• internal / bluetooth / simulator GPS
  • offline raster maps
  • smart GPX / raw NMEA logs
  • waypoints and simple navigation
  • custom views
  • MIDP and Symbian phones
  • Blackberry
  • Android
Visit wiki to see all features, guides and howtos. Project tracker.

Partners:    (Polish/Polski)(Polski) Compass mapy      (Polish/Polski)(Polski) Galileos mapy      (Polish/Polski)(Polski) CartoMedia      (Czech/Èesky)(Èesky) Eaglesoft trasy      (Polish/Polski)(Polski) ExpressMap     

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
0.9.5 beta
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    TrekBuddy Forum Index -> Recycle Bin
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kruch
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 10:50 am    Post subject: 0.9.5 beta Reply with quote

Here's 0.9.5 beta3 for brave testers Wink

* My naive geometric map interpretation is replaced with most widely used Transverse Mercator projection. It is the only projection supported as of now. If projection params are missing in calibration, TB fallbacks to UTM. For some grids, the params are not explicitly shown in calibration, but their support is hardcoded; these are: British National and Swedish grid.
* Via JAD, any geodetic horizontal datum may be added to TB. See trekbuddy.jad for example how to define a datum and map it to name used in calibration. By default, TB knows WGS 84, RT 90, OSGB 36 and S-42 (Russia).
* "mapless view" (aka HPS) is walking direction oriented, with compass on the background. I'm not sure whether it is better to have big pale compass on background or small bright one in a screen corner (right-top)?

There are other small changes/improvements you may or may not notice... If you feel like testing TB, go ahead and let me know how it goes! Cool

hegi - I could not reproduce .loc files parsing problems; revised XML parser anyway - can you try it now?
A780 - I fixed a bug in Settings form and added more diagnostics to Info form; map scrolling may work now (try touching near screen margins)

http://www.trekbuddy.net/releases/0.9.5beta3/index.php

2007-01-01 beta 4
    - added "Latitude/Longitude" projection support
    - improved filesystem browsing on SXG75

http://www.trekbuddy.net/releases/0.9.5b4/index.php

2007-01-01 beta 5
    - fixed GMI parsing

http://www.trekbuddy.net/releases/0.9.5b5/index.php

2007-01-03 rc 1
    - GMI calibration processing fixed
    - optimizations and bugfixes in HPS
    - last-position-on-map should finally work
    - added motorola-specific file API support (first attempt )

http://www.trekbuddy.net/releases/0.9.5rc1/index.php

2007-01-05 rc2
    - bugfixes in HPS (also: new option in Settings for wpt azimuth)
    - remapped keys for atlas ops ("*", "#" -> "7", "9") and HPS (use "#" now) - I find "#" more convenient for opening HPS which is more frequent action then atlas ops; sorry but you'll get used to it Wink
    - subtle changes in Settings
    - smoother map-boundary crossing within atlas
    - more fixes in A780 version

http://www.trekbuddy.net/releases/0.9.5rc2/index.php

2007-01-09 rc3
    - fixed asin() - TB should not freeze anymore
    - Default Datum option is back
    - commands menu simplified + added "Pause"/"Continue" commands
    - you can turn basic (1st line, ie. coordinates) info in OSD off
    - changed build procedure for x65 & a780 builds + more fixes in A780 version

And... the pain is over for most of us.... TrekBuddy is now signed... so backup your tar-ed map packages, and then - unpack them!

Once you install the new version (you have to do it via/with JAD), do not forget to set the permissions for the midlet properly ("Read/Write user data: Never ask", or whatever it is on your phone). Also, disable map caching - it is no longer needed!

If you want/need to use in-jar maps, just do not use JAD, or remove MIDlet-Jar-RSA-SHA1 and all 3 MIDlet-Certificate-n properties from it.

http://www.trekbuddy.net/releases/0.9.5rc3/index.php

2007-01-19 rc4
    - Mercator support
    - permission fixes
    - A780: can save tracklogs I hope + basic touchscreen command handling (see Devices/A780 thread)
    - other minor tweaks, optimizations, changes... and bugs maybe, but hope not Confused

This is last RC, unless a serious bug(s) is discovered, I'm done with 0.9.5 and make a final announcement + update doc a bit etc

http://www.trekbuddy.net/releases/0.9.5rc4/index.php

Last edited by kruch on Fri Jan 19, 2007 6:18 pm; edited 19 times in total
krzysiekz

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I treid new version, and my scanned maps works now :) But IMG maps exported via mapedit show wrong position (lat/long projection). How to define this projection in TB? Ozi puts "Projection Setup,,,,,,," only.
kruch
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could you send me such map for testing? Thanls.
hegi

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 2:55 pm    Post subject: Re: 0.9.5 (beta3) Reply with quote

Hi Kruch,

... happy new year from good ole Germany !!!

kruch wrote:

hegi - I could not reproduce .loc files parsing problems; revised XML parser anyway - can you try it now?

Just tried it. - Unfortunately there is no change! Crying or Very sad

kruch wrote:

* "mapless view" (aka HPS) is walking direction oriented, with compass on the background. I'm not sure whether it is better to have big pale compass on background or small bright one in a screen corner (right-top)?

I just had a quick walk down the street ...
This is *REALLY* great. - I Just love it! Cool

But: is there a way to leave HPS mode and get back to the world-map? - Havn't figured this one out yet.

Do I understand the idea of the short-term (green) and the long-term (cyan) position in this way, that this a position averaging, and that, when I stay at a point for some while, this should home in with greater accuracy ... where the ideal would be all cyan circles in one place = greatest possible accuracy?

By the way: Is there a way to figure somehow more precisely, how accurate my signal is? - Something like inacuracy in meters or so ...?

However, there are things I don't understand - bug?
- World Map doesn't center on current position (leading to red coordinates - with correct current position)
- I don't really understand what is the logic for the suggested default for "enter waypoint manually"? - Sometimes it appears to be current position. Then again it seems to be the position when changing map-mode last time ... I find this confusing.

HTH

Hegi.
krzysiekz

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I noticed something strange yesterday (31.12). When i start receiver, i've got fix, but without UTC time. TB don't know what to do, and can't connect to receiver, mobitrack demo works, but show only position and speed, no utc, track, stats.
chrysanthemumman

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey this links provide zip files....hw do i install these..earlier versions had.....jar and jad files...plz help!
kruch
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chrysanthemumman: just change the extension from .zip to .jar, I guess it has something to do with server settings

krzysiekz: don't you happen to have NMEA log? and, I've added support for "Latitude/Longitude" projection; your map worked well for me (see 0.9.5b4)

hegi
[list]- LOC parsing is a mystery to me Sad ; anyway, put some more checks in the code, so if you would try 0.9.5b4, I'd hope to see different error. btw, are you still loading the .loc files from the same location?
- you should be able to leave HPS the same way you enter it - press "9"
- I guess cyan circles will never be in one place, but the "cyan" position (which is average of the last N average positions) should be the position with greatest possible accuracy
- you may get tsome idea of accuracy of the position(s) by looking at average hdop and number of satelites - these 2 numbers are shown in left-top corner, just bellow lat/lon
- I'll check the World Map issue with red coords
- enter waypoint manually prefills the text fields in the form with (WGS 84!) coordinates that corresponds to crosshair position; you may enter whatever (WGS 84) coords you want, in either DD MM or DD MM SS format.

In 0.9.5b4, I've changed filesystem browsing a bit for SXG75, anyone can try if it works? And if, by any chance, it is possible to browse and use files from memory card better?

http://www.trekbuddy.net/releases/0.9.5b4/index.php

Last edited by kruch on Mon Jan 01, 2007 9:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
krzysiekz

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IMG maps works :) Thanks. No, i don't have log, TB show blue ball in corner, but can't connect. MT demo did'n recorded trace, only show position.
hegi

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kruch wrote:
- LOC parsing is a mystery to me Sad ; anyway, put some more checks in the code, so if you would try 0.9.5b4, I'd hope to see different error. btw, are you still loading the .loc files from the same location?

Now I can finally load again .loc-files. Works for both, phone-fs ans card-fs - Thanks! Very Happy
Yes, I was using the same .loc-files on the phone.

kruch wrote:
- you should be able to leave HPS the same way you enter it - press "9"

Oh. Thats's simple - and it even works. Smile

kruch wrote:
- I guess cyan circles will never be in one place, but the "cyan" position (which is average of the last N average positions) should be the position with greatest possible accuracy

OK. - Makes sense to me. - What is the value vor N? Can I toggle it (don't have to, just asking ... you see I'm curious!)

kruch wrote:
- you may get tsome idea of accuracy of the position(s) by looking at average hdop and number of satelites - these 2 numbers are shown in left-top corner, just bellow lat/lon

Since SXG75 doesn't provide Satellite Information the latter is sadly -1 for me. How do I interpred hdop-values?

kruch wrote:
- I'll check the World Map issue with red coords
- enter waypoint manually prefills the text fields in the form with (WGS 84!) coordinates that corresponds to crosshair position; you may enter whatever (WGS 84) coords you want, in either DD MM or DD MM SS format.

OK & Thanks! - To me the world-map thing seems only, that the crosshair doesn't get moved to position and as a result coords are red.

kruch wrote:
In 0.9.5b4, I've changed filesystem browsing a bit for SXG75, anyone can try if it works? And if, by any chance, it is possible to browse and use files from memory card better?

I can browse and use files from memory card. That works now even for files in subdirectories (tried level 3 subdirs: /mmc-miscellaneous/abc/def/ghi.loc). - Cool.

But I get an error when I try to "Record Current" - Unfortunately the message appears after 1 Second again. My clue: It tries to save to "file:///E:/...." - This doesn't sound compatible with the SXG75s naming.

When I want to load a waypoint, the Directory list is as follows for me:
Code:
efs-misscellaneous/
efs-pictures/
efs-sounds/
efs-videos/
fs/
mmc-misscellaneous/
mmc-pictures/
mmc-sounds/
mmc-videos/

Where "fs/" is somewhere in the BREW-tree, "efs-..." dir on phone-fs and "mmc-..." dir on expansion card.

HTH

Hegi.
kruch
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hegi wrote:
But I get an error when I try to "Record Current" - Unfortunately the message appears after 1 Second again. My clue: It tries to save to "file:///E:/...." - This doesn't sound compatible with the SXG75s naming.

You may need to edit tracklogs directory (in Settings) , where waypoints are stored too; to something like "file:///mmc-misscellaneous/..."

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Kruch,

Happy New Year and thanks for the new version 0.95betax. I tried all the maps I had probems beginning of December and now they are working 100% correct. (TM maps using a UTM grid) Smile.

With all other maps I having problems now. These maps are generated with Map Calibrator and I am using the *.gmi cal-file. When loading these maps with 0.94 everything works fine but in 0.95betax it not able to show show the coordiantes on the map and to display the actual position. Hm what is the trick to get that work? All the maps which use OziExplorer *.map files are working very good. Here a example gmi file which is not working:

Map Calibration data file v3.0
D:\Stuttgart\Ruth.jpg
0;0;9.09779620594555;48.9116687443198
2000;2000;9.17407182298535;48.8615139567028
Border and Scale
48.9116687443198;9.09779620594555;48.8615139567028;9.17407182298535
26220.6990597845;39876.552070619

I think the projection parameters are missing but I was not able to find a format describtion for gmi file format. Any hints from your side.

Best Regards,

Rainer
kruch
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Coudl you send me the "D:\Stuttgart\Ruth.jpg" image for testing? Thanks.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Kruch,

Just tried to mail you the file but your mail box is over it quota Sad. I try to attach the file to this message.

Best Regards,

Rainer
hegi

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi kruch,

kruch wrote:
You may need to edit tracklogs directory (in Settings) , where waypoints are stored too; to something like "file:///mmc-misscellaneous/..."

Oh, Ok. - I had tracklogs set to never and hence the setting wasn't shown. Got that successful edited.

The good news first: I can now write files to SXG75. - However, only in the /fs directory of the BREW tree. This is due to your lentghy default filenames. SXG75 cannot handle filenames that exceed (incl. full path!) 30 characters. I don't know why, but this is a fact (see foum on SXG75.com - Might be related to the implemation of DRM).

Since mmc-miscellaneous is a default directory for stuff like waypoints and a subfolder "tb" would make sense, that leaves 8-12 charcters for the lognames. - I cannot say for shure, because the leading "mmc-" is not on the actual card - this seems to be a java-specific naming for the card.

The easiest way form my point of view would be to make the default-filename configurabe in settings.

HTH

Hegi.
hegi

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

hegi wrote:
The good news first: I can now write files to SXG75. - However, only in the /fs directory of the BREW tree. This is due to your lentghy default filenames. SXG75 cannot handle filenames that exceed (incl. full path!) 30 characters. I don't know why, but this is a fact (see foum on SXG75.com - Might be related to the implemation of DRM).

I just got hold of the error message:
Code:
Failed to create GPX file file:///... java.io.IOException: [///... is not accessible for write

And since your filename is 43 characters long and I can save it in /fs it seems possible to handle some more than 30 chars. - The specified "30" chars was probably just an always "safe" length.

Hegi.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    TrekBuddy Forum Index -> Recycle Bin All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 1 of 8

Jump to: