• internal / bluetooth / simulator GPS
  • offline raster maps
  • smart GPX / raw NMEA logs
  • waypoints and simple navigation
  • custom views
  • MIDP and Symbian phones
  • Blackberry
  • Android
Visit wiki to see all features, guides and howtos. Project tracker.

Partners:    (Polish/Polski)(Polski) Compass mapy      (Polish/Polski)(Polski) Galileos mapy      (Polish/Polski)(Polski) CartoMedia      (Czech/Èesky)(Èesky) Eaglesoft trasy      (Polish/Polski)(Polski) ExpressMap     

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    TrekBuddy Forum Index -> Recycle Bin
View previous topic :: View next topic  
caesar1987

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EN: kruch why you dont give all this things in (another?) menu on touch screen devices?

SK: kruch, preco nedas vsetky tieto veci do menu na dotykovych displejoch? napriklad jedno menu by bolo take ake je a dalsie by sa aktivovalo napr stlacenim * a tam by bolo podsvietenie,body, ....

billy06

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2ND that http://www.trekbuddy.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5611
kruch
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe simple gestures would let us utilize the screen better, one start spot could be used for more actions...

gesturesx.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  7 KB
 Viewed:  12108 Time(s)

gesturesx.png

billy06

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

any change to make touch screen easyer to use would be a great help the long/ short press are great for experianced users but hard to learn for new users (also due to the different sizes of gpx files a long press varies in time ) i do not quite understand what you mean by the above post any further info would help
kruch
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried to sketch two simple gestures above: now, to change screen or show the main menu, you tap in one of the bottom corner. The arrows in my drawing mean you would ... do not know the correct term ... drag(?) the screen to left to change to next screen, or drag up to show the main menu.
So for one corner, there could be 3 actions (long press, simple vertical and horizontal gesture), now there are just 2 (short and long press).

IMHO long press is OK (I use Android/G1 and Vivaz/S605th for testing), maybe it just needs less sensitivity to filter out fingers shaking...
Ranger

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interface, especially for touchscreen phones should be more GUI oriented, like main menu is now.
In such case it is not difficult to change fields meaning. It can be implemented as text buttons or icons, to be easier to learn. Other items are still necessary for some objects, but directing user to functions by self explaining view can help. Multifunction keys are not easy for user (if not explained), but sometimes there is no choice.
kruch
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do not plan to get rid of menu(s), just looking for a way to let users do most common actions by single finger move.
I think, or thought, that gestures could be something users are used to, my main phone has classic keyboard, so I may be wrong. Smile
Ranger

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I understand your point Smile
But when I look ie at new dedicated receivers, GUI is popular even for keyboard toys Wink
djarr

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 4:18 pm    Post subject: samsung s7220 Reply with quote

Kruch, You are right, now its ok. I could divine. On previous updates this problem was not - there was ride same settings .
Sorry for my english and this problem.
Thanks for Your work
billy06

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ranger
Quote:
Interface, especially for touchscreen phones should be more GUI oriented, like main menu is now.
i agree
starman316

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

starman316 wrote:
Thanks Kruch. Always looking forward to your releases.

I used the same .gpx last week and it loaded fine, i have tried a task killer to free memory but still having no luck!

I cant remember if i updated from 1.0.7 from the market place, I will later reinstall 1.0.7 and see if this error comes up again

i have added an attachment, containing .gpx that now wont load, also software info of my htc desire, and the error message that tb produces on loading .gpx

thanks again kruch

29/01/11
an update, i installed 1.0.9 and it loaded the gpx file i enclosed on an earlier post fine, after closing tb and reloading a few times, it now will not load the same gpx at all hmmmmmmmm back to the same stack overflow error Sad

IBlue 737GPS
OS Maps, Sat Maps
kruch
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will be working on wpts in 1.0.10
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    TrekBuddy Forum Index -> Recycle Bin All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: