• internal / bluetooth / simulator GPS
  • offline raster maps
  • smart GPX / raw NMEA logs
  • waypoints and simple navigation
  • custom views
  • MIDP and Symbian phones
  • Blackberry
  • Android
Visit wiki to see all features, guides and howtos. Project tracker.

Partners:    (Polish/Polski)(Polski) Compass mapy      (Polish/Polski)(Polski) Galileos mapy      (Polish/Polski)(Polski) CartoMedia      (Czech/Èesky)(Èesky) Eaglesoft trasy      (Polish/Polski)(Polski) ExpressMap     

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
installing TB with expired certificate
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
kruch
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I spent some time testing this, and I must admit audio playback is quite unreliable. Sad

Quite often the player is just stopped/interrupted by the system, even after a few hundreds of milliseconds. When this happens (when sound is not played till the end), TB has problems to close active BT connection - I've found design defect (which I've fixed for 1.27) that may be causing it sometimes takes ages to stop tracking with BT GPS.

For the player being interrupted by the system, I have added something that might help. Will do some more testing and roll out 1.27.
Don Atorre

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi kruch,

i tested the 1.27 on another 5800XM. And? It worked!
i tested it again on my 5800XM? And it works!

Well there are still some little sound problems. But they seem to occur in correlation to the speed i'm approaching to the selected waypoint. When i walk, the sound is mostly complete. When i drive (car or bike) the sound doesn't play to the end. I use a siren tone, with 3 repeats. All in all it's around one second. Approaching by bike or car, it breaks after 1 repeat or about a third of a second. But this is better than the build in beep.

Until now i didn't find any other bug, the 1.27 works fine. Except this little problem you described: TB has problems to close active BT connection. This little bug is not new. But i think we can live with it. A little bit more attention in these critical situations and everything is okay!

But do you know what mistake i made? As described, i uninstalled my old 1.24 version with 090 service before the update and reinstalled the 1.27 and 091 service. Result no sound at all (except build in beep). So we tested and tested. But the solution is so damn easy: i didn't start the service after installing it. I simply forgot it because i usually updated without uninstalling the old versions first.

So never forget:
1. uninstall old version of trekbuddy and (if changed) the service as well.
2. Restart the service

So, sorry for stealing your time.
You're doing a great job.

Big, big thanks to you.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks kruch for the 1.27 version with expired certificated. I managed to install it on both Nokia E6 and E55.
leo2k

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,

after years of absence I found my old Sony Ericsson C905 again. On this device I had installed trekbuddy 0.9.99
Since the phone is still working well, I thought I could use it as mapping device on my new bike. I tried to update to the latest trekbuddy version and then everything was broken Sad
It seems my C905 doesn't allow the application to write user data when there is no certificate.
I tried version 1.0.17/18 1.2.5 and 1.2.6 without any luck. Luckily I had the old jad/jar 0.9.99 still on my phone. But the install failed because the certificate is expired. Searching for a solution led me here. The trick with setting the date back worked. I have my old trekbuddy 0.9.99 working again.
But still I'd like to have a current version - if possible. I saw @kruch made a special current version with the old certificate for symbian. Would this be possible for sony ericsson, too?

Best regards,
leo
Ranger

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just look at 1.27 download section, it is available too Smile
leo2k

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haha, funny, this release was just a few hours ago Very Happy
Thanks, install worked without any problems
Ranger

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, but indeed was when you posted Very Happy
Nice to hear is done.
haddock

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kruch wrote:
Anyway, on Nokias, TB can be installed as unsigned, and user data access permissions set to "Ask once".

Sure? Is there really an option for "Ask once" with unsigned files? For a test I installed the 1.28 jar without jad on an older S60 phone and there were only two options for reading user data: "not allowed" and "ask every time" (translated from German).
So every time I start TB I have to accept reading/writing of user data several times (>20 times at startup of TB) and then every time when loading new map tiles (=scrolling) -> not usable.

Is there any difference between installing the unsigned jad+jar or the jar only?

I want to give 1.28 a try on my N8 Belle, but due to the fact that there will be no way back to a signed version of TrekBuddy (now installed: 1.25) on newer Nokias, it is essential to know if it's convenient and practicable for use as an unsigned app.

Ranger

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you sure no back way to 1.2.5 signed ... ? Smile
Installations for versions with expired certs (and date back to 2013) worked in N8 ...
http://www.trekbuddy.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=55670&highlight=nokia#55670
http://www.trekbuddy.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=55911&highlight=nokia#55911
haddock

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 7:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, that doesn't work: http://www.trekbuddy.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=54620#54620 + next posting, but I think I found a solution for newer Nokias (see next post)
haddock

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 7:19 am    Post subject: Installing TB with expired certs on Symbian^3/Anna/Belle Reply with quote

The following procedure is not needed on older Symbian phones (including S60 v5). Only Symbian^3, Anna & Belle!

1. Download expired signed jad + jar to your phone
2. Change date to 2013
3. Turn off online verification of certificate (Settings > Installations > Installation Settings)
4. Switch phone to profile "Offline"
5. Restart + stay offline (phone will ask)
6. Run expired signed jad
7. After installation switch to your desired online profile and change date to actual date.

That worked on my N8 Belle refresh. Now running TB 1.30 signed Very Happy.

Last edited by haddock on Fri Feb 20, 2015 8:56 pm; edited 3 times in total
kruch
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks!

DTBM Very Happy
Ranger

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FTWAI Very Happy
sarenooki

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2014 12:11 pm    Post subject: Nokia E52 (S60 v5) v1.30 Installation problem SOLVED! Reply with quote

kruch wrote:

2. shift year back to 2013
3. install TB and set permissions (Menu->Applications->Application Manager->Installed apps->.. TB -> Settings)
4. set year back to 2014

This works with my Nokia E52 (Symbian S60 v5) also! I couldn't upgrade from v1.16 to 1.30.

Thank you a lot, Kruch, TrekBuddy is the greatest, and all your efforts to support us are remarkable! I wish you all the best.

P.S. Can you move this subject to Known issues folder, please? It's rather hard to find it in General discussion folder.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 11:50 pm    Post subject: expired certificates Reply with quote

Hi, there is now a free CA at cacert.org
Would that work.
TB works great on a Sonim XP5520
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TrekBuddy Forum Index -> Known Issues All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: