• internal / bluetooth / simulator GPS
  • offline raster maps
  • smart GPX / raw NMEA logs
  • waypoints and simple navigation
  • custom views
  • MIDP and Symbian phones
  • Blackberry
  • Android
Visit wiki to see all features, guides and howtos. Project tracker.

Partners:    (Polish/Polski)(Polski) Compass mapy      (Polish/Polski)(Polski) Galileos mapy      (Polish/Polski)(Polski) CartoMedia      (Czech/Èesky)(Èesky) Eaglesoft trasy      (Polish/Polski)(Polski) ExpressMap     

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
GpsPort
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nibbler

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Output is the port on which TB will try to connect to GpsPort.
Inside TB in location settings you have to use the same value of port in the connection URL field.

ie. if Output is 20175 in GpsPort you have to put socket://127.0.0.1:20175 inside the connection URL field of TB.
Also the provider must be set to Stream.

HTH,
Nibbler.
hegi

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Nibbler,

Nibbler wrote:
Here is my little contribution : icons for GpsPort and TrekBuddy shortcuts.

Nice Icons ... but How do I employ them?

I'm so glad that I managed to create a Shortcut in the Programs Menu using my Desktop ... but there's no way to change the icon.

And moreover: Is there a way to launch TB directly in WM 6.1? - I have a Palm Treo Pro and I have to start Java and then launch TB from java. - However, other Java Apps (like Nav4All) start directly from menu, so this must be possibe.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Hegi.
Nibbler

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi hegi,

the easiest way is to install an application to create shortcuts like Shortcut Creator.

You can also create the shortcuts "by hand". A shortcut is just a text file with a .lnk extension which contains the name of the application and the name of the icon. Have a look at this Tutorial.

As for launching TB directly from a shortcut, it is possible if you use esmertec JBed. You must create a shortcut with command line arguments for JBed as follow :

Quote:
Making a direct shortcut to Opera Mini (or any other Java Midlet)

Since Opera Mini is a Java Midlet application, one annoying aspect is that to run Opera Mini, you must first run the Java Midlet, tap on the “Applications” list item, then tap on the “Opera Mini 4 beta” item. Luckily, some industrious users out there have figured out how to create a shortcut that launches Opera Mini (or any other Java app) directly. Assuming you haven’t installed any other Java apps, you need to create a shortcut file (e.g., opera.lnk) pointing to (“\windows\jeodek.exe” -run s1_), or (“\windows\jbed.exe -run s1_”), if using Jbed instead.

The magic portion is the number after the the letter “s” in the shortcut target. This is the list position of the Java Midlet in the Jeodek/Jbed application list. If you install Jeodek/Jbed as a fresh install , and then directly install Opera Mini, just use the number “0″ to refer to Opera Mini (“\windows\jbed.exe -run s0_”). If you install another MIDlet (after Opera Mini), its index will become 1, then the next installed Midlet will have an index of 2, and so on.

Locating the number that corresponds to a Java Midlet
To find which number corresponds to an installed Java Midlet, navigate to the (windows\appdb) folder. There should be some .jar files in there, with one of them being the Opera Mini jar file (or other Java Midlet you wish to target). Whatever the number is after the letter “s”, is the number needed in your shortcut link. Only the first part of the file name of the midlet is needed, so lets say, in the appdb folder, you have “s0_suite.jar”, for your shortcut target, leave out the suite.jar, and only put “s0_”, so your shortcut should point to (“\windows\jbed.exe” -run s0_), NOT (“\windows\jbed.exe” -run s0_suite.jar).

Creating/Modifying Shortcuts on Your Mobile Device

The following lists a couple of ways to create edit/create shortcuts with parameters on a mobile device.

1.) Resco Explorer can create shortcuts for you ( but its not a freeware )
2.) Create the shortcut manually using any text editor. Shortcuts have the file extension “.lnk”. So, for example, lets create a file in a text editor, and save it with the file name OperaMini.lnk, the contents of the file should look similar to this :

28#”\windows\jbed.exe” -run s0_

28# means that the shortcut target, including the parameter (-run s0_) is 28 characters.
After you have created/named the shortcut, all that is left to do is to place the shortcut file in your start menu (\windows\start menu\programs) folder.

It's not as straightforward as one could wish, yet it works and then you have nice icons Rolling Eyes

Cheers,
Nibbler.
Mathes75

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Kruhc and thanks for that great app!

I have a very strange problem with GPSPort. I'm running a Vodafone VPA Copmact III (HTC Herm200) with it's stupid Intent Java MIDlet Manager.

I managed to install and run TrekBuddy - but only if connected to the PC via USB! If I disconnect it, the connection to the GPS (Palm GPS via Bluetooth and GPSPort) is cut. I think the complete network-stack is shut down, because I can't connect the GPS! Is it possible to create a "dummy" network to get the stream-thing working?

Regards,

Mathes75

P.S.: My SE W810i runs perfect with the Palm GPS and TrekBuddy but the VPA has a much bigger display ...
kruch
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@hegi if you are using J9 on Palm, creating shortcut should work, I tried trekbuddy-j9.lnk with the following content and it worked for me (1 is midlet index - I only have one midlet installed in J9):

Code:
255#"\Storage Card\J9\MIDP20\bin\emulator.exe" -Xjam:run=1

@Mathes75 dummy network might help, have you tried to create one? do you have any network connection configured?
bastolo

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello there

Config :

orange spv c600 (don't like it but....)
WM5
Qstarz BT 818x bluetooth gps receiver
IBM emulator MIDP java
Esmertec jbed xxxx.xxx
IBM J9 (WEMExxx yossik version thanks Wink)

Only with this combinaison of the three java machin I can have TB well installed, with all the menus.

So after many tests TB is working but no way to have it connected with the gps !!

In settings --> location I have only stream and simulation. In stream TB is blocked on "comm: com5; baudrate: 9600" something like that and I can't change anything !! For what I know the com port for the communication with the gps is com6. And it works fine with mc guider and memory map for example. But here TB is com5 and the gps must be com6 so I really don't know what to do...

I have installed gpsportsp (smartphone) and tried every com port. But I can't choose com5 that would have interested me. Then I click start and nothing happens, just "listening" under output 20175, but not "reading" under input. And i can wait a long time nothing happens, the receiver turns into waiting mode...

I Have tried with and without serial port selection when I install the receiver, nothing changes...

If someone can help that's cool thanx

bye
kruch
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You cannot edit Settings->Location->Connection URL??

You should be able to use either

1) IBM WEME with Connection URL comm: some_port

2) Jbed together with GpsPortSP - select correct COM port in GpsPort then Start -> Listening is OK; in TrekBuddy use Connection URL socket://127.0.0.1:20175
mcflaytasche

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello at all,
I use Trekbuddy on HTC 4350 in combination with Blumax GPS-Mouse.
All is working fine,
but today I have found a problem with GPSport.
Today I want to test the tracking funktion and
every 10 or 15 minutes GPSport was shut down,
without any warning or something else.
Without track log it works fine,
can someone tell me what I do wrong.
Thanks
Stefan
kruch
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 6:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mcflaytasche wrote:
Without track log it works fine,

Without tracklog in TrekBuddy, GpsPort does not crash?? Shocked
mcflaytasche

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems so Confused
I use Trekbuddy for geocaching with maps and have tracklog disabled.
But last Weekend a friend want to now how the tracklog works.
I enabled tracklog by asking, now we walk the way and Trekbuddy begins
beeping I look on the Display and see no Satfix. Confused
Now I look in aktive applications and GPSport was down.
I start it and walk further but 10 to 15 Minutes later same problem,
GPSport was down.
I disabled tracklog and ervery thing works.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 1:56 pm    Post subject: localhost -connection only works, when I'm on USB Reply with quote

Hello, Thanks a lot fpr Trekbuddy and GPSPort.
Last Night I treid to run TB on a MDA Vario (HTC Wizzard) with the last OS version (AKU3.3). TB worked in MidletManager, but it seemd to me as it has no access to localhost. The Bluetooth-serial-port (com7) works (tested with Mortscript). When I run GPSPort, it says listening.... When I say START in TB it tries to connect to one of the configured networkconnections. (I can change them Irda, GPRS,Modem Com1...) and returns with trying to reconnect again.
Now, when I plug in the USB-Cable to my Laptop, the Networkconnection Dialog returns fast and I got GPS-Data from my Bluetooth-Device (WBT202). When I unplug USB again TB brings up a connection Error and asks me for reconnection, what not succeeds.
It looks for me as when there is no network connection active (like USB) there is no access to localhost. I had such a problem in W2K long time ago an solved it with installing a MS-Loopbackadapter-Driver. The other ways to access the GPS (Bluetooth and serial) is not avalable in my TB so that I have to use GPSPort.
Cold you help me configuring my HTC to access localhost?
Thank you a lot W.
PS.: seems to be the same thing like above fom Mathes75
kundatra

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 9:55 am    Post subject: GPSPort with Nibblers icon Reply with quote

Here is GPSPort for PPC exe file with integrated Nibblers icon.

GpsPortPPC.exe
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  GpsPortPPC.exe
 Filesize:  16.5 KB
 Downloaded:  83 Time(s)

naldira

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 4:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How do i get a recycle bin in both hard rives on my laptop? On my secondary hard rive each time i delete something it doesn't go to the recycle bin.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TrekBuddy Forum Index -> Tools All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: