• internal / bluetooth / simulator GPS
  • offline raster maps
  • smart GPX / raw NMEA logs
  • waypoints and simple navigation
  • custom views
  • MIDP and Symbian phones
  • Blackberry
  • Android
Visit wiki to see all features, guides and howtos. Project tracker.
Trekbuddy is on Github now

Partners:    (Polish/Polski)(Polski) Compass mapy      (Polish/Polski)(Polski) Galileos mapy      (Polish/Polski)(Polski) CartoMedia      (Czech/Èesky)(Èesky) Eaglesoft trasy      (Polish/Polski)(Polski) ExpressMap     

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    TrekBuddy Forum Index -> Recycle Bin
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cejma

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kruch wrote:
cejma wrote:
No comments in wpts.

How come?

Raději česky: při vyvolání detailu waypointu se nezobrazí jeho komentář, jen nadpis "Comment" a pod ním hned "Location". Ostatní se zobrazí.
pras

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello!
I want to ask if the software can accept an sms with NMEA coordinates($GPRMC,$GPGGA) and show the exact location on the map?
I send an sms to my phone the sms comes, but the software does not recognize it.
Any suggestion? On the other phone I dont use TrekBuddy.
Thanks Very Happy
Nibbler

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cejma wrote:
No comments in wpts.

Yes I have the same issue ! Sad
I have created several gpx files with comments for each waypoint that were perfectly displayed by the 0.9.78 release ... now I just have the title "Comment" without any text below then the title "Location" with the location.
x2fer

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In my SE K750i, I can see the comments of each waypoint. Only, the accented characters (á, é, í, ó, ú) appear incorrectly, and the following two characters disappear.

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<gpx version="1.1">
    <wpt lat="41.241407933" lon="-3.743796083">
        <name>Plaza de la Iglesia</name>
        <ele>994.4</ele>
        <cmt>Inicio de la ruta. Desde la plaza de la Iglesia, toma la calle de bajada, siguiendo por el lado derecho, en dirección a la entrada del pueblo.</cmt>
        <sym>0</sym>
        <link href="Audio_01.amr"/>
    </wpt>

Nibbler

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, I understand ... in my .gpx file I have <desc> instead of <cmt> Rolling Eyes

As for the accented characters it is because of the "UTF-8" encoding !
The UTF-8 only uses the first 128 characters from the ASCII table "as-is", not the extended ones (from 128 to 255) which are used to encode in a unique way multiple languages using a combination of several bytes (have a look at Unicode & UTF-8 on wikipedia...)

So you must find a software that will translate your comments from ASCII to UTF-8 to correctly see the accented characters.

Cheers,
Nibbler.
x2fer

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, deleting the text "encoding = "UTF-8"", the comments are correctly written.
tomten

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 10:05 pm    Post subject: Geocaching GPX comments - not visible at all Reply with quote

Hi

I use the GPX files generated by Geocaching.com pocket queries straight off. I has been working just fine, but running version .80, the comments does not show any more. Previosly, the comment field from Geocaching contained the "Cache Name" and "Cache Owner".

I have attached 2 samples. I am pretty sure that TrekBuddy used the "desc" field subordinate to the <wpt> tag mapping into the comments field.

By the way; a few feature requests also posted in other place in forum:

- if the list of waypoints could show distance to waypoint from current position
- if the list of waypoints can be sorted on waypoint name or distance
- it would be nice if the cache description page could show the <encoded_hints> field, if exist

Thanks for TrekBuddy! It's great!

Best regards
/Tomas

wpts.rar
 Description:
GeoCache GPX samples

Download
 Filename:  wpts.rar
 Filesize:  50.72 KB
 Downloaded:  202 Time(s)

Nibbler

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 1:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Geocaching GPX comments - not visible at all Reply with quote

tomten wrote:
I am pretty sure that TrekBuddy used the "desc" field subordinate to the <wpt> tag mapping into the comments field.
- if the list of waypoints could show distance to waypoint from current position
- if the list of waypoints can be sorted on waypoint name or distance
- it would be nice if the cache description page could show the <encoded_hints> field, if exist

For the <desc> I confirm : till the 0.9.78 the <desc> field was used for the comment.
But never mind you just have to do a search and replace on all <desc> and </desc> fields and replace them by <cmt> and </cmt>

As for the features request I fully agree and also vote for them, with <encoded_hints> as the higher priority ! Very Happy Rolling Eyes

@kruch : if it can help you, even I'm not really experienced in java, I can try to create for you a DecodeHint(String Hint) function so you'll just have to use it and add a button in the waypoint screen to show the hint if the <encoded_hints> field exists for the current waypoint ?

I've already created and tested this function in Delphi :
Code:

function DecodeHint(Hint: string): string;
var i : integer;
begin
  for i:=1 to length(Hint) do
  begin
    result:=result+chr(invChar(ord(Hint[i])));
  end;
end;

function invChar(b : byte) : byte;
begin
  result:=b;
  if (b>=Ord('A')) and (b<=Ord('M')) then result:=result+13;
  if (b>=Ord('a')) and (b<=Ord('m')) then result:=result+13;
  if (b>=Ord('N')) and (b<=Ord('Z')) then result:=result-13;
  if (b>=Ord('n')) and (b<=Ord('z')) then result:=result-13;
end;

Cheers,
Nibbler.
tomten

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 1:48 pm    Post subject: GPX files from Geocaching - description vs comments Reply with quote

Hi Nibbler and Kruch

Yes, replacing the <desc> tag with <cmt> tag may solve it, but every week I get about 5-8 automatically generated GPX-files from Geocaching Pocket Queries service. I think it is quite conveniant to have the ability to pickup the zip-file and extract the GPX-file directly on or to the device, without having to replace contents in the file.

Kruch - maybe you can identify that the GPX file is a Geocaching GPX file, and hence use the desc-field instead of the comment field, or make the necessary replacements in the XML-file before starting to parse it?

Best regards
/Tomas
kruch
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pras wrote:
Hello!
I want to ask if the software can accept an sms with NMEA coordinates($GPRMC,$GPGGA) and show the exact location on the map?
I send an sms to my phone the sms comes, but the software does not recognize it.
Thanks Very Happy

TrekBuddy has its own SMS format (probably not a wise choice), but anyway - midlets do not have access to ordinary inbox Sad

Last edited by kruch on Thu Jul 10, 2008 12:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
kruch
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Better handling of geocaching.com GPX files is discussed in too many threads here... Confused I hope you come to a conclusion acceptable for geocachers here...
Lakva

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 4:35 pm    Post subject: GeoCaching Reply with quote

I use .LOC-files from Geocaching.com. There is a "<name> by <owner>" string in the comment field. I never had any problem with it.

But I never tried GPX from GC.com, so I'm not going argue which one is better - MAYBE the GPX has some extra advance I don't know... Wink

pras

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kruch wrote:
pras wrote:
Hello!
Thanks Very Happy

TrekBuddy has its own SMS format (probably not a wise choice), but anyway - midlets do not have access to ordinary inbox Sad

I am not sure but could you please check this article....
http://discussion.forum.nokia.com/forum/showthread.php?t=86475
kruch
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pras wrote:
I am not sure but could you please check this article....
http://discussion.forum.nokia.com/forum/showthread.php?t=86475

It may be a solution, but for S60 device only...

Anyway... what a coincidence.. I've spent last couple of days researching such "thing", and I can say that 0.9.81 (and onwards) will have native Symbian buddy application for S60 owners, that will make tar-ed maps work as fast as on other devices. And working backlight control (I hope)... I hope to polish the code and make it available for testing tomorrow or weekend.
easypeacy42

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kruch wrote:
Small clarification of satelite info shown for Internal provider:

The verity of info shown in TB depends on how much raw NMEA data can be retrieved for a location via Location API.

Just FYI - On my Nokia N95 8GB I now see some satellite information (great!). I see the number of satellites and the HDOP value but no signal strength or any other information. Obviously the N95 doesn't provide this, then. No problem, I'm happy with what I get.

Edit:

Out of curiosity:
As you mention soon to release a native S60 version (cool!), are there any plans to provide an . version (via the Apps Store) one day? Not that I have an ., just asking.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    TrekBuddy Forum Index -> Recycle Bin All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6

Jump to: