• internal / bluetooth / simulator GPS
  • offline raster maps
  • smart GPX / raw NMEA logs
  • waypoints and simple navigation
  • custom views
  • MIDP and Symbian phones
  • Blackberry
  • Android
Visit wiki to see all features, guides and howtos. Project tracker.
Trekbuddy is on Github now

Partners:    (Polish/Polski)(Polski) Compass mapy      (Polish/Polski)(Polski) Galileos mapy      (Polish/Polski)(Polski) CartoMedia      (Czech/Èesky)(Èesky) Eaglesoft trasy      (Polish/Polski)(Polski) ExpressMap     

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
kruch
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 6:28 pm    Post subject: 0.9.97 Reply with quote

Changelog
    - new: field notes
    - minor bugfixes (gc listings parsing bug, repaint bug after map load, forms items formatting, ...)
    - backlight change notification changed to vibration + icon status at the bottom-right corner (customizable icon bulb.png) + Nokia specific feature: long 3 keypress for quick on/off form/to selected light level
    - minor tar-ed maps performance improvements on S60 (when TBSVC is used)
    - JAD file changes: removed LG-specific attribute, added S60 3rd FP2+ specific attribute for selection key backward compatiblity (does not open menu now and can be used to restore tracking mode as on other devices)

Field notes
There is Add Field Note command in waypoint details and Field Notes command in navigation menu. The notes are stores in fieldnotes.<session timestamp>.txt file in gc folder (yes, new TB folder). Feedback welcome, as usual.
S60 problems
I have been testing and using this version on S60 3rd FP2 device(6720c) for a couple of days. Despite what I read about changes in java runtime in FP2+ devices, in my experience, TrekBuddyService is still required for backlight control from within TB, and unfortunately also essential for good tar-ed maps performance (which surprised me - very pleasantly). EDIT: on FP2+ devices the use of service for tar-ed maps/atlases access has to be enabled in Settings->Misc->use native service
Android
I had to change signing certificate to fullfil Android Market requirements, and because of it you will not be able to update existing installation - sorry.

0.9.97 download page

Requirements Installation Configuration Customization Localization

Last edited by kruch on Wed Apr 28, 2010 8:54 am; edited 2 times in total
footz

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 6:51 pm    Post subject: 0.9.97 Reply with quote

Thanks a lot for posting this version on Android Market! Installing was a piece of cake. I had one error afeter installing (having sth to do with '..midlet...'), but Trekbuddy is working anyway. Gonna test it in the field tomorrow Very Happy Cheers
kruch
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 7:08 pm    Post subject: Re: 0.9.97 Reply with quote

footz wrote:
I had one error afeter installing (having sth to do with '..midlet...'),

Any more details, please? And error immediately after installing does not make a good impression on newcomers Confused

Android version still does not have all features that versions for other devices have, but is catching up with every version released...
druzicka

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fieldnotes are very good job Wink. In the next version would be good to finish editing the date and time and everything is done. Tomorrow make a testing.

Thanks
kruch
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had to withdraw Android version due to a bug in it... Sad Stay tuned.

EDIT: fixed and uploaded.

Last edited by kruch on Tue Apr 27, 2010 7:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
kruch
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

druzicka wrote:
finish editing the date and time

Damn it... I forgot this. Crying or Very sad
footz

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 7:55 pm    Post subject: re:0.9.97 Reply with quote

Hi again,
Unfortunately I cant recall the whole error message, cos it only came up for a second, an then dissapeared, but as I said, Trekbuddy works fine, have just been outside, very quick fix, I wonder wether its the A-GPS function you've implemented. Also the I've 2 compass needles!! One is trekbuddy's and the other is for my HTC's magnetic compass!! This is really wicked! Smile thanks for that. Going to try to run in more in the field tomorrow and maybe try do reinstall it to check for the error again, but not really keen to do it, if it's not broke, don't fix it Smile

EDIT: I've just started using an Android phone yesterday so I'm really a noob - can you explain precisely why did you have to change the certificate, and why won't we be able to update Trekkbudy. Do you mean we will have to uninstall the old version first and then download a new one instead of normal Market updating?

kruch
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@footz No problem, I've found the the bug already (source code merge bug Evil or Very Mad ), fixed it and upgraded. Indeed, the second needle is for magnetic sensor and works autonomously Cool
Ranger

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Two problems found on JP7 (emu) for Field Notes:
1. After saving note for point - form is still displayed. How go back ? OK or Cancel doesn't help.
2. I wrote two notes, but Field Notes in Navigation menu shows info "No notes yet" Rolling Eyes
Josh

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you add 3 pages to the application?

One being a huge compass to fill the screen
Another being a huge speedometer to fill the screen
Another being a 50/50 split of a compass and a speedometer. This would be VERY VERY useful to me.

Please?

Also, what do you use to program for mobile platforms? is there a special language I dont know about? I know a little bit of VB6, but nothing else really, and want to get into the mobile development area.

Thank you,

Josh
pilothaz

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 2:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love the GC field notes idea.

I assume the way to use this is to just open the txt file and use the information you have logged throughout the day when updating on geocaching.com

This is a great product and i cannot thank you enough.
radegast

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 5:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kruch:
Na Android verzi se nezobrazuje Zapnutí/Vypnutí trvalého podsvícení displeje. Přepínání funguje, ale bez oznámení. A kdo má vypnuté vibrace, tak úplně bez oznámení.
Mám za to, že se v 0.9.96 objevilo okno s nějakou hláškou o zapnutí/vypnutí podsvícení. Nechce se mi to zpátky přeinstalovávat.

HTC Desire S, SDHC 16GB,
TB vždy nejnovější,
JimmyX32

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 6:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Josh wrote:
Can you add 3 pages to the application?

One being a huge compass to fill the screen
Another being a huge speedometer to fill the screen
Another being a 50/50 split of a compass and a speedometer. This would be VERY VERY useful to me.

Also, what do you use to program for mobile platforms?

Josh,

* compass - did you try the compass in Trekbuddy? You can get it by pressing the # key from the map view (you can cycle views by the # key).
* a huge speedometer - this could be done by installing a CMS (it's like a plugin) - please read the Trekbuddy documentation for installation instructions, moreover, there are a lot of CMSs available
* 50/50 split - maybe a bit hard to get (?)

Trekbuddy is programmed in Java, ask The Big Google Wink.

J.
shen

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 6:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And again ... had to reconfigure everything on my BB Bold 9000 Smile

And It seems to me you forgot to Swap 0 and *0 for toggling WPT Name / Crosshair Transparency, I hardly expected this for this version Smile

Could you explain what the options in Location/Power usage exactly do? I see

NO_REQUIREMENT
LOW
MEDIUM
HIGH

on my BB9000, which I think is somewhat related to http://www.blackberry.com/knowledgecenterpublic/livelink.exe/fetch/2000/348583/800332/800703/How_To_-_Define_criteria_to_retrieve_a_GPS_fix.html?nodeid=1123135&vernum=0 you mentioned in http://www.trekbuddy.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=34715&highlight=assisted#34715 ... right?

Thanks again for your work!
Stefan

salmonsalar

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi!
Great to find it on Android Market now!
Installation worked fine, no problems at all.
Some feedback though:
* My phone (and most Androids) doesn't have any numeric keyboard - everything is controlled on the touch display. No problem really sine I finally found everything anyway but just a reminder for future development of the app.
* I don't have the option to cancel the Maps or Atlas operation without selecting a map or Atlas. If I just pressed wrong "button" and want to cancel the operation it is not possible, The back button just moves up one level in the filestructure.
* When loading a map the display gets black but when I touch the display the map littens up.

I will test it more but so far it looks like the app on my old SE G900!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TrekBuddy Forum Index -> Recycle Bin All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: