• internal / bluetooth / simulator GPS
  • offline raster maps
  • smart GPX / raw NMEA logs
  • waypoints and simple navigation
  • custom views
  • MIDP and Symbian phones
  • Blackberry
  • Android
Visit wiki to see all features, guides and howtos. Project tracker.

Partners:    (Polish/Polski)(Polski) Compass mapy      (Polish/Polski)(Polski) Galileos mapy      (Polish/Polski)(Polski) CartoMedia      (Czech/Èesky)(Èesky) Eaglesoft trasy      (Polish/Polski)(Polski) ExpressMap     

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Blackberry Z10 - BB OS 10.2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Myrra

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2014 10:32 pm    Post subject: Blackberry Z10 - BB OS 10.2 Reply with quote

Hi all,

just want to share some experience loading Trekbuddy on new Blackberry device(s). I tried Z10, but my workphone is Q5, so I might check it either. OS is about version 10.2.X

How to install:

1. go to this link and download DDPB installer: http://crackberry.com/how-sideload-android-apps-playbook-os-v20-use-android-app-player
2. install on your PC Smile
3. download latest TB from download page, Playbook version (remember, it's still Blackberry OS 10 as almost all new BB including Z10)
4. activate Z10 development mode, as described on the first mentioned link
5. run DDPB, connect to your device, add *.bar file, choose install
6. exit DDPB, deactivate development mode on your phone and voila! TB is installed!

...if you afterwards want to deactivate your device password, you have to go to settings/security/device password and set to "0". Otherwise you are forced to enter the code everytime you wake up your phone.

Took me 20 minutes to get all things done.

I have installed and runnning BB link on PC, and didn't experience any problem. So I don't know it this is so smooth using just USB drivers for BB.
(BB link is as awfull as any other sync software (Nokia PC Suite, Samsung Kies, MS Active Sync etc.), but I gave up, life is too short for so many complains)

Pairing wth my old Nokia LD-4W was smooth. There are some delays clicking the screen since TB is running in separate Android runtime. At least virtual keyboard shortcuts work (you can show Z10 keyboard sliding two fingers from bottom, you know? Wink)

And I'm still in process of migrating my usual CMS to 768x1280 Surprised

I will share detailed info what is working/not working after some uses.

Myrra
Myrra

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2014 9:32 pm    Post subject: Second notes Reply with quote

As you might know, Android runtime on Blackberry has some "special features". One is a panel on bottom with "<" back button plus some menu (if available). If you swype from top of the screen, there is an option to hide that menu (to show again, swype from top and select "show").

If you hide it in Trekbuddy, on screen clicking gets MUCH easier. I would say, almost perfect. The problem arise going to settings menu since there is no way how to return without mentioned "back button". Fortunately I don't need it as much so displaying menu and hiding again don't bother me. If there is any workaround, let me (and others) know. Update: I found it! Actually it is written in short help when hiding runtime menu, but I failed to understand Smile All you have to learn is a *small* swype from bottom of the screen to left or right. Try it on "Settings" menu: show TrekBuddy icons using bottom left click, click Settings and from bottom of screen (as usually on BB OS you have to start actually *outside* of the screen) make small gesture to left or right. If you succeeded, message about configuration update would appear and you are back on main screen.

Backlight switch is working (a "3" key on keyboard) but display is pretty dim. I don't recall if this is the way it should work, on all previous phones it behaved differently (no backlight, sometimes yes and sometimes even levels switching).

I also managed to create custom "universal" CMS, starting with my previous customizations. This is only first try, there are limitations as for font size, no time to calculate placeholders precisely etc. But may come handy if you need one. UPDATE: I made a small mistake and accidentally set "nautilcal" metric Surprised Fixed and loaded new file.

Myrra

IMG_20141109_221039.png
 Description:
Day scheme with yellow layout
 Filesize:  19.21 KB
 Viewed:  6796 Time(s)

IMG_20141109_221039.png

IMG_20141109_221042.png
 Description:
Night scheme with green layout
 Filesize:  19.3 KB
 Viewed:  6796 Time(s)

IMG_20141109_221042.png

CMS_BB_Z10_v0.1.zip
 Description:
All in one ZIP file, including fonts. Should be unzipped and put into ui-profiles directory (see your Z10 mapped drive and "/misc/android/TrekBuddy")

Download
 Filename:  CMS_BB_Z10_v0.1.zip
 Filesize:  27.62 KB
 Downloaded:  250 Time(s)

Last edited by Myrra on Tue Nov 11, 2014 9:14 am; edited 1 time in total
Myrra

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 9:03 pm    Post subject: Backlight Reply with quote

Good news: upper right corner works and works flawlessly. As on other TrekBuddy installations you just press and hold to set backlight on specific level - pressing again cycles between them.
Myrra

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2014 10:07 pm    Post subject: Updated theme Reply with quote

For anyone interested in this CMS theme, I will follow up only the original theme thread with updates, which means go here.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TrekBuddy Forum Index -> Devices All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: