• internal / bluetooth / simulator GPS
  • offline raster maps
  • smart GPX / raw NMEA logs
  • waypoints and simple navigation
  • custom views
  • MIDP and Symbian phones
  • Blackberry
  • Android
Visit wiki to see all features, guides and howtos. Project tracker.

Partners:    (Polish/Polski)(Polski) Compass mapy      (Polish/Polski)(Polski) Galileos mapy      (Polish/Polski)(Polski) CartoMedia      (Czech/Èesky)(Èesky) Eaglesoft trasy      (Polish/Polski)(Polski) ExpressMap     

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

View previous topic :: View next topic  
dohenator

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
I have a problem with program to save a track in a long route ( 3 hours) and i dont touch the phone in all time. I see the mem at start (1048000/400000), 1 hour late (1048000/200000).
I think the memory out, but if i make a photo when save a waypoint or load a long track them change to (1500000/400000), is it posible to select more memory at start?.

SE W715 and TB 0.9.98 (full)

Thanks
Zilina

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 3:19 pm    Post subject: Re: 0.9.98 Reply with quote

larkim wrote:
DerBergschreck wrote:
Hoped the new version will fix my location problem with Nokia 5230 - but it doesn't Sad

How do I delete the preference settings from my previous version so that I get a "fresh" install from the beginning?

My problem is:
After starting TrekBuddy there is no location with built in GPS - the light in the top right corner is always red.

When i click "start" for tracking, I get a "beep" and the light becomes yellow - but there is no location - after minutes and minutes.

When I press the light Trekbuddy asks if I allow it using the net and sending an receiving data. If I chosse "allow ever" or for this session, i get the following error:

Service not accessible.
java.io.IOException:
SymbianOS error = .34:
System error

Perhaps this has something to do with my problem?

Regards from Germany,

Andreas

EDIT: internal GPS works with google maps and when I quit Trekbuddy, the GPS Icon in the top right corner of Nokia 5230s start screen is always on - so there seems be some communication between Trekbuddy and built-in GPS - but the location still doesn't work Sad

I've got a Nokia 5230 (in the last week) and it works perfectly. However, I don't use the internal GPS, I use a bluetooth adaptor.

What is the 5230 set up to use as the "internal" location provide? (Settings > Phone > Application sett. > Positioning > Positioning methods)? Is it using A-GPS and / or internal GPS? A-GPS (as I understand it) needs a data connection, the "internal" GPS is a "proper" GPS. Perhaps try disabling A-GPS if that is selected?

From testing with OviMaps the external bluetooth adaptor is MUCH more sensitive / accurate than the built in GPS, and for about Euro10 its good value for money too - plus, you can leave the bluetooth adaptor in the rain and keep your nice phone in your pocket!!!

HTH!

Matt

A waterproof Bluetooth GPS reciever sounds good.

Which one are you using?
larkim

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure that it is actually waterproof, but as it is a) cheap and b) has no display and only one button I'm not concerned about water damage.

Without advertising the particular ebay seller's product, I have one of these:http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/GLOBALSAT-BLUETOOTH-GPS-RECEIVER-NEW-/320521385630?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_CE_GPS_Accessories_Software_ET&hash=item4aa090369e#ht_500wt_928

(http://tinyurl.com/2dypuop links to the same)

It does what it says it does!

Matt

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 4:43 pm    Post subject: Android out of memory error Reply with quote

Hi Kruch, been testing TB on Milestone Android 2.1, screen size 800x480

1) The following error

[quote][7] null: InvalidMapException
[null]: Failed to load tile: java.lang.OutOfMemoryError:
bitmap size exceeds VM budfget[/quote]

is often being shown repeatedly.

During scrolling via touchscreen.

Most often when using the highest zoom in atlases (map size is 1048575)

Regardless which map tile size is chosen (in trekbuddy atlas creator).

Regardless if Tared or Untared maps.

2) On Touchsreen no "buttons" are being shown - so often one of the "virtual buttons", like key "5" are being hit, causing repositioning to GPS-Pos.... Anything one can do?

Thanks in advance and TB rocks!

--former sxg75-user
kruch
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 5:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Android out of memory error Reply with quote

guest wrote:
1) The following error

Can you check bit depth of the map you are using? If it is more than 16bpp, could you try forcedGc option (Settings->Misc). Or you could try this version, which dithers images with bpp higher than 16bpp: http://www.trekbuddy.net/beta/2010-06-03/trekbuddy.apk. You may still need forcedGc options, but it slows map scrolling down a bit...

guest wrote:
2) On Touchsreen no "buttons" are being shown - so often one of the "virtual buttons", like key "5" are being hit, causing repositioning to GPS-Pos.... Anything one can do?

I'm sorry , not sure what you mean - you would like some visual guidelines on the screen, marking virtual buttons areas?
Rain.Deer

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 7:43 pm    Post subject: Re: hello people, kruch Reply with quote

abra wrote:
after reading around i installed tb on my lg gd880 mini.

i put the jar file on micro sd and then installed to phone's dir apps

1. when i start tb it keeps asking for permission to access users data
(many, many times..) is there a known setting about java security or somthing?

2. after tapping 'yes' many times i load the map (tar), which is located on micro sd root dir if that matters anyhow, but i only get a orange little light on the right top of the screen. (not connected i assume) why is that??

thanx in advance,
stratos

I solved this on my Nokia 6303 classic accordingly:
1.Download thawte-ca.cer from here: http://trekbuddy.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1470
2. Download software able to show hidden folders in phone (OxyCube, Mobil Edit...) and place thawte-ca.cer to folder C:\Hiddenfolder\certificates\user (on Nokia, try to look for something simmilar)
3. restart phone - certificate should install
4. Install TB (on my Nokia was this done using Nokia PC)
5. You will be able to edit settings for TB in phone (allow access to files)
I did this on my Nokia and it worked so it may by simmilar on LG. Good luck

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 9:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Android out of memory error Reply with quote

kruch wrote:
guest wrote:
1) The following error

Can you check bit depth of the map you are using? If it is more than 16bpp, could you try forcedGc option (Settings->Misc). Or you could try this version, which dithers images with bpp higher than 16bpp: http://www.trekbuddy.net/beta/2010-06-03/trekbuddy.apk. You may still need forcedGc options, but it slows map scrolling down a bit...

Tried 16bpp and 4bpp PNG. Will try the ForcedGC option Thanks.

But, respectfully, may tweaking (lowering?) some sort of buffers also help? Don't know if those are customizeable. Also it is strange that the message shows up most often when using the deepest zoom, eg. Googlemaps/16.

guest wrote:

Quote:
I'm sorry , not sure what you mean - you would like some visual guidelines on the screen, marking virtual buttons areas?

Yes. Maybe conside a) showing/activating those buttons on android on user demand and b) maybe move them to screen borders. At least on great screen resolutions like on desire or the droid?
larkim

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 8:48 am    Post subject: Re: Android out of memory error Reply with quote

kruch wrote:
guest wrote:
1) The following error

guest wrote:

I *think* what they are referring to is that on a touchscreen phone it is very easy to accidentally hit an area of the screen which represents a number and that changes the screen. In my case, locking the compass or toggling between the red / blue compass pointers seems to happen more than I'd like.

I think its just a downside of the touchscreen phones. Perhaps a compass or map screen with a grid overlay would be useful? I find I have to guess where to hit the screen to get the desired option!!

Matt
shen

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I found a bug starting with this version (or maybe v97):

Pressing *0 to display or toggle WPT names on the map doesn't survive if an other WPT is selected to navigate to, so I have to press *0 again to see the names.

This was not necessary before. Perhaps this could be fixed together with implementing the new Swap 0 and *0 for toggling WPT Name / Crosshair Transparency feature!? Smile

Many Thanks
Stefan

phoniex

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 2:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Android out of memory error Reply with quote

Quote:

I *think* what they are referring to is that on a touchscreen phone it is very easy to accidentally hit an area of the screen which represents a number and that changes the screen. In my case, locking the compass or toggling between the red / blue compass pointers seems to happen more than I'd like.

I think its just a downside of the touchscreen phones. Perhaps a compass or map screen with a grid overlay would be useful? I find I have to guess where to hit the screen to get the desired option!!

Matt

What could be improved here is to change how "virtual" 5 and * buttons work, meaning that those two behavior is different that other buttons. Those two work on screen press, rest on screen realease, so if i want to drag a map by starting slide on those 2 points it behaves not as i would like.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TrekBuddy Forum Index -> Recycle Bin All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: