• internal / bluetooth / simulator GPS
  • offline raster maps
  • smart GPX / raw NMEA logs
  • waypoints and simple navigation
  • custom views
  • MIDP and Symbian phones
  • Blackberry
  • Android
Visit wiki to see all features, guides and howtos. Project tracker.

Partners:    (Polish/Polski)(Polski) Compass mapy      (Polish/Polski)(Polski) Galileos mapy      (Polish/Polski)(Polski) CartoMedia      (Czech/Èesky)(Èesky) Eaglesoft trasy      (Polish/Polski)(Polski) ExpressMap     

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
kruch
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zapomnel jsi napsat ze mas SXG75 Cool
Nekolik lidi tady ji ma a funguje jim (myslim Smile ), treba vas neco napadne?
kruch
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since I'm leaving for 4 days, I've made 0.9.3d available for you to test it Smile

See initial post. See you. Cool
supik

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kruch wrote:
Since I'm leaving for 4 days, I've made 0.9.3d available for you to test it Smile

See initial post. See you. Cool

thanks and enjoy your weekend! Wink

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kruch,
Could you check new changes in .map support in 093d ?
I see, that some maps wouldn't load now as single map in emu.
So I tried to see whats going on, switching to such map in atlas.
Seems that TB couldn't find tiles (pict attached) and didnt' return to previous layer.

Ranger
hegi

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 6:38 pm    Post subject: SXG75 special issues ... Reply with quote

Hi kruch,

good to see, there's active development on trekbuddy. Other simililar projects seem somewhat "dead" or at lest "hybernating". Laughing

Tried the 0.93c +d releases on my SXG75 and there are still some probs:
1. I cannot load any waypoints (worked up to 0.9.2). Here's the error:
Code:
Failed to parse waypoints org.xmlpull.v1.XmlPullParserException:
Invalid stream or encoding: java.lang.NullPointerException  (position:START_DOCUMENT null@0:0) caused by:
java.lang.NullPointerException

The same waypoint-files (.loc) still work with other apps, so the issse seems to be weith trekbuddy.
2. The font (though not using bold/large features) is to wide on the screen to see the coordinates (I still get e.g. "N00˚16.928 W112˚57." which is not exactly helpful).
3. Is the "SXG75 special test edition" from Nov. 23rd still an issue? Or have the results been taken over into 0.9.3d already?
Thanks a lot!

Hegi.
rvilsker

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 9:11 pm    Post subject: Re: 0.9.3 Reply with quote

[RV] Hi Krunch - i tried the version on Nokia N80 and with all versions it failed - during download the certificat confirmation failed - can you help?

kruch wrote:
Changelog

- new screen for better position detection and navigation
    - azimuth calculation fixed
    - fixed nmea log file creation upon bt reconnection
    - corrected provider status after reconnection (worked for me, guest m)
    - waypoint form lets you enter for decimal digits for more precise waypoint position
    - automatic waypoint name/desc suggestion
    - file sorting in file browser
    - when using "geocaching" format for displayed coordinates, they are always in WGS-84

Update 2006-11-25: 0.9.3c
    - memory utilization improved
    - loading and memory consumption of large tar-packade maps improved
    - fixed a trivial bug in HPS point drawing

Update 2006-12-01: 0.9.3d
    - reduce memory usage for tar-packed maps
    - faster Ozi cal parsing
    - fixed 1-pixel shift in crosshair images
    - other subtle performance tweaks
    - low-speed filter in GPX rewritten
    Note: to release as much resources as possible, right before new map/atlas is loaded, old one is completely released.

-- download link at the bottom --

New screen for better position detection and navigation to close targets

Press '9' to see for yourself (you may want to start tracking first Cool ).
Move joystick left-right to change scale, up-down to change between short- (green points) and long-term (lightblue points) calculated position.
With this screen, you can manage waypoints and backlight as usual using '1' and '3' key.

Important #1: "Pulkovo 1942 XXX" datum renamed to "S-42 XXX" - the long one didn't fit the screen. No automatic coversion provided, update setting manually Smile

Import #2: Pokud nekdo pouzivate map Shocart 1:50000 s kalibraci "Pulkovo 1942 (1)", tak to je podle vsechno varianta pro Rusko, takze si kdyztak nastavte v TB datum "S-42 (Russia)", pozice na mape pak mozna bude sedet o neco lip.

In 0.9.4, let's focus on bugs with waypoint placement, automatic datum detection, and other things...

0.9.3a

0.9.3d
Shorty70

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 6:58 am    Post subject: Fantastic Application... Reply with quote

Hi kruch!

First of all, thank you for this wounderfull Java Midlet! Very Happy
I'm using a SXG75 and was searching for an appropriate app for long time.
(I tested some shareware and freeware and TrekBuddy was, what I'm looking for!)

I've installed the 0.9.2 and after that 0.9.3d version and it works fine (By the way, can you tell me, what the tweak features - optimistic I/O, S60 renderer and cache mean?)

Here are some proposals (maybe for a future version...):

- it would be a cool feature, if trackpoint density in log files would be configurable (by time or distance for instance, as i know it from some magellans or garmins - I use GPS sometimes under bad condition - poor coverage - and the resulting log is not very usefull for distance measuring or level profile if it has to much points Sad )

- I would be pleased if there would be a new feature to "show actual track" and "show all actual waypoints" (maybe switched on/off) because if you use a lot of waypoints as I do, it would be much easier to navigate...

I'm looking forward to your response...

Shorty

Last edited by Shorty70 on Mon Dec 04, 2006 2:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Marek73

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 11:18 am    Post subject: Siemens E71/EL71 Reply with quote

Ahoj Kruch

Just a report that on Siemens E71/EL71 had to be turned off the tweak -> settings -> optimistic I/O otherwise exception will occure.

Thanks
Marek

green

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 7:48 am    Post subject: Nejde na sxg75 Reply with quote

ahoj nejsou mi rozjet mapy na sxg75, máte někdo stím zkušensoti jak to rozjet když to nefiči? Aplikace je super libi se mi že to zobrazuje čas ( to jsem chtěl Smile ), ale nefiči mi ty mapy tak někdo poradtě v pátek jedu možná pryč a chtěl bych to mít funkčí, jo mám mapy na aplikaci GPSKA. Diky
kruch
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 4:51 pm    Post subject: Re: SXG75 special issues ... Reply with quote

hegi wrote:
1. I cannot load any waypoints (worked up to 0.9.2). Here's the error:

Can you send me the .loc file? Or attach to apost here? No change in XML parsing done in 0.9.3 AFAIK, but I have screwed up a lot in the 0.9.3x Crying or Very sad

Edit: are you loading the file from the same location as before?

hegi wrote:
2. The font (though not using bold/large features) is to wide on the screen to see the coordinates (I still get e.g. "N00˚16.928 W112˚57." which is not exactly helpful).

It appears that only custom font may help on SXG75... how about a temporary workaround - showing N/S & W/E is nice but people usually know it well, so how about omitting it, and having just "0˚16.928 112˚57.334"?

hegi wrote:
3. Is the "SXG75 special test edition" from Nov. 23rd still an issue? Or have the results been taken over into 0.9.3d already?

Ah, history Wink . I guess what has proved itself to be useful has been incorporated into main trunk; is there something missing from that special edition in latest versions?

Last edited by kruch on Tue Dec 05, 2006 7:47 pm; edited 3 times in total
kruch
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

guest wrote:
Kruch,
Could you check new changes in .map support in 093d ?
I see, that some maps wouldn't load now as single map in emu.
So I tried to see whats going on, switching to such map in atlas.
Seems that TB couldn't find tiles (pict attached) and didnt' return to previous layer.

Ranger

Unfortunately I have to confirm this. Although the tests I've done with my own atlas for 0.9.3d passed Crying or Very sad

Will fix asap...

Edit 19:15: problem is in parsing {map name}.set file.

Last edited by kruch on Tue Dec 05, 2006 6:14 pm; edited 2 times in total
kruch
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 4:54 pm    Post subject: Re: 0.9.3 Reply with quote

rvilsker wrote:
[RV] Hi Krunch - i tried the version on Nokia N80 and with all versions it failed - during download the certificat confirmation failed - can you help?

Hi,

TB has been reported to work fine on N80... what do you mean by "during download the certificat..." - what certificat? Thanks.
kruch
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 5:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Fantastic Application... Reply with quote

Shorty70 wrote:
I've installed the 0.9.2 and after that 0.9.3d version and it works fine (By the way, can you tell me, what the tweak features - optimistic I/O, S60 renderer and cache mean?)

I'll elaborate on this more later, these are future opts (and incomplete), so for now
    -optimistic I/O - may improve map/tile loading performance on some devices/emulators; real effect is questionable Smile; on some dvices it has to be turned off (eg. E71 as Marek73 reports)
    - S60 renderer - alternative graphic operation for drawaing map tile is used - I thought it would help on S60 phones, but no, it didn't; may make the map scrolling more smooth/fast or vice versa
    - cache - 0.9.4 feature for SE phones, will be presented later Wink

Here are some proposals (maybe for a future version...):

Shorty70 wrote:
- it would be a cool feature, if trackpoint density in log files would be configurable (by time or distance for instance, as i know it from some magellans or garmins - I use GPS sometimes under bad condition - poor coverage

Hmm, sounds interesting, I'll put this on my task list, and ...

Shorty70 wrote:
- I would be pleased if there would be a new feature to "show actual track" and "show all actual waypoints" (maybe switched on/off) because if you use a lot of waypoints as I do, it would be much easier to navigate...

this is already there Smile
kruch
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have posted 0.9.3e, which fixes (I hope!) "no slice for x-y" and other errors related to parsing text files like calibration files, set listing files etc. See initial post in this topic.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kruch wrote:
... which fixes (I hope!) "no slice for x-y" ...

Repaired Very Happy

Ranger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TrekBuddy Forum Index -> Recycle Bin All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: