• internal / bluetooth / simulator GPS
  • offline raster maps
  • smart GPX / raw NMEA logs
  • waypoints and simple navigation
  • custom views
  • MIDP and Symbian phones
  • Blackberry
  • Android
Visit wiki to see all features, guides and howtos. Project tracker.

Partners:    (Polish/Polski)(Polski) Compass mapy      (Polish/Polski)(Polski) Galileos mapy      (Polish/Polski)(Polski) CartoMedia      (Czech/Èesky)(Èesky) Eaglesoft trasy      (Polish/Polski)(Polski) ExpressMap     

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
TrekBuddy on Android 5.1.1

View previous topic :: View next topic  
flogae

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:52 am    Post subject: TrekBuddy on Android 5.1.1 Reply with quote

Hi everybody,
is my SAMSUNG SM-P605 Tablet running Android 5.1.1 compatible with TrekBuddy?
I recently installed it, installation was fine, but when I opened TB, it didnt feel quit right:

I was shown a world map at first (I realize I need to buy or create my own maps). When I tried pushing some buttons, TB first dimmed the light, I never found out how to bring that back. I poked around a little more, entered the compass mode, couldnt find how to leave it again. Poked around some more, ended up at a screen saying "no profile(s) found", unable to get anywhere else. When I finally pressed "Exit" from the Hardware Menu, confirmed "yes", it crashed the whole system, no hardware Home button, no hardware back button worked anymore, no acces to Task manager to shut the app, just the frozen screen. Had to manually shut the whole Tablet down and restart.

So here goes my question: before I buy any TB maps and spend money for technologoy that doesn't work on my device - are there any known issues with Android 5.1.1, or with my Tablet?

Any help appreciated!
boowoo

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
TrekBuddy is a very powerful GPS app (free) but need minimum knowledge to run correctly ... It's not an app like "get all with magic one clic". Wink
For starting, i think that you need to read carefully the FAQ and WIKI to see all features, guides and howtos.
Also, there is many topics in this forum that should help you a lot ...
After that, we could help you if needed of course ... no problem. Smile
Regards,
boowoo
flogae

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, thanks for the advice, bowoo!

The backlight feature is definitely buggy on my device - if I turn it off it never comes back on, even when I push the appropriate button. I get a message saying "backlight on" but it never comes on.

The exit program is also buggy since the program just freezes as stated above. I can reproduce that error. But I found out I can exit the app by using the hardware back button. Then if i terminate it using the application manager and start it again, the light is back on.

So I can live with those two bugs because there are workarounds. Nevertheless a bug is a bug and I will report them in the bug section.

I have meanwhile downloaded a map and started to learn some of the handling and all else seems to work so far, so that's good.

The reason why I am so careful is that I once spent money to buy maps for Oruxmaps, then never got that up and running on the tablet.
boowoo

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 5:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think there is no problem with backlight ... The backlight icon have two functions (short press = backlight on/off and long press = backlight 10-25-50-100% by steps).

The world map (in-built) is just for starting with the app. You need to make your own maps or atlas with MOBAC (see various topics about MOBAC) and it's completely free. Wink

I've never eared any problem with the "Exit" command in app but it's true that you can also use hardware button.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TrekBuddy Forum Index -> General discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: