• internal / bluetooth / simulator GPS
  • offline raster maps
  • smart GPX / raw NMEA logs
  • waypoints and simple navigation
  • custom views
  • MIDP and Symbian phones
  • Blackberry
  • Android
Visit wiki to see all features, guides and howtos. Project tracker.
Trekbuddy is on Github now

Partners:    (Polish/Polski)(Polski) Compass mapy      (Polish/Polski)(Polski) Galileos mapy      (Polish/Polski)(Polski) CartoMedia      (Czech/Èesky)(Èesky) Eaglesoft trasy      (Polish/Polski)(Polski) ExpressMap     

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Blackberry Playbook Installation
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
rx3451

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 3:53 pm    Post subject: Blackberry Playbook Installation Reply with quote

Has anyone been able to set up the data files in the Blackberry Playbook? I installed the program and it runs except for getting the data file. I have tried for a week now by changing the file locations in Trekbuddy Basic configuration but always get the message "Failed to create sdcard.......: java.io.IOException: Can't create directory /sdcard....... '
The Playbook does not have an SD card slot but in file browser it has a directory named sdcard.
rx3451

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 7:22 pm    Post subject: Blackberry Playbook Installation Reply with quote

Solved the problem on last attempt!
Playbook!
For Windows 7
Download installation files.
Load TB as instructed.
Save the latest TrekBuddy .bar file page as TrekBuddy.bar in a place you can find it. Preferably in the same location as the installation files. Note . . . change the text default to all. Then just follow the instructions and slide the bar file onto the .bat program.
When loading is complete, run the Trekbuddy program and go to settings and basic.
I put in
file:///sdcard/TBdata
Run your finger from the top ans hit "OK"
Then run finger down again and hit "save"
shut down Trekbuddy and start it again.
Program will ask if it should create the file system!
Select yes and you should be good to go.
From what I gather, the sdcard is the mis folder.
Hope this helps somebody.
kruch
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

By default TB attempts to create its directory structure in file:///sdcard/TrekBuddy, so I don;t understand why file:///sdcard/TBdata makes any difference...
janulrich79

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 11:19 am    Post subject: Fails to load atlas Reply with quote

Hi,

Trekbuddy on my playbook fails to load any atlas. It's getting unexpectedly closed. The same atlas works fine on by BB8520. Any hints what might be wrong? Where can I look for logs?

Thanks
Jan
kruch
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I only know how to get the android runtime log (where the error is logged) with tools from Android SDK Sad

I'll be testing TB in Playbook simulator this weekend, but I cannot tell how "real" is the simulator behaviour compared to a real device.
janulrich79

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Kruch,

As far as I know trekbuddy is the only offline navigation for playbook. Do your best PLEASE! We really need it! Smile

Right now TB fails with 'wrong offset ' message or just closes.
My atlases are generated with MOBAC.

Anyway, a week ago I was able to open one of these atlases. It worked!
This issue might be connected to PB data storage/file rights etc...?

Thanks
Jan
kruch
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you have a map that TB fails to load on PB and you could upload it somewhere, I'd love to try it. Maps I tested in PB simulator loads fine...
janulrich79

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simple topo map that fails can be downloaded there:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/33860169/laragh.tar

It fails on my playbook with message [6]: p: invalid offset: ...
Or I can see the message that trekbuddy will unexpectedly close.
This map works fine on my BB8520.
The same story applies to all my maps and atlases.

Since I suspect the problem might be connected with disc access rights I'm not sure if it is reproducible on the emulator.
rx3451

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 8:33 pm    Post subject: Playbook install Reply with quote

My first install of TB, I followed a sample for BlackBerry and made a directory of DataDir but was not sure of the sdcard since there is no slot for a SD in the playbook.
I ran the program and it asked to create a file i declined and set the basic to (bottom line) to the directory I created. I did not change the top line to the address and that was the problem. By allowing the program to set up the directory, it worked. For some time I had Maps in one directory and GPX in another.
It all works and I am in the process of learning the functions like routing and waypoints.

The program is awesome!
GREAT WORK THANKS
I use Mobile Atlas Creator for maps and all works well!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 9:59 pm    Post subject: Playbook .bar file Reply with quote

I am currently looking for the .bar file for trekBuddy to load onto my Playbook running OS 2. I have found several zip files but none of them contain the .bar file. Any help in getting the .bar file would be greatly appreciated.

I am new to the forum. My name is Joe and am awaiting moderator approval. My user name will be Joe998.
kruch
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see have to fix the mime type for bar. In the meantime, you can rename the downloaded zip to bar.
kruch
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So what is the "correct" folder for application folders and files? I'd like to fix it in the next version.

In the simulator (what a crap!), /sdcard is a symlink to /accounts/1000/shared/misc/android
rx3451

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 1:34 pm    Post subject: File location Reply with quote

There is nothing wrong with where the default file location is (I don't think). What I found so far is that I was so exited about having this program that I used all information I could get to install it. The problem is that some information is for more advanced people than me.
Here is where the program puts the directories;
In settings :
Start up map:
file:///sdcard/DataDir/maps/
at end add file you want

The data directory shows up
file:///sdcard/DataDir/

The file system shows up in air browser program:
mis/android/DataDir

I will be setting up TrekBuddy for friend and will see where the program goes on new virgin unit and let you know. It looks to me that all that is needed is instructions for nubes like me. This is an awesome program for the playbook!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="kruch"]So what is the "correct" folder for application folders and files? I'd like to fix it in the next version.

In the simulator (what a crap!), [color=darkred]/sdcard[/color] is a symlink to [color=darkred]/accounts/1000/shared/misc/android[/color][/quote]

iirc, the android player maps your app sdcard/ folder to playbook filesystem /accounts/1000/shared/misc/android/ (or misc/android if you're navigating via a file browser in a real device)

Btw, did you submit your app to appworld to get a device for free?
Wolf

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 5:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone shows me how to install trekbuddy for my playbook? Thank you
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TrekBuddy Forum Index -> English All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: