• internal / bluetooth / simulator GPS
  • offline raster maps
  • smart GPX / raw NMEA logs
  • waypoints and simple navigation
  • custom views
  • MIDP and Symbian phones
  • Blackberry
  • Android
Visit wiki to see all features, guides and howtos. Project tracker.

Partners:    (Polish/Polski)(Polski) Compass mapy      (Polish/Polski)(Polski) Galileos mapy      (Polish/Polski)(Polski) CartoMedia      (Czech/Èesky)(Èesky) Eaglesoft trasy      (Polish/Polski)(Polski) ExpressMap     

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Automatic upload to PHP script

View previous topic :: View next topic  
batfastad

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 3:50 pm    Post subject: Automatic upload to PHP script Reply with quote

Hi everyone

I'm new to GPS but I was pointed to this software from over at the Esato SonyEricsson forums.
I have an SE P1i and I'm planning to get a Holux M-1200 bluetooth GPS receiver.

Basically what I wanted to do was be recording the whole of my mountainbike routes.
Taking a measurement every 10-20 seconds or so.
Or more frequently if I can get it to work really well! I've not used GPS before so I don't know what sort of battery life / frequency / stability to expect from doing this.

But in addition to recording the full route, I was looking for a way to have my position uploaded into a remote PHP script / MySQL database.
I have an unlimited data bundle with my P1i so I was thinking that every 20-30 minutes, I could get either my current location or whatever data since the last connection, uploaded into that database.

I found a site called GPSED which allows you to upload your routes from your phone to their server and plot it on their Google maps.

But I wanted to be uploading it to my own MySQL database.
I'm planning to cycle from lands end to john o'groats (the length of england & scotland) for the 3rd time and this time wanted to be having my position update automatically onto my websites.

Is there any support for anything like this in TrekBuddy?
Like an XML-RPC interface? Or a way to POST the data to a remote PHP script on a schedule or something like that?
And obviously if it's XML-RPC or POST or something, it doesn't have to be MySQL - it could be any data source Wink

If this feature existed in TrekBuddy, I'd be prepared to write the PHP scripts and MySQL stuff for people to use on their own sites. I'm not amazing at PHP but I'm confident I'd be able to do this without any problems.

Just wondered if that was a planned feature in TrekBuddy or something that other people have done already?

It would be good to have the option to either upload just your current location, or the last batch of readings since the last successful upload.
In addition to recording the whole route onto the phone of course! Wink

Thanks!
kruch
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Online tracking is a planned feature. What scares is the number of diverse protocols I've received so far....
batfastad

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SPAM that's awesome news!!
I'd think something like XML-RPC / POST are pretty standard features.

Then you just need someone to have a PHP or ASP script or whatever to save the results into whatever database the user chooses.

Let me know if I can be of any help on the PHP side - this is a feature I would love to see Laughing
Keep up the great work!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TrekBuddy Forum Index -> General discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: