• internal / bluetooth / simulator GPS
  • offline raster maps
  • smart GPX / raw NMEA logs
  • waypoints and simple navigation
  • custom views
  • MIDP and Symbian phones
  • Blackberry
  • Android
Visit wiki to see all features, guides and howtos. Project tracker.

Partners:    (Polish/Polski)(Polski) Compass mapy      (Polish/Polski)(Polski) Galileos mapy      (Polish/Polski)(Polski) CartoMedia      (Czech/Èesky)(Èesky) Eaglesoft trasy      (Polish/Polski)(Polski) ExpressMap     

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
*TREKKER 320x240 FOR HIKERS*: cum. ascent; course on leg; ++

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MaxMunro

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 11:06 pm    Post subject: *TREKKER 320x240 FOR HIKERS*: cum. ascent; course on leg; ++ Reply with quote

UPDATE: 7 Dec 2010 a few tweaks in hcl and a cms file:
# 1. Removed prior adjustment (for old Blackbbery OS that logged elevation as negative)
# 2. Corrected profile graph to update every 10-minutes, and summary data every hour
*** Please see separate posting under Themes for 480 x 360 version ***
ORIGINAL: _____________________________
This is a theme with special features for hikers, including:
+ Cumulative ascent
+ Trail profile chart (like malesmurf’s but implemented differently); plots a new point every 10 mins for up to 12 hours.
+ An interactive recorder for a leg of a hike (see comment below)
+ A panel with an hourly summary of distance and height travelled
+ A panel that shows what combinations of horizontal speed and ascent pace are consistent with the hike so far – equivalent to Naismith’s rule with which hikers will be familiar.

Feel free to use / test / comment. I may make further changes but cannot reformat to differing screen resolutions. The CMS uses hecl so you’ll need TB version 9.82 or later – probably need version 9.90.
The images below are close approximations (I do not have an emulator…).
A couple of points:
+ Cumulative ascent measures total ascent (including ups that have followed downs). Most of the displays quote the figure calculated after filtering out small changes (10m) up or down. The hourly summary panel also shows figures after filtering changes below 5m, and below 25m.
+ The leg recorder is REALLY useful for descending from a summit in low visibility. The bearing in degrees is from the point you start the recorder to your current location. (For those interested, the hecl code has my own fast algorithm for replicating the arctangent function that is missing in TB implementation; accurate to within +/- 0.3 degrees using the ‘meters East and North’ figures.)
+ The altitude figure is amended from the TB figure: sign reversed (required for Blackberry 8310) and decreased by 40 meters (for where I live). Quite easy to see where to change this in the code (one change to “OKalt”, right at the top of the main procedure).
+ Updates are currently set as follows: cumulative ascents = once a minute; hourly summaries = hourly; Naismith summary = every 10 mins; leg recorder = for each update if switched on.
+ In the zip are also some test-variable panels in case you need them - otherwise delete them.
Huge thanks to kruch, malesmurf and vincent for their direct and indirect help.

Trekker_CMS--panels-v3.jpg
 Description:
Trekker - v3 - panels
 Filesize:  178.19 KB
 Viewed:  23165 Time(s)

Trekker_CMS--panels-v3.jpg

Trekker-v3.zip
 Description:
Trekker - v3 - zipped

Download
 Filename:  Trekker-v3.zip
 Filesize:  31.23 KB
 Downloaded:  1147 Time(s)

Trekker-v3-alt-new-bbery.zip
 Description:
update 7 dec 2010

Download
 Filename:  Trekker-v3-alt-new-bbery.zip
 Filesize:  4.3 KB
 Downloaded:  227 Time(s)

Last edited by MaxMunro on Wed Dec 08, 2010 8:25 pm; edited 2 times in total
duartemelim

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 7:32 pm    Post subject: Hi, nice cms Reply with quote

Hi, nice cms

I try it for a couple of minutes (nokia N79) and works ok...
A summary by km/miles also, would be nice...

(Just a litle, confusion with other cms that i have, at the same folder...
if you can change the name and start with "trekker.." or something, to make files appear/run toghether, if they are with other cms´s... Wink

edited...
I change the file names to start with "cms.trekker..." and now it´s ok for me Wink

Old Buddies: Nokia C7 360x640, SonyEricsson K800i 240x320 + external HoluxSlimGps236 - & Nokia N79
Help 2 be helped - thanks guys for all Very Happy
MaxMunro

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi duartemelim
Glad you like it.... and glad its working for you so far.
If you change the cms filenames, you'll need to do one edit in the hecl code - near the end in the OnKey procedure, since it checks for the right cms name - as you may already have done.
Alas, not enough screen space for miles as will as km, and even though I'm a Brit I must admit I've metricised for hiking!
Cheers.
duartemelim

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 9:15 pm    Post subject: "summary by km" Reply with quote

find one... Smile
Change one file name
cms.3-leg.xml
to cms.trekker3-leg.xml Wink

the "summary by km" that i talk, could be on another screen...
one screen "summary by hour" and other "summary by km"

km 1 "time" ...
km 2 ...
km 3 ...

Old Buddies: Nokia C7 360x640, SonyEricsson K800i 240x320 + external HoluxSlimGps236 - & Nokia N79
Help 2 be helped - thanks guys for all Very Happy
dodozac

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 2:02 pm    Post subject: how change 320x240 into 240x320 Reply with quote

Hi MaxMunro
how i can change the layout for my S.E. W960?
Tks Dodo
jlsdr1

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi !!

I've instaled this CMS in my blackberry 8310. It's nice, good job!!. I use it with my mtb. It's very usefull.

Anyway, I have several questios:

The current altitude is allways negative. Why?

I have been riding for 1,5h but I don't have any information in the graphic of "profile chart progress". I don't undestand why.

I don't undestand neither the "summary by hour" screen. Can you explain what is SUM5, SUM10 and SUM25 for? In this screen I only have information in the total line, but I don't have information in the first hour line. Why?

If you please can explain me how interpretate the SPD, it should be great!!

Thank !!
aFang

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good Job, great themes. Thank so much! Cool Cool Cool
pvanas

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 7:35 pm    Post subject: No altitude profile and negative altitude Reply with quote

Hello, I have the same problem
Any solution?

jlsdr1 wrote:
Hi !!

I've instaled this CMS in my blackberry 8310. It's nice, good job!!. I use it with my mtb. It's very usefull.

I have been riding for 1,5h but I don't have any information in the graphic of "profile chart progress". I don't undestand why.

I don't undestand neither the "summary by hour" screen. Can you explain what is SUM5, SUM10 and SUM25 for? In this screen I only have information in the total line, but I don't have information in the first hour line. Why?

Thank !!
MaxMunro

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 11:44 am    Post subject: Re: how change 320x240 into 240x320 Reply with quote

dodozac wrote:
Hi MaxMunro
how i can change the layout for my S.E. W960?
Tks Dodo

Sorry - it takes quite a bit of time to change format, but if I do a new one for Bold 9700 I will post it here.
MaxMunro

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 11:59 am    Post subject: Re: No altitude profile and negative altitude Reply with quote

pvanas wrote:
Hello, I have the same problem
Any solution?

jlsdr1 wrote:
Hi !!

Thank !!

Thanks jlsdr1. Sorry I am only an occasional viewer of this site...
1. Negative because there used to be a problem with bberies which meant the program had to change the sign of the altitude. If you're not using a bbery with old OS, that's why you get a negative. When I get my repaired bbery back in a week or so Ill put up a new version that corrects this.
2. That probably explains why the chart shows nothing. If you can do hecl coding, just take out the programming line that changes the sign of {alt}.
3A. Sum 5, 10, 25: these are all slight variations on logging the total cumulative ascent made (inlcuding ups and downs along the way). Sum5 includes all up/downs that are more than 5m, Sum10 does the same but uses a 10m filter etc. This was all to try and remove errors from the GPS logging inacurately - however the new bbery OS seems to be much more accurate so these different filters may now be less useful.
3B. In a week or two I'll check the coding. Not sure if this logs every hour or every 10 mins as I had set it for my testing process. Either way, the only reason I can think of for it not showing the hour-by-hour lines is that you may not have had it on for long enough?
4. The SPD screen is to answer the question how fast am i going horizontally and vertically? There is no single answer to that question, and the SPD screen shows the VALID combinations of horiz and vert speeds that match your progress to date.
Hope this helps.
MrTom

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello, I am planning on a hike that will take me from -282 ft to over 14,500 feet( -85m to almost 4500m). It is the Badwater Death Valley to Mt Whitney Hike. Any suggestions on how to modify the HECL coding to show this in the altitude portions of this CMS? It appears that the maximum altitude is coded for 1250-1300 meters. My HECL coding knowledge is limited but I have been able to convert this CMS to Imperial units and correct the negative altitude shown for BlackBerry Phones.
Thanks for any guidance or actual code lines.
MaxMunro

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrTom wrote:
Hello, I am planning on a hike that will take me from -282 ft to over 14,500 feet( -85m to almost 4500m). It is the Badwater Death Valley to Mt Whitney Hike. Any suggestions on how to modify the HECL coding to show this in the altitude portions of this CMS? It appears that the maximum altitude is coded for 1250-1300 meters. My HECL coding knowledge is limited but I have been able to convert this CMS to Imperial units and correct the negative altitude shown for BlackBerry Phones.
Thanks for any guidance or actual code lines.

Hiya. Alt should be OK on all screens except the graphical one. On that one, 0-1300meters just about does the UK/Ben Nevis....
To make the change you want, go to near the end of the file, to the line:

set mm::lheights {50 100 150 200 250 300 350 400 450 500 550 600 650 700 750 800 850 900 950 1000 1050 1100 1150 1200 1250 1300 1350 99999}

Then replace 50, 100 etc with -500, -250, 0, 250, 500, 750, etc MAKING SURE YOU HAVE THE SAME NUMBER OF ENTRIES AS IN THE ORIGINAL CODE. That should then give you, say three blips up if alt falls between 0 and 250, etc. If you want to change the scale indicated on the y axis of the graph, use the file panel-pro as a guide and then make a png as explained elsewhere on this site. Good luck with the CMS and the trip!
MrTom

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The graphical part I anticipated. It was the change in coding.
Your info is much appreciated.
Regards, Tom
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TrekBuddy Forum Index -> Themes All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: