icon TrekBuddy
www.trekbuddy.net
Outdoor companion.
  • bluetooth / serial / internal GPS, simulator
  • offline raster maps (common grids and projections)
  • smart GPX / raw NMEA logs
  • waypoints and simple navigation
  • ... and more
  • MIDP and Symbian phones
  • Blackberry
  • Android
  • Windows Mobile 5.x/6.x
  • Windows Phone coming
Visit our wiki to see all features, guides and howtos. Project tracker.

Partners:    (Polish/Polski)(Polski) Compass mapy      (Polish/Polski)(Polski) Galileos mapy      (Polish/Polski)(Polski) CartoMedia      (Czech/╚esky)(╚esky) Eaglesoft trasy      (Polish/Polski)(Polski) ExpressMap     

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
0.9.79 RC
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    TrekBuddy Forum Index -> Recycle Bin
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MaxMunro

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 10:54 pm    Post subject: Re: How download 9.79 BETA to blackberry 8310 v4.2.2.181 Reply with quote

kruch wrote:
MaxMunro wrote:
@kruch: Brilliant App - I love it and it has already saved my life on a Scottish hill ! Thank you.

Dumb question - can anyone point me to How to download the latest BETA onto my blackberry. I installed the last full version OTA, but not sure what to do with jad and jar for BETA. Thanks

Pleasure to hear it Wink
Here's a link to today's build (still not final! - I hope I did not screw it up too much) for OTA: http://www.trekbuddy.net/releases/0.9.79/trekbuddy_bb_v42.jad

Thanks Kruch. Apart from the issue i put in the previous post, i can confirm this all works fine on the 8310... Track switches nicely between adjacent Atlas maps, and also between 'zoomed' Atlas layers. Can even switch line format while tracking. Is the ability to upload a previous track a future plan not current ability?

8310 users: to switch line format, go into the settings as indicated in the previous post; scroll to the bottom; then hold down Alt to scroll for colour; then Alt # to let you Alt scroll for line thickness.
Cactus

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kruch wrote:
Key lock/unlock takes places just when the beep (or music??) can be heard, but the confirmation dialog appears when you release the key (this is a workaround for S60, where the dialog often hanged forever).
Ah - makes sense, of course. I should have realised it wasn't a bug Rolling Eyes

Just got back from 2,300 miles driving (plus some walking) from the south of England around west Scotland and the Outer Hebrides. The (literally) days of downloading and map making (thanks, Olegich!) were worthwhile. The car navigation simplified journeys (thanks, tchelo_mgf!) and trail lines made backtracking easy (thanks, Kruch!). No more "Where are we?" moments and "Will we be able to turn round at the end of this dead-end track?" was easily answered every time Smile All in all, a great application.

Now what's been happening while I've been away? Wink

Zibyx

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all,

Just tested this latest version yesterday on a 25km Mountain Bike ride. Path recording was OK during the 3 hours, and file generated was correct. Software works fine during all this time.

It was set on Backlight ON, Keylock ON and using a 32M tarred map generated via Googleak and TBMapper.

Hope that importing a previous track will be added soon because selecting next waypoint while in downhill is not always easy Smile

Good work anyway !

Loonix

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi there Smile

The latest version works very well on my k770i with a RoyalTek 2001
The TARed maps are realy a bliss even if sometimes not easy to manage (maybe i have missed some tools ^^)
I use google street and hybrid maps in 256x256 tiles, 127x127 maps and 4bpp resolution (i may want to tweak that) but it works well.
The only things i have noticed are:
if i loose connection to the GPS device and then 'stop' the navigation on the k770i it gives an error (strange i cant realy reproduce that at home).
Also would it be possible to display a 'key' icon when the keyboard is locked?
As a last an option to open a POI/navpoint file and 'add' them to the corrent ones would be great (example you have a route opened and want to open an additional file with Fuel stations) would be great.

This app is great, great, great! maybe the greatest.
Thank you so much for it! Smile

(This App saved my life once when i fell asleep in the bus. when they kicked me out i had no idea where i was no more busses where driving i had no money for a taxi and no sense of the general direction i had to walk ^^ 4 hours later i was safe at home Smile )
kruch
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smile

The 0.9.79 adds "visible trail" feature; several upcoming versions will focus on bugs and minor things improving usability, like those you mentioned...
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    TrekBuddy Forum Index -> Recycle Bin All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11
Page 11 of 11

Jump to: