Bílý vrch
icon TrekBuddy
www.trekbuddy.net
Outdoor companion.
  • internal / bluetooth / simulator GPS
  • offline raster maps
  • smart GPX / raw NMEA logs
  • waypoints and simple navigation
  • custom views
  • MIDP and Symbian phones
  • Blackberry
  • Android
Visit wiki to see all features, guides and howtos. Project tracker.
Trekbuddy is on Github now

Partners:    (Polish/Polski)(Polski) Compass mapy      (Polish/Polski)(Polski) Galileos mapy      (Polish/Polski)(Polski) CartoMedia      (Czech/Èesky)(Èesky) Eaglesoft trasy      (Polish/Polski)(Polski) ExpressMap     

 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
0.9.65
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TrekBuddy Forum Index -> Recycle Bin
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
kruch
Site Admin


Joined: 02 Jul 2006
Posts: 5674

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 11:23 pm    Post subject: 0.9.65 Reply with quote

Minor update...

Changelog
    - Lambert I-IV projections supported
    - new variables in CMS: spd.d,spd.d-avg,spd.d-avg-auto,spd.d-max, sat
    - bluetooth hangup/stall detection and recovery improved
    - settings - new log-only-valid GPX tracklog option
    - settings - capture format selection from list of available formats
    - improved keyboard lock (I hope - hangup reported on 6110)
    - focus should be on active wpt when wpt list is opened
    - new built-in datums (as defined in Ozi): European 1950 (Spain and Portugal), NTF France, S42


0.9.65 download link
Requirements Installation Configuration

WAP

I'm a bit limited on what I can do with this site configuration, and the best I could do for WAP access now was primitive WML page, for OTA installation primarily: http://wap.trekbuddy.net/index.wml (specifying index.wml is important)

Known Issues
    - "wpt reached" sound not played for single wpt or last wpt in route
    - GPX dt/ds setting fields corrupted (W810i)
    - app does not start on Blackberry (8300, 8700)
    - {sat} not updated


Last edited by kruch on Sat Oct 20, 2007 12:16 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
secretogogue



Joined: 05 Sep 2007
Posts: 13

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 11:46 pm    Post subject: expecting alarm feature for next buddy Reply with quote

I'm expecting an alarm sound when approaching a waypoint or destination.. like one of route 66 feature. cool isnt it, dont u think ? Shocked Idea
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
kruch
Site Admin


Joined: 02 Jul 2006
Posts: 5674

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 11:49 pm    Post subject: Re: expecting alarm feature for next buddy Reply with quote

secretogogue wrote:
I'm expecting an alarm sound when approaching a waypoint or destination.. like one of route 66 feature. cool isnt it, dont u think ? Shocked Idea


It does not work for you?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
guest



Joined: 08 Oct 2006
Posts: 5028

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 6:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

About the custum datums:

I created some maps with this online tool
http://www.awokenmind.de/trekbuddy/gm2tb/
and some are about some kilometers wrongly calibrated. For example maps covering a large area (complete Germany).

Perhaps you could build in a funtion to manualy calibrate the map and so bypass the custom datum. Explanation: if gps positioning is started i would like to manualy scroll to the point i know i'm really standing at and then hold down "5" to set my position on the map. Trekbuddy then changes the datum and navigates with new values.


Hope you got what i mean...

In case this helps: i'm using a Nokia 6288 with a Nokia Bluetooth GPS device.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
tomasz111



Joined: 03 Aug 2007
Posts: 13

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 7:23 am    Post subject: Re: expecting alarm feature for next buddy Reply with quote

kruch wrote:
secretogogue wrote:
I'm expecting an alarm sound when approaching a waypoint or destination.. like one of route 66 feature. cool isnt it, dont u think ? Shocked Idea


It does not work for you?


An alarm sound doesn't for me to. I've reported it's absent from version 9.61. The set I use is: SE k800i + Holux M-1000
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
kruch
Site Admin


Joined: 02 Jul 2006
Posts: 5674

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 11:45 am    Post subject: Re: expecting alarm feature for next buddy Reply with quote

tomasz111 wrote:
An alarm sound doesn't for me to. I've reported it's absent from version 9.61. The set I use is: SE k800i + Holux M-1000


Not even phone's "standard" alarm? If wpt.amr playback fails (for whatever reason eg. file not found in sounds folder), standard alarm should be used...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Nibbler



Joined: 12 Jul 2007
Posts: 67

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 1:22 pm    Post subject: Re: 0.9.65 Reply with quote

kruch wrote:
Minor update...

Changelog
    - Lambert I-IV projections supported
    - new variables in CMS: spd.d,spd.d-avg,spd.d-avg-auto,spd.d-max, sat
    - bluetooth hangup/stall detection and recovery improved
    - settings - new log-only-valid GPX tracklog option
    - settings - capture format selection from list of available formats
    - improved keyboard lock (I hope - hangup reported on 6110)
    - focus should be on active wpt when wpt list is opened
    - new built-in datums (as defined in Ozi): European 1950 (Spain and Portugal), NTF France, S42




I disagree with you kruch, you're too modest !! Wink
This is not a minor update, there are quite several new features ... and the bluetooth stall detection and recovery really rocks ! Cool I hope that all the people that also had bluetooth issues will give feedback (x2fer, UziCorp, tom, marmeladburk ...), personally, I'm 120% satisfied with this bluetooth recovery feature ! Very Happy Very Happy

I recommend to all (and especially those who experienced bluetooth freezes) to upgrade to this new release !

kruch wrote:

- focus should be on active wpt when wpt list is opened


In next release could you also do the same for atlas :

- when using [7] and [9] key, set the focus on the active layer / map

- also if the atlas is set as "default map" could you save the active layer / map and reload the right layer / map when restarting TB ?

- and when selecting a new map from atlas could you center it on the position were the crosshairs cursor was in previous map.

[EDIT] : also it seems to me that a few releases ago there was an icon for TB ... in last releases it is displayed no more on my k750.

Thanks again,
Cheers,
Nibbler.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
tomasz111



Joined: 03 Aug 2007
Posts: 13

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 5:42 pm    Post subject: Re: expecting alarm feature for next buddy Reply with quote

kruch wrote:

Not even phone's "standard" alarm? If wpt.amr playback fails (for whatever reason eg. file not found in sounds folder), standard alarm should be used...


Unfortunately, there's no any sound. I haven't changed standard sound.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jvoges



Joined: 26 Aug 2007
Posts: 8

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I absolutly support this recommendation!!!

guest wrote:
About the custum datums:

I created some maps with this online tool
http://www.awokenmind.de/trekbuddy/gm2tb/
and some are about some kilometers wrongly calibrated. For example maps covering a large area (complete Germany).

Perhaps you could build in a funtion to manualy calibrate the map and so bypass the custom datum. Explanation: if gps positioning is started i would like to manualy scroll to the point i know i'm really standing at and then hold down "5" to set my position on the map. Trekbuddy then changes the datum and navigates with new values.


Hope you got what i mean...

In case this helps: i'm using a Nokia 6288 with a Nokia Bluetooth GPS device.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Ranger



Joined: 12 Dec 2006
Posts: 6030

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 5:57 pm    Post subject: Re: expecting alarm feature for next buddy Reply with quote

tomasz111 wrote:
kruch wrote:

Not even phone's "standard" alarm? If wpt.amr playback fails (for whatever reason eg. file not found in sounds folder), standard alarm should be used...


Unfortunately, there's no any sound. I haven't changed standard sound.


You are right or not, depends on case.
If you talk about route points, this is true for final point only. But for all other points in route sounds are played, check volume level.
If you navigate to single wpt, no sound is played indeed.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
kruch
Site Admin


Joined: 02 Jul 2006
Posts: 5674

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm, I will fix it, sound should be played for all wpts reached, right? Anyway, tomasz111 and secretogogue, is this the case, or you cannot hear a sound nor standard alarm even for wpts in the route?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
tomasz111



Joined: 03 Aug 2007
Posts: 13

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 7:57 pm    Post subject: Re: expecting alarm feature for next buddy Reply with quote

Ranger wrote:

You are right or not, depends on case.
If you talk about route points, this is true for final point only. But for all other points in route sounds are played, check volume level.
If you navigate to single wpt, no sound is played indeed.


I mean such situation. I choose gpx track (e.g. 20 waypoints) and I point the last WP. After that I choose option "route along". All of the WP's I pass through in range of 50 m. There is no signal. I usually set volume level on max.

And one more question off-topic. Where I can find the set of all cms variables with description?

Kruch - ones more: the great, very useful application THANKS

Ranger - by the way - your posts are usually very helpful THANKS
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
kruch
Site Admin


Joined: 02 Jul 2006
Posts: 5674

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you start "route along" from last wpt, there is no sound, indeed. That (and also for single wpt navigation) will be fixed in the next release.
So the mystery is solved... ? Cool
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Ranger



Joined: 12 Dec 2006
Posts: 6030

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 9:26 pm    Post subject: Re: expecting alarm feature for next buddy Reply with quote

tomasz111 wrote:


I mean such situation. I choose gpx track (e.g. 20 waypoints) and I point the last WP. After that I choose option "route along". All of the WP's I pass through in range of 50 m. There is no signal. I usually set volume level on max.

And one more question off-topic. Where I can find the set of all cms variables with description?

Kruch - ones more: the great, very useful application THANKS

Ranger - by the way - your posts are usually very helpful THANKS


Thanks a lot Smile
I see where your problem is.
If you choose last wpt in track and route along, you just start navigation to last point, so sound is not present.
But if you would to use trackback, you should choose last track point and "route back" option ...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
tomasz111



Joined: 03 Aug 2007
Posts: 13

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kruch, Ranger
Thanks a lot. Dzięki.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TrekBuddy Forum Index -> Recycle Bin All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group