• internal / bluetooth / simulator GPS
  • offline raster maps
  • smart GPX / raw NMEA logs
  • waypoints and simple navigation
  • custom views
  • MIDP and Symbian phones
  • Blackberry
  • Android
Visit wiki to see all features, guides and howtos. Project tracker.
Trekbuddy is on Github now

Partners:    (Polish/Polski)(Polski) Compass mapy      (Polish/Polski)(Polski) Galileos mapy      (Polish/Polski)(Polski) CartoMedia      (Czech/Èesky)(Èesky) Eaglesoft trasy      (Polish/Polski)(Polski) ExpressMap     

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
tb cutter
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic :: View next topic  
oyoung

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks a lot
I'll try

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="16stonepig"]I'm having trouble with TBCutter. I'm using Map Calibrator to create a GMI for an exported UK map. In Map Calibrator, the correct Lat and Long are being displayed for any point on the map I choose.

However, when I slice it up using TBCutter and import onto my blackberry, the map is about 200m out. The GPS position reported by the blackberry is correct, so the problem must be something to do with transforming the original map file into tiles.

Can anyone help? Where should I be looking to troubleshoot this?[/quote]

I too had this problem but my error was a bit bigger. I suspect that the error gets larger as the map size increases - why I have no idea.

I wonder whether you are trying to create an OS based map in which case use the new release of [url=http://www.trekbuddy.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3755]Atlas Creator[/url]which now has access to Multimap UK OS mapping.

Why the link not work??? 'cos I am a guest?

R
michal7

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thing that map calibration is most probable source of deviation, TBCutter's simple operation is tested many times and I don't see any reason for this type of error.
Are you sure of correct projection of your source map? Bad projection type causes such differences, that are symmetrical on left/right or up/down margins.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="michal7"]
I thing that map calibration is most probable source of deviation
[/quote]

Error exists even when at a calibration point!

[quote="michal7"]
Are you sure of correct projection of your source map? Bad projection type causes such differences, that are symmetrical on left/right or up/down margins.
[/quote]

Not sure what you mean but my error differed across the map from 200 to around 500m.

R
michal7

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I make calibration with OziExplorer, projection type is in calibration file in form
Map Projection,Transverse Mercator
Map Projection,(UTM) Universal Transverse Mercator
Map Projection,Mercator etc.
Also Map Datum (probably WGS 84) is important. Bad projection causes errors growing from zero at the map centre to maximum at the map corners, if 4 calibration points near to map corners are used.
Try to change projection type and than check the calibration with new calibration file.
Or look for maps generated in http://www.trekbuddy.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3755 . If available sources are not much worse than your map, it is easier to build your atlas with this tool.
Profete162

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, but I'm lost with all the posts and topics on this forum where i am looking to create a custom map from a huge graphic file.

I think I have to use the tool of this topic ( most of the links are broken) tu create a tiled map from a big graphic file, is that right?

And then, when should I specify the GPS coordinates of my new maps??

I am totally lost in all this forum! Too much informations everywhere.

Thank for any help
jolly47roger

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try MAPC2MAPC : calibrate it once and then create a Garmin Custom Map.
Only limit on size is memory.
dan1

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 8:53 am    Post subject: Re: TBcutter.pl Reply with quote

semik wrote:

pyTBcutter produces bit weird output - it doesn't mantain same color palete over all titles and result output map changes colors when scroling. I do not know Python, so I've written my version in perl. Usage:

Usage: TBcutter.pl [options] -f <filename>

Diky za skriptik Smile
Thanks for this great script, I am gonna test it now.

I had one issue with making it work - when I run script, it freezed on first cut, with CPU at 100%.

I found, that problem is in code
Code:

$c->Quantize(colors => $colors,
       dither => 0);
When I comment these 2 lines, everything works.
What could be problem with this function?
Tested on Kubuntu Lucid 10.04 with repository versions of imagemagick, perl,...
fiestak

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahoj, předem bych chtěl smeknout a poděkovat autorovi za super aplikaci, kterou používám už několik let. Díky :)

A teď k problému:
mám stažené mapy od Zanyho - ČR 1:10000 a potřeboval bych každou část mapy nařezat, abych mohl vytvořit atlas. Těch částí je přes 2000.
Jaký prográmek na rozřezání použít? Ideálně pro DOS, abych mohl vytvořit dávkový soubor. TB Cutter je super, ale pro windowsy a každý .PNG soubor se musí ručně zadat, což je v tomto případě nepoužitelné.
Taky prosím nic pro linuxy, jsem v nich fakt slabej, se skriptama staženýma zde ve foru bojuju už týden bez valného úspěchu.

Předem díky.

EN:
have somebody any tool for cutting large number of .PNG files (about 2000)? Best for MS-DOS (or windows - but I need to cut them all in one process, not one by one).
No for linux please, I'm really weak in this platform.
Thanx a lot.
Mateusz Malinowski

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can use Photoscape and splitter function -> just select all images and wait.

fiestak wrote:
Ahoj, předem bych chtěl smeknout a poděkovat autorovi za super aplikaci, kterou používám už několik let. Díky Smile

A teď k problému:
mám stažené mapy od Zanyho - ČR 1:10000 a potřeboval bych každou část mapy nařezat, abych mohl vytvořit atlas. Těch částí je přes 2000.
Jaký prográmek na rozřezání použít? Ideálně pro DOS, abych mohl vytvořit dávkový soubor. TB Cutter je super, ale pro windowsy a každý .PNG soubor se musí ručně zadat, což je v tomto případě nepoužitelné.
Taky prosím nic pro linuxy, jsem v nich fakt slabej, se skriptama staženýma zde ve foru bojuju už týden bez valného úspěchu.

Předem díky.

EN:
have somebody any tool for cutting large number of .PNG files (about 2000)? Best for MS-DOS (or windows - but I need to cut them all in one process, not one by one).
No for linux please, I'm really weak in this platform.
Thanx a lot.
fiestak

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you very much for this tip, I tried it, but it doesn't work for images created from .ozfx3 by demapper or ozf2img (there is message Finished! but nothing happened, other .jpg or .png files works fine) :(

I tried TBMapper and other windows programs, but every file have 10080x10080px...with 1GB RAM I can proceed only with 5 or 6 files at one step - unusable for thousand files.

Do you have any other tip?

Maybe for Linux too...I tried ImageMagick unsucessful :( is there any command for cutting the PNG file? And then for create some batch file (like .BAT in DOS)?

Thank you for every tip.
Mateusz Malinowski

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GDAL?
http://www.gdal.org/

I dont't know this program. Use some time ago but for another thing and just as I could find instruction.

Commands, bat file etc. (not for me). Somewhere I read it can split images.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, kruch:
Thank you for the gps apk. It works nice on my Android 2.4 ver. Your software is the best of all gps nav i have tried, and it is free. I will make you a Donation soon. If you may think this can be usefull: I ask you?
if you can make the Map compass much bigger, and that it always shows
the Bearing and Heading on top of the map, with big numbers. Since we
Know that navigating with a gps is very distracting, this will help the
user to locate his Target faster. The no map compass is greate, i find it
very usefull. You should mark the ring of the compass with the degree numbers.

Thank you
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TrekBuddy Forum Index -> Tools All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: