing i560 (S60 3rd).
After upgrading 0.9.80 to 0.9.81 I have "data connection" (GPRS/EDGE/...) constantly on when TrekBuddy is running (I see icon over trekbuddy screen). I think it steals a lot of power from battery in this mode...

As far as I understand tcp connection is used to connect between TrekBuddyService and Trekbuddy. Is it possible to have all benefits of TrekBuddyService without any need for GRPS/EDGE connection to be enabled?

P.S. I tried disabling "network connectivity" for TrekBuddy applet and tried to set empty access point - no GPRS/EDGE connection is established in this mode, but all benefits of TrekBuddyService (fast maps loading etc) are gone...

Any advice is appreciated...
masterpit

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi kruch. Thanks for all you doing for us. I'm wonder whether is it possible to add a new extra like, during the navigating by atlas to switch between different layers with +/- keys like next/previous. Most gsm devices has it to control volume and picture&cam zooming as well. If working so and with conventional atlases created with 2-3 or more zoom levels will be great.

kind regards
Petar.
tomten

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 1:46 pm    Post subject: Nice work, Kruch Reply with quote

Hi Kruch

Very nice work - I see you fixed a lot of GeoCaching stuff in this release. Major work you put into the list and GC details and hint decrypt shown in the waypoint info. Thanks. Very Happy

As you know I previously asked for the ability to sort the waypoint list, when you access a GPX file. Would be nice to sort on distance to waypoint from current location (and also then show the distance in the list) or sort alphanumeric increasing on the waypointname displayed in the list.

Another detail on my wish list is the ability to use the # keypad to switch to a promimity list - a list of nearby waypoints from current GPX file and their distance and direction. That would be cool and useful.

One thing I discovered in this version is that the BACK key on the phone does not work when you see the list of available GPX/LOC files in wpts directory, or in the Waypoints list. Probably due to that you changed interface of this list. Currently I need to pop up the menu and select BACK instead, which is a bit annoying.

Anyway - many thanks for this cool release. Razz

Best regards
/Tomas
Yossik

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Celda wrote:

I could not reproduce it even today Sad Smile Maybe everything has been OK and all this was just the result of my ignorance, confusion and misunderstanding....

I was solving some multi caches at the weekend and I was adding custom waypoints. I didnt find any right places using these waypoints. The right place was always about hundred meters aside. I was thinking that it was due to my wrong calculation. But I tried put the same coord in googleearth and it was right coordinate. So TB was displaying it wrong.

The Map datum of used map was WGS 84. I also have checked Decimal precision in Display menu and WGS 84 default datum, Lat/Lon coordinates in Basic settings. So whats wrong? I dont understand why TB is doing this crucial mistake. [b]But what is more interesting, this behaviour is totally accidental. I mean when Im inserting custom waypoint in two maps with the same map datum the result is sometime right sometimes false.

P.S. I changed coordinates in Basic settings to geocaching lat/lon and now Im putting coordinates in N DD MM.mmm fotmat and its working. But questions still remains.
Ranger

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
Could you be more exact ?
I see words about error, but I don't see error itself.
If you used custom wpts, the easiest way is to persist them.
What about map you used ? Calibration is as should be ? Are you sure ?
Just try to reproduce situation, no other way to find bugs.
Yossik

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I try to be more exact.

- Im creating custom waypoint in format DD°MM’SS.s” (map datum of my actual map is WGS 84)
- In basic settings is set: Default datum WGS 84 and Map Lat/Lon coordinates
- In display settings is set decimal precision

here is code cut from map file:

Code:
OziExplorer Map Data File Version 2.2
19-25 1094000-1085000_628000-619000
19-25_1094000-1085000_628000-619000.ozfx3
1 ,Map Code,
WGS 84,WGS 84,   0.0000,   0.0000,WGS 84
Reserved 1
Reserved 2
Magnetic Variation,,,E
Map Projection,Latitude/Longitude,PolyCal,No,AutoCalOnly,No,BSBUseWPX,No

- so my input is:

N 49°42’27.2”
E 16°6’1.7”

- Press left button Add and then press Yes (Persist custom waypoint)
- Now a gpx file is created

It contains folowing piece of code:

Code:

<wpt lat="49.707089956" lon="16.098632982">
    <time>2008-09-29T15:26:30Z</time>
    <name>WPT01</name>
    <cmt>2008-09-29 15:26:11</cmt>
</wpt>

This coordinates are WRONG
The right coordinates are these:

as you can see in gif attachment

So tell me why is TB creating gpx file with wrong coordinates? It can not be related with map datum. The conversion is just simple math, isnt it? Am I wrong

Here is related map (if you want to try):
Code:
http://rapidshare.com/files/149416196/20-26_Svratka.tar.html

prevod.gif
 Description:
 Filesize:  4.7 KB
 Viewed:  19150 Time(s)

prevod.gif

Ranger

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I followed your instruction, but content of wpt file is
Code:
<?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-8' ?>
<gpx version="1.1" creator="TrekBuddy 0.9.82" xmlns="http://www.topografix.com/GPX/1/1" xmlns:groundspeak="http://www.groundspeak.com/cache/1/0" xmlns:rmc="urn:net:trekbuddy:1.0:nmea:rmc" xmlns:xdr="urn:net:trekbuddy:1.0:nmea:xdr">
  <wpt lat="49.707555555" lon="16.100472222">
    <time>2008-09-29T17:12:43Z</time>
    <name>WPT01</name>
    <cmt>2008-09-29 17:10:11</cmt>
  </wpt>
</gpx>

Next suggestion ? Which version of TB you are using ?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ranger: are you running "TrekBuddy 0.9.82" for real? maybe a bug in current 0.9.81?
Ranger

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nope. I checked 0981 now, seems OK
Code:
<?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-8' ?>
<gpx version="1.1" creator="TrekBuddy 0.9.81" xmlns="http://www.topografix.com/GPX/1/1" xmlns:groundspeak="http://www.groundspeak.com/cache/1/0" xmlns:rmc="urn:net:trekbuddy:1.0:nmea:rmc">
  <wpt lat="49.707555555" lon="16.100472222">
    <time>2008-09-29T19:55:17Z</time>
    <name>WPT01</name>
    <cmt>2008-09-29 19:53:08</cmt>
  </wpt>
</gpx>
kruch
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this is (not) funny I can reproduce the bug in my current version Embarassed

EDIT: No! I had wrong map loaded (Pulkovo datum; coordinates saved in GPX look very similar to those you reported as wrong: lat="49.707089956" lon="16.098632982").
With Svratka map, coords in GPX are correct.
berda

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have some problems with trekbuddy-j9 (version 81)-it is strange, but my device (HTC Kaiser, J9 midlet manager) save gpx files with no content (0bytes files)-I try to save a new waypoint, everything seems to be ok, but after i quit TB and look into a wpts folder, there is a 0bytes file saved. can you, please, look on this issue? Thanx a lot!
start78

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I installed TB on my N82 (w/ helper, see signature) and on my old 6288.

On my old mobile, everything worked perfect but on my N82 the clock in cms mode didn't count the seconds. It wasn't updated every second and so confused the acceleration data shown. Sometimes every third second the clock was uptated (but only for one second!), sometimes every second, just as it liked...

The other data was just fine (speed, etc.) except that on my N82 i never got a 3D fix and the signal strength wasn't shown at all. No such problems with my old 6288.

I know i can't compare a 6288 and a S60 device (and surely not an internal gps with an external).

Does someone use an N82 with internal gps and is able to read signal strength in cms mode or has a 3D sat fix?

Posted it here as guest (via wifi connection from my mobile):
http://www.trekbuddy.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=17042#17042

kruch
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@berda In to-be-released 0.9.82, wpts saving has been changed and it should be more reliable

@start78 Please make a short (minute or so) NMEA log for me
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    TrekBuddy Forum Index -> Recycle Bin All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 7 of 9

Jump to: