• internal / bluetooth / simulator GPS
  • offline raster maps
  • smart GPX / raw NMEA logs
  • waypoints and simple navigation
  • custom views
  • MIDP and Symbian phones
  • Blackberry
  • Android
Visit wiki to see all features, guides and howtos. Project tracker.

Partners:    (Polish/Polski)(Polski) Compass mapy      (Polish/Polski)(Polski) Galileos mapy      (Polish/Polski)(Polski) CartoMedia      (Czech/Èesky)(Èesky) Eaglesoft trasy      (Polish/Polski)(Polski) ExpressMap     

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Geo-Tagging

View previous topic :: View next topic  
zz85

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 4:13 am    Post subject: Geo-Tagging Reply with quote

Has anyone have success with the "Photo" feature in record waypoint?

After I change my url to capture:///image ,
I get an error, something like there was some error but image was saved followed by "Unexpected End Of Stream".

I have no idea where the images will be saved to. I also note that tracklog must be enabled if not it seems there will be some errors too.
kruch
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Image is saved in wpts or tracks-gpx folder, in images-<time that matches waypoints gpx timestamp> subfolder and is linked to given waypoint, for further "postprocessing".

I think there's a bug in current version that images are saved under tracks-gpx, while that should be wpts. In 0.9.57 this will be fixed, and tracklog will not have to be enabled...
NokiaTracker

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear kruch,

thank you for your great program, works like a breeze in my Nokia 3110c whereas others have failed to do so.

Is it possible to enhance TrekBuddy so, that the coordinates (and other info regarding GPS) are stored directly in the Exif (Exchangeable Image File Format) info of a snapshot?

For more information on the Exif-Format, see http://www.awaresystems.be/imaging/tiff/tifftags/privateifd/gps.html

or the exif 2.1 specifications (paragraph 2.2.6 on page 62) here: http://www.exif.org/Exif2-1.PDF

This will make a Geotagger's dream come true!!

I will also add an item to the "wishlist" in the wiki.

Thanks!
Ranger

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Geotagging will be directly available in new gps phones, like SE C702, so probably will be present in new Nokias too.
NokiaTracker

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, but this doesn't answer my question.

Just because there are other mobile solutions for navigation and moving maps, doesn't mean there's no need for Trekbuddy.

Same with geotagging. If Trekbuddy is already able to save a snapshot and link it to a waypoint, why not go a step furter and save this information directly in the image.

IF it's possible that is...
kruch
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree that it is a way for current (ie. geotagging incapable) phones. Maybe it would not be too complicated, since TB already works with EXIF header (if you assign a picture to wpt, the "preview" is actually a thumbnail taken from the header - if there is any).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TrekBuddy Forum Index -> General discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: