• internal / bluetooth / simulator GPS
  • offline raster maps
  • smart GPX / raw NMEA logs
  • waypoints and simple navigation
  • custom views
  • MIDP and Symbian phones
  • Blackberry
  • Android
Visit wiki to see all features, guides and howtos. Project tracker.
Trekbuddy is on Github now

Partners:    (Polish/Polski)(Polski) Compass mapy      (Polish/Polski)(Polski) Galileos mapy      (Polish/Polski)(Polski) CartoMedia      (Czech/Èesky)(Èesky) Eaglesoft trasy      (Polish/Polski)(Polski) ExpressMap     

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
caesar1987

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kurch that tchscrn_handle.png look good, but waypoints are missing Smile
kruch
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

caesar1987 wrote:
kurch that tchscrn_handle.png look good, but waypoints are missing Smile

No, top-left corner us before (I was just lazy to draw it).
billy06

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

for nokia 5800 5230 im not sure if there would be enough finger space for 5 buttons why not have zoom at the top so 3 at top and 3 at bottom , im all for the overlay will it be able to be turned off in settings? EDIT after doing some testing 5 buttons should be fine provided the touch areas are spaced and not butted
JNT

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 3:24 pm    Post subject: HECL-variables and functions for CMS Reply with quote

Any chance of fixing (and adding?) HECL variables for CMS in the next version? Even though the lakes are still frozen, sailing season is approaching ... Smile
Guanajuato

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kruch wrote:
I'm thinking of moving atlas control spots (for layers/z+ and maps/z-) to the very bottom (see drawing), and also showing very unobtrusive transparent icons over these areas (and also for 0 area and keylock).

Opinions?

Sounds a great idea to me!
Maybe you could extend it to an transparent overlay of all the controls that appears for a second or two when you touch the screen? But that would have to be optional, because i can see some people finding it very irritating.
michal7

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good idea. Switching of 0 key functionality indicated on screen could be also used for switching of functionality of other keys, e.g. for zooming.
kruch
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe later, some devices really do not have wide enough displays for 5 finger spots in one row.
But visual hints are still in the game.
michaelboruta

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kruch wrote:
Maybe later, some devices really do not have wide enough displays for 5 finger spots in one row.
But visual hints are still in the game.

+1 for visual hints, I really miss them
-1 for five buttons. I like the layout as it is, I wouldn't change it at all
poutanen

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crap! Was using 1.0.7 on my Nokia E71 with no issues. Went to upgrade to 1.0.10 and the install failed, and took 1.0.7 out in the process!

- In Nokias app manager, it does not show any versions installed anymore.

- Clicking on the *.jad file for Symbian S60 brings up the usual dialog, Trekbuddy 1.0.7 installed, do you want to overwrite with 1.0.10? Clicked yes...

- Asks where I want to install it, trying either SD card or phone memory gives me about a 1-2 second pause, and then "Unable to install"

I removed all trekbuddy directories from the SD card and the phone...

Thanks in advance...

Trekbuddy on a Nokia E71 - Tracklogging for snowboarding
byatis

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think TB is maturing really nicely. Really pleased with function and performance of v1.0.10.

Personal opinion, but I find the active areas on touchscreen are perfectly adequate - when using TB out in the field I (already) occasionally hit the wrong control spots... just wonder what it'll be like with more control spots. Either way, could the transparent icons be optional through a Desktop setting?

Keep up the good work!

poutnikl

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

poutanen wrote:
Crap! Was using 1.0.7 on my Nokia E71 with no issues. Went to upgrade to 1.0.10 and the install failed, and took 1.0.7 out in the process!- .................

Before crap claiming one should thoroughly research what exactly is a crap.

I was running on my Nokia E52 all TB version since 0.9.99 tol 1.0.10 ( well, all updates that seemed worthy tyo update ).
I had no problems in installing newer version over the old one.
So, possibly any strangeness in your device or java virtual machine config ?

poutanen

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

poutnikl wrote:
poutanen wrote:
Crap! Was using 1.0.7 on my Nokia E71 with no issues. Went to upgrade to 1.0.10 and the install failed, and took 1.0.7 out in the process!- .................

Before crap claiming one should thoroughly research what exactly is a crap. ***snip *** So, possibly any strangeness in your device or java virtual machine config ?

Taken out of context... lol Crap here means the same thing as "darn", "oops", "oh no"... I was basically saying I've screwed up, or my phone's wigged out.

I'm trying to install by browsing to the download page on the built in nokia browser, and clicking on the *.jad file. I'll try using the nokia ovi suite at home tonight to download the jad and jar files to the device before installing...

I'm sure the issue is on my end, not the Trekbuddy end, was just wondering if anybody had any ideas! Smile I think TB is far from crap!!! It allows me to tracklog and upload to connect.garmin.com all my snowboarding, cross country skiing, etc... If it wasn't for trekbuddy I'd be buying a GPS watch and that's $100+ that I'd rather keep in my pocket!

Cheers,
Aaron

poutanen

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just saved JAD and JAR to phone and attempted install with same warnings as above. I'll have to try fixing the phone tonight at home. Tried a phone reboot and that did nothing. Might have to reimage the phone to be able to install this again?!? Sad

poutnikl

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 5:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

poutanen wrote:
Taken out of context... lol Crap here means the same thing as "darn", "oops", "oh no"... I was basically saying I've screwed up, or my phone's wigged out.

It is funny, I was under false impression you are very angry with TB, ending its usage. Smile
I usually update TB by PC downloading JAD/JAR files and storing them in install folder on phone card. then opening app instalation routine, which opens that folder and installing jad.

Nokia suggests in OVI suite reinstalling of current firmware ( I guess as last resort ) if it make troubles. Note that if done so for FW update reasons, it keeps settings.

poutanen

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fixed my problem. Was a bad install registry file on my phone (c:\system\install\registry\10157067.reg)

I renamed it with a *.bak extension and then things went smooth.

TB 1.0.10 is working well, I've noticed it's recording the GPX tracklog with more points now. I set it to once every 3 seconds and it's actually doing that. I set TB 1.0.7 to record a point every second and it was recording around one per minute instead... not sure how often the location API supplies info to TB but I'd like to record the data as often as possible to get accurate records of my travels (I'm using it for snowboarding primarily, and I'd love to see my carves and jumps and speed differences with a little more resolution.

Thanks for all the hard work on this great app Kruch!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TrekBuddy Forum Index -> Recycle Bin All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: