• internal / bluetooth / simulator GPS
  • offline raster maps
  • smart GPX / raw NMEA logs
  • waypoints and simple navigation
  • custom views
  • MIDP and Symbian phones
  • Blackberry
  • Android
Visit wiki to see all features, guides and howtos. Project tracker.

Partners:    (Polish/Polski)(Polski) Compass mapy      (Polish/Polski)(Polski) Galileos mapy      (Polish/Polski)(Polski) CartoMedia      (Czech/Èesky)(Èesky) Eaglesoft trasy      (Polish/Polski)(Polski) ExpressMap     

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    TrekBuddy Forum Index -> Recycle Bin
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kruch
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 8:53 pm    Post subject: 1.0.8 Reply with quote

Changelog
    - fixed wpt-eta estimation
    - backlight control fallback implemented in symbian version - it probably cannot prevent screensaver, but it can prevent screen light timeout, so on some configuration, TB can work ok without TBService; I use such deployment on Vivaz (S60 5th) now... symbian version fixed 01/20/2011
    - Nokia-specific JAD attributes are only in symbian version, because they are relevant to S60 anyway

1.0.8 download page

Requirements Installation Configuration Customization Localization

Last edited by kruch on Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:36 pm; edited 3 times in total
noordfiets

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TNX

Tried on nokia 5230, no tbservice, no SIM, s60v5:

- Main program ok, feels like moving through map is faster.
- first 3-press: 'service not accesible, java.io.eXception: SymbianOS error= -34 ( because of no SIM?)
- ignoring error screen goes to lowest intensity
- screen stays lit, so did bypass the timeout.
- second press: screen dark but locked in TB so pressing 3 does not bring display back up, need the press-flick-standby trick.
kruch
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn it, I knew I forgot something Evil or Very Mad

"-34" error is a kind of warning that TB could not contact TBService. I'll make the message more self-explanatory.

On Nokias, key 3 long press changes brightness level, short press turns keeping backlight on/off. But I forgot that minimum level cannot be 0, because it turns the light off for good Mad
I'll publish fixed version today(night).

Performance of tared maps without TBService may differ greatly among devices, unfortunately. I'm testing on Vivaz, and it is surprisingly good.
noordfiets

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tnx , what a quick response!

Still in transition from 2710 to 5230. So learning the tricks, like the press 3>flick standbyswitch to get out of the dark ( once screen is dark pressing three and flicking standby a couple of times may get you back, but not garanteed).
Performance is remarkable: quick scrolling, almost seamless ( a very slight flicker )

Btw: trekbuddy dir on sd better set to hidden, I'll try and see if I can add it to the wiki. S60 Gallery scans all dir's for compatible images, so all tiles are visible in Gallery and it generates error when setting contact images..

Looking out for the update!
kruch
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Backlight control without TBService fixed, uploaded newer symbian version.

Settings hidden attribute on datadir - good point.
noordfiets

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice fix! Congrats on it.

First lp: screen to lowest brightness, phone goes online shortly to check for network, than the io-error. Maybe because I do not have an active internet connection .. ?
Following lp's step up brightness. From brightest to dimmest turns off bulb, next lp turns on bulb and leaves brightness at dimmest.
At any time when bulb is shown short press toggles bulb ( acts as timeoutcontrol now ), but leaves screen at last selected brightness. Switching to other application turns the original phone brightness on. Switching to TB again turns last set TB brightness on.

Screentimeout bypassed in controlled state, active in phone state ( no bulb ) Excellent, can set to lowest brightness, and turn timeout on by disabling TB control with sp. Or leave timeout off by leaving tb control on.

On small remark: there is no way to tell if you are in the 'control completely off state' or in the 'switch timeout with sp state'. Not a major thing, if sp does not work do a lp instead.

I think this is a very nice behaviour, it is very practical.

Added instructions on hidden dir under configuration in the symbian section. Have a a lot of different zoomlevels and atlasses ( over 11000 tiles in one map) , and that really messed up Symbian. TB handled it perfectly!
pisco

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Installation of 1.0.8 on Nokia N95 just now (so after your message "Backlight control without TBService fixed, uploaded newer symbian version"):
- the first long 3-press gives always the message "SymbianOS error = -34"
- after this message (at each new Trekbuddy starting), long 3-press works well (backlight changes)
- I take time to understand that a short 3-press shows an on/off light icon on the bottom right for the screensaver option on/off!!
kruch
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pisco wrote:
- the first long 3-press gives always the message "SymbianOS error = -34"

Yes, it is (just) a warning that TB could not reach the service. Probably may still scary some users, but there can be various reasons (service really not running, but also denied permission etc), hence I left the detail to be shown, just in case someone needs assistance...
billy06

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

im hoping <cmt> <name> toggle will be back in version 1.0.9
michaelboruta

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 12:08 pm    Post subject: Problem with a GPX editing Reply with quote

I have a problem with editing GPX files. It is not version specific as it is happening since some early 0.9.x versions until now and it is the same on my S40 nokia phone and Android HTC.
When I delete some waypoint from a GPX file, the name of the waypoint stays listed after the deletion and when I accidentaly delete it again, Trekbuddy crashes.
johanw

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 9:32 pm    Post subject: Re: 1.0.8 Reply with quote

Used on Nokia E71 (S60v3) with firmware 500. Removed tb service. I use Largetime as screensaver, but it didn't come up, so it seems the new code prevents at least some screensavers. It kept running for half an hour without dimming the screen.

Nice work, no tb service makes my phone boot much faster.

Oh, btw, it still says (c) 2010.
Beauduc

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 2:56 am    Post subject: Re: Problem with a GPX editing Reply with quote

michaelboruta wrote:
I have a problem with editing GPX files. (...)
When I delete some waypoint from a GPX file, the name of the waypoint stays listed after the deletion and when I accidentaly delete it again, Trekbuddy crashes.

After you have deleded this waypoint you can still see is in the list (another waypoint doesn't appear in the list now, I think it's a little bug). Than you have to go "back" without deleting this waypoint a second time, and if you open the waypoint-gpx-file again the waypoint is deleted and everything is ok now.

Beauduc

SE C702 with TrekBuddy 1.0.0
michaelboruta

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:15 am    Post subject: Re: Problem with a GPX editing Reply with quote

[quote="Beauduc"]
michaelboruta wrote:
I have a problem with editing GPX files. (...)

After you have deleded this waypoint you can still see is in the list (another waypoint doesn't appear in the list now, I think it's a little bug). Than you have to go "back" without deleting this waypoint a second time, and if you open the waypoint-gpx-file again the waypoint is deleted and everything is ok now.

Beauduc

I know I can "refresh" like this, but still its a bug and I suppose it should't be so hard to fix it...
kruch
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agree, will try to fix it in the upcoming version.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 6:34 pm    Post subject: Installation Fault on SE-C702 Reply with quote

Unfortunately, on the C702 install the version 1.0.8 (over 1.0.4) is not possible. Why?
regards
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    TrekBuddy Forum Index -> Recycle Bin All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: