• internal / bluetooth / simulator GPS
  • offline raster maps
  • smart GPX / raw NMEA logs
  • waypoints and simple navigation
  • custom views
  • MIDP and Symbian phones
  • Blackberry
  • Android
Visit wiki to see all features, guides and howtos. Project tracker.

Partners:    (Polish/Polski)(Polski) Compass mapy      (Polish/Polski)(Polski) Galileos mapy      (Polish/Polski)(Polski) CartoMedia      (Czech/Èesky)(Èesky) Eaglesoft trasy      (Polish/Polski)(Polski) ExpressMap     

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
0.9.79 RC
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    TrekBuddy Forum Index -> Recycle Bin
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kruch
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 10:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Not functioning in emulator Reply with quote

jiri.tusla wrote:
I'm just trying it in Sun Java Wireles Tookit, v.2.5.2. The J2SE running it is 6u6.

IMHO it is a bug in WTK. By the way I use 2.5.1, I get this warning too but midlet does not lock.
The specification is not very explicit about it, but for LocationProvider.getInstance(...), which is basically what happens when Start-ing tracking with Internal provide, says:

"This method only makes the selection of the provider based on the criteria and is intended to return it quickly to the application. Any possible initialization of the provider is done at an implementation dependent time and MUST NOT block the call to this method."
kruch
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gisela wrote:
kruch wrote:
@Gisela: what exactly happens when you do Stop?

Nothing, TB just continues but I can't restart, I can only choose Pause.

Oh my... in the meantime, I've made some changes in bluetooth provider shutdown code; I attached the build, if you feel like trying..
oldrich

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 6:40 am    Post subject: Nefunguje mi 0.9.79 na MDA VARIO WM6.1 IBM-J9 Reply with quote

Ahoj, po instalaci verze 0.9.79 RC trekbuddy-j9 mi nefunguje navigace. Po tlačítku START přijde dotaz: "Can TrekBuddy activate a local port for connectivity to another computer ... yes, no" a tato obrazovka už zůstává na telefonu napořád viset, jakákoli odpověď vrací vždy tuto obrazovku a je třeba TrekBuddy ukončit task managerem. Po opětné instalaci verze 0.9.78 je vše v pořádku. Provozuji na MDA Vario, WM6.1, IBM-J9. Sad
gisela

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gisela wrote:
kruch wrote:
@Gisela: what exactly happens when you do Stop?

Nothing, TB just continues but I can't restart, I can only choose Pause.

I tried it again yesterday and now it turns out that 'stop' works as long as TB is communicating with the gps. As soon as this communication stops, 'stop' doesn't work anymore. So it's not as bad as it seemed.
kruch
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gisela wrote:
I tried it again yesterday and now it turns out that 'stop' works as long as TB is communicating with the gps. As soon as this communication stops, 'stop' doesn't work anymore. So it's not as bad as it seemed.

Stop command is available when TB is communicating with the gps. When the commucation stops, Stop command should get replaced with Start again... does the gps indicator turns red after commucation stops?
gisela

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kruch wrote:
gisela wrote:

Stop command is available when TB is communicating with the gps. When the commucation stops, Stop command should get replaced with Start again... does the gps indicator turns red after commucation stops?

No it turns orange, if the communication stops it takes a few seconds and then the gps indicator turns to orange. In Info --> Technical everything seems allright.
jiri.tusla

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 2:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Not functioning in emulator Reply with quote

kruch wrote:
jiri.tusla wrote:
I'm just trying it in Sun Java Wireles Tookit, v.2.5.2. The J2SE running it is 6u6.

IMHO it is a bug in WTK. By the way I use 2.5.1, I get this warning too but midlet does not lock.
The specification is not very explicit about it, but for LocationProvider.getInstance(...), which is basically what happens when Start-ing tracking with Internal provide, says:

"This method only makes the selection of the provider based on the criteria and is intended to return it quickly to the application. Any possible initialization of the provider is done at an implementation dependent time and MUST NOT block the call to this method."

It's funny.
Trying to create a project from JAD/JAR with WTK2.5.1 and neither windows or linux has the same problem: "The JAD file cannot be read".
According to the posts
InvalidJadException: Reason = 36
Using WTK 2.5.1 and TinyLineMIDP SDK Demo JAR/JAD
this happens in case there are "." (dot) in JAD file in custom property names. Which is not our case.
So, any other idea?

Update 17:43, 12.6.2008: version for gisela works fine with WTK2.5.2.

MaxMunro

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 2:30 pm    Post subject: How download 9.79 BETA to blackberry 8310 v4.2.2.181 Reply with quote

@kruch: Brilliant App - I love it and it has already saved my life on a Scottish hill ! Thank you.

Dumb question - can anyone point me to How to download the latest BETA onto my blackberry. I installed the last full version OTA, but not sure what to do with jad and jar for BETA. Thanks
leprechaun

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@ Kruch: Changing trail line width and line colour works perfectly on SE M600i. Thank you! No other problems with latest 9.79 version so far.

The only thing I am now still missing is, like "Guy" and "sbreit" proposed, setting route colour and thickness in the same manner.

Than it would be the perfect tool for me!!!

But already now I love your application!!!

stagiaire

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 1:41 pm    Post subject: French translation source file Reply with quote

Hi,

here is the french translation source file for this marvelous tool. Wink
(res file already posted on wiki).

Cheers
Stagiaire

language.fr_FR.txt
 Description:
French translation for TrekBuddy
Traduction française pour TrekBuddy

Download
 Filename:  language.fr_FR.txt
 Filesize:  8.35 KB
 Downloaded:  188 Time(s)

buka

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 7:30 pm    Post subject: tracklog problem Reply with quote

Latest version posted on: Wed Jun 11, 2008 10:28 pm
Nokia E61i
TB does not close tags in tracklog. End of gpx file looks as:
Code:
     <trkpt lat="52.187525000" lon="21.058526666">
        <ele>89.6</ele>
        <time>2008-06-15T14:12:15Z</time>
        <fix>2d</fix>
        <sat>10</sat>
        <extensions>
          <rmc:course>191.4</rmc:course>
          <rmc:speed>1.8</rmc:speed>
        </extensions>
      </trkpt> {end of file)

insteaad of

Code:
     <trkpt lat="52.187525000" lon="21.058526666">
        <ele>89.6</ele>
        <time>2008-06-15T14:12:15Z</time>
        <fix>2d</fix>
        <sat>10</sat>
        <extensions>
          <rmc:course>191.4</rmc:course>
          <rmc:speed>1.8</rmc:speed>
        </extensions>
       </trkpt>
    </trkseg> <<<<
  </trk>        <<<<
</gpx>         <<<<

TB was exited by 'Exit" without calling "Stop" before. The receiver sends only GGA and RMC every 4 second. So fix 2d is not an error.

Previous build closed gpx file propperly.

Update: Calling "Stop" from main menu closes trackfile propperly.
vincent

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

actually with this version I have a several crach without any reason.
my phone (k750i) simply return to the normal mode fonctionning while the apps was running normally.

just a map loaded, my personal cms showed on the scren and a 5hz nmea tracking.

the nmea is empty after the crash so it's why I suppose that is a crash.

what could I do, to locate deeper the problem ?
kruch
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vincent wrote:
what could I do, to locate deeper the problem ?

You could send me your CMS, I'll let it run in K750i under same conditions (nmea log, 5 Hz).
kruch
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 7:42 pm    Post subject: Re: How download 9.79 BETA to blackberry 8310 v4.2.2.181 Reply with quote

MaxMunro wrote:
@kruch: Brilliant App - I love it and it has already saved my life on a Scottish hill ! Thank you.

Dumb question - can anyone point me to How to download the latest BETA onto my blackberry. I installed the last full version OTA, but not sure what to do with jad and jar for BETA. Thanks

Pleasure to hear it Wink
Here's a link to today's build (still not final! - I hope I did not screw it up too much) for OTA: http://www.trekbuddy.net/releases/0.9.79/trekbuddy_bb_v42.jad
MaxMunro

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

x2fer wrote:
x singmaus70

When you modify options in Settings, Save changes, do not Apply changes.

Apply is only for current session.

Same problem unless I'm doing something wrong: on bbery 8310, can only Apply for session, cannot Save to take effect for future sessions.
Settings > Desktop from menu> Desktop detailed list of options > make changes: all OK.
Then holding down the button to the left of the trackball only gives the option of OK. Pressing that takes us back to the Settings menu. Then selecting Save takes us back again to the detailed listing of Desktop options, insted of back to the map. I think this means we cannot currently fully save the settings?
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    TrekBuddy Forum Index -> Recycle Bin All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 10 of 11

Jump to: