• internal / bluetooth / simulator GPS
  • offline raster maps
  • smart GPX / raw NMEA logs
  • waypoints and simple navigation
  • custom views
  • MIDP and Symbian phones
  • Blackberry
  • Android
Visit wiki to see all features, guides and howtos. Project tracker.
Trekbuddy is on Github now

Partners:    (Polish/Polski)(Polski) Compass mapy      (Polish/Polski)(Polski) Galileos mapy      (Polish/Polski)(Polski) CartoMedia      (Czech/Èesky)(Èesky) Eaglesoft trasy      (Polish/Polski)(Polski) ExpressMap     

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Port Code to Blackberry Playbook?

View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 2:56 pm    Post subject: Port Code to Blackberry Playbook? Reply with quote

Would like to request your consideration to port your existing code to the Blackberry Playbook.
1. There is NO off-line map app currently available for the Playbook!
2. Because it is a WiFi only device, (no radio) there will NOT be any over-the-air map app.
3. RIM has sold over 500,000 units to date.
4. If you would do this, I would suggest a BAR file for side loading, as I do not think you can get easy approval through App World.
Also, you might consider charging a fee for this 'special' Playbook app.
But please DO let us know one way, or the other whether you are interested or not.
Thank you very much for your consideration of this matter.
Sincerely,
Bruce
kruch
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://press.rim.com/release.jsp?id=4935

What is the status of the "players" for BB Java and Android apps? Are they available yet?

Porting would take months, that is the biggest con. On the other hand I'm tempted to have TB for iOS and WebOS too. I need to research porting options.
After an hour or so I spent on it, Adobe AIR seems interesting and closest to my likings...

But, I'm really counting on the support for existing java and android apps with those app "players".

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:25 pm    Post subject: Playbook app Players Reply with quote

It is my understanding that the Android player will be completed by RIM near the end of summer.

No date or time on the java player ... it is 'to follow' .......
filanto

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 2:02 am    Post subject: Player in Playbook works with some apps but not on all Reply with quote

I use Droid apps frequently. I love that I now have a Kindle app and different games.
kruch
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried the conversion tool for Android apps. Could only test it Playbook simulator - which is crap compared to normal BB phones simulators - without live positioning source.

http://www.trekbuddy.net/dev/2011-12-28/trekbuddy.bar

tb_pb_wpt_s.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  97.24 KB
 Viewed:  9038 Time(s)

tb_pb_wpt_s.jpg

tb_pb_settings_s.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  27.6 KB
 Viewed:  9038 Time(s)

tb_pb_settings_s.jpg

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="kruch"]I tried the conversion tool for Android apps. Could only test it Playbook simulator - which is crap compared to normal BB phones simulators - without live positioning source.

http://www.trekbuddy.net/dev/2011-12-28/trekbuddy.bar[/quote]

It won't install :(
I found a .BAR file of your 1.0.20 version but the hosting website is deemed infected by my anti virus.
I will keep trying, I really love Trekbuddy and I want it on my Playbook.
Thank you for your effort.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 1:40 am    Post subject: Working BAR file for Playbook Reply with quote

[quote="guest"][quote="kruch"]I tried the conversion tool for Android apps. Could only test it Playbook simulator - which is crap compared to normal BB phones simulators - without live positioning source.

http://www.trekbuddy.net/dev/2011-12-28/trekbuddy.bar[/quote]

It won't install :(
I found a .BAR file of your 1.0.20 version but the hosting website is deemed infected by my anti virus.
I will keep trying, I really love Trekbuddy and I want it on my Playbook.
Thank you for your effort.[/quote]

Took the risk and downloaded the BAR file from that dubious website and successfully installed on my Playbook. Maps upload easily and GPS works like charm. It's so nice to see Trekbuddy on a bigger screen. I will test it more but so far I'm happy with what I'm seeing.
Once again thank you for all your great work.

PS I don't know your site policies but I will try to attach here the working BAR file for your review
kruch
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 9:03 am    Post subject: Re: Working BAR file for Playbook Reply with quote

guest wrote:
PS I don't know your site policies but I will try to attach here the working BAR file for your review

No problem with that.

I'm really stupid - I did not do the signing step, because simultor does not require it Embarassed That is why I think you could not install it.

Thank you a lot for the report!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TrekBuddy Forum Index -> WishList All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: