• internal / bluetooth / simulator GPS
  • offline raster maps
  • smart GPX / raw NMEA logs
  • waypoints and simple navigation
  • custom views
  • MIDP and Symbian phones
  • Blackberry
  • Android
Visit wiki to see all features, guides and howtos. Project tracker.
Trekbuddy is on Github now

Partners:    (Polish/Polski)(Polski) Compass mapy      (Polish/Polski)(Polski) Galileos mapy      (Polish/Polski)(Polski) CartoMedia      (Czech/Èesky)(Èesky) Eaglesoft trasy      (Polish/Polski)(Polski) ExpressMap     

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
1.0.2/1.0.3

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    TrekBuddy Forum Index -> Recycle Bin
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kruch
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 7:22 pm    Post subject: 1.0.2/1.0.3 Reply with quote

Changelog
    - [Android] fixed missing altitude correction EDIT: there's a bug - correction is not used in calculations Confused
    - [Android] fixed missing number of satellites
    - fixed missing scale info for large scale maps
    - fixed wpt altitude editing
    - fixed missing altitude on some S40 with internal GPS

1.0.2 download page

EDIT: 2010-12-09 21:30 Update of Android version released as 1.0.3 trekbuddy.apk
    - fixed: altitude correction is now actually used (and can be decimal)
    - fixed bluetooth detection (hopefully better compatibility with 1.6)

Requirements Installation Configuration Customization Localization

Last edited by kruch on Thu Dec 09, 2010 8:38 pm; edited 2 times in total
tomten

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 10:55 pm    Post subject: TrekBuddy 1.0.1/1.0.2 and Sony Ericsson X10 Mini Pro Reply with quote

Hi Kruch

So, I had to abandon my SE P1i due to it getting old, and was glad to see that you made TrekBuddy available on the Android Market, and hence usable on my new Device Sony Ericsson X10 Mini Pro. However, I do not seem to get the built-in location service working properly with TrekBuddy.

As I enter the "Settings" I cannot open the "Location" menu - I do not know if this is intentional with the Android version. When I choose "Start" in TrekBuddy, the red dot changes to blue, however there is no Android GPS symbol indicating that the built-in GPS is activated by the application (as it do for other GPS apps) and the Trekbuddy application never acquire GPS position.

I've checked the following:
- TrekBuddy Technical Info claims that I have support for JSR's 75, 82 and 179
- Android program manager claims that application Trekbuddy will use GPS location services

I've tried searching the forum. Could not find specific posts about this issue for other Android phones and could not find postings other than for X10.

I've tried with both TrekBuddy version 1.0.1 and now 1.0.2. I currently use Android 1.6. I could update to 2.1, but then I can't use the mandatory office application DME, since there is a known bug in it Crying or Very sad

Best regards
/Tomas
kruch
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 9:06 am    Post subject: Re: TrekBuddy 1.0.1/1.0.2 and Sony Ericsson X10 Mini Pro Reply with quote

tomten wrote:
I cannot open the "Location" menu - I do not know if this is intentional

Not at all. I'm testing TB with Android 2.2 only, but I'll flash 1.6 tonight and check this issue.
tomten

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 11:49 am    Post subject: Re: TrekBuddy 1.0.1/1.0.2 and Sony Ericsson X10 Mini Pro Reply with quote

kruch wrote:
Not at all. I'm testing TB with Android 2.2 only, but I'll flash 1.6 tonight and check this issue.

SPAM! Great support. Thank you. I really wish I could install 2.1, but I am stuck with 1.6 for now Mad

Best regards
/Tomas
atricault

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi kruch

Did you fix this item ?
- better GPS fluctuation filter (affects HECL variables such as dist etc)

Thanks a lot for this software
kruch
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not yet. The changelog is fairly exact. Wink
atricault

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kruch wrote:
Not yet. The changelog is fairly exact. Wink

Sure but I hop!!!
kruch
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see. Cool

You know we need fairly stable version at the very beginning of 2011, because of certificate expiration&renewal. That is why I focus on major and usability bugs now...
atricault

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No problem.
I trust you. I'm sure you do the best for every one.
tomten

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 12:40 am    Post subject: Re: TrekBuddy 1.0.1/1.0.2 and Sony Ericsson X10 Mini Pro Reply with quote

Hi Kruch

kruch wrote:

Did you have a look at the issue? I've tried with 1.0.3, but of course it did not solve the issue since "it shouldn't". Would be great to get this neat program working on my phone. So, still I have no access to the "Location" settings and GPS does not start (icons stays blue) when in Start mode. However, the Compass screen is working, so I guess Trekbuddy can access some location services on the phone.

Best regards
/Tomas
kruch
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@tomten Yes, I tried.Worked for me Sad . Can you install apk over USB? I would make a testing build.
What do you see in Info->Technical->Provider Error / and Status after you select Start in TB?

FYI, there are 2 needles (?) on the "compass" screen - yellow showing internal sensor value, red GPS...
tomten

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Kruch

kruch wrote:
@tomten Yes, I tried.Worked for me Sad . Can you install apk over USB? I would make a testing build.
What do you see in Info->Technical->Provider Error / and Status after you select Start in TB?

FYI, there are 2 needles (?) on the "compass" screen - yellow showing internal sensor value, red GPS...

- Yes, I can install apk's via SDCard/USB
- I only have a yellow compass needle, even after Start (and the GPS acquire icon does not pop up)
- ProviderStatus: refresh; stalls=0; restarts=25; syncs=0; mismatches=0; malformations=0; errors=0; pings=0; maxavail=0
- ProviderError: java.net.SocketException: Permission denied (maybe missing INTERNET permission)

I checked in the SE Android settings for program information, and it claims TrekBuddy utilizes these services (which seems ok):
- Network communication - create bluetooth connections
- Your position - acquire position (GPS)
- System tools - prevent the phone from entering wait state
- Storage - change/remove content on SD-card

I've tried running Trekbuddy with both Bluetooth enabled and disabled, to see if the "ProviderError" message is resolved, but alas no.

Best regards
/Tomas
kruch
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@tomten very very weird... please try this version, you will probably get error dialog with some message when you try to open Location menu. Also please check the value of Info->Technical->Provider.

http://www.trekbuddy.net/beta/2010-12-13/trekbuddy.apk

In Android Settings->Security & Location, do you have both Use wireless networks and Enable GPS sats enabled?
tomten

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 12:24 pm    Post subject: I am stupid! Reply with quote

Hi Kruch

Okay! This is really embarrasing, but I now know what I've done. You were on the right track asking about "Provider" and using the debug version you got me on the right track - the "Location menu" complained with error message "Show menu error: java.lang.RuntimeException: itemStateChanged error: java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException". and in the Technical info page I got the Provider=2. Got me to think that it could have to do with that TrekBuddy was trying to use a device "index" which did not "exist".

So, I had to think for a short while, and then I realized that I had copied the complete TrekBuddy folder structure from my P1i memorystick onto my Xperia 10mini SDCard, including the settings.dat file. After I had inspected the file with a text editor I realized that the settings file probably contained the info of even the location device to use, so TrekBuddy was probably trying to use the device that I had installed on my P1i.

I uninstalled TrekBuddy, deleted the settings file, reinstalled, and HOORAY! Very Happy It really worked! Now all is working fine (I hope). I can access the "Location" submenu and TrekBuddy now use the GPS.

So, come to think of it, it was probably not such a good idea to copy the complete folder structure. On the other hand, maybe this can be prevented in future TrekBuddy versions by resetting the "Provider" data if it is out of range, when entering the "Location" menu.

Thank you, Kruch. I am very glad to be able to use this nice program again.

Best regards
/Tomas
kruch
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm very glad the mystery is solved, and that with your report, I can make TB a bit more robust Cool
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    TrekBuddy Forum Index -> Recycle Bin All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: