icon TrekBuddy
www.trekbuddy.net
Outdoor companion.
  • bluetooth / serial / internal GPS, simulator
  • offline raster maps (common grids and projections)
  • smart GPX / raw NMEA logs
  • waypoints and simple navigation
  • ... and more
  • MIDP and Symbian phones
  • Blackberry
  • Android
  • Windows Mobile 5.x/6.x
  • Windows Phone Store  (FAQ)
Visit our wiki to see all features, guides and howtos. Project tracker.

Partners:    (Polish/Polski)(Polski) Compass mapy      (Polish/Polski)(Polski) Galileos mapy      (Polish/Polski)(Polski) CartoMedia      (Czech/╚esky)(╚esky) Eaglesoft trasy      (Polish/Polski)(Polski) ExpressMap     

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a heads-up: in the Android 1.6+ version, the navigation menu is broken (i.e. it appears empty) in this release. It worked fine in 0.9.93.

Finlay

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

guest wrote:
Just a heads-up: in the Android 1.6+ version, the navigation menu is broken (i.e. it appears empty) in this release. It worked fine in 0.9.93.

Finlay

Navigation menu? You mean the menu with Waypoints, Tracks, RecordCurrent etc is empty ie. you see no such commands? Shocked

kruch

EDIT: Got it. It sometimes appears, sometimes not. Will be fixed in 0.9.95 tomorrow.
kruch
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

caesar1987 wrote:
is it posible to disable some functions on LG phone? using settings file in directory?
forexample hold "3" or totaly disable touch screen?

You can only lock all (0-9) keys altogether (it also "locks" touchscreen) .
dl42

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

guest wrote:
dl42 wrote:
Could you pls explain that? Do I have to edit the .jad file or where must I enter the RightKey argument?

Yes, add the line to the .jad file and (re)install the application.

.jad installation does not work here, wrong path. I have to install .jar directly. It would be great to have the RightKey feature in the configuration menu.
kruch
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dl42 wrote:
It would be great to have the RightKey feature in the configuration menu.

OK
dl42

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kruch wrote:
dl42 wrote:
It would be great to have the RightKey feature in the configuration menu.

OK

Thanx for your good work and ultrafast reply Cool
Zilina

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kruch wrote:
Zilina wrote:
But... I can't get my coordinates to display in Decimal Degrees

Is is not supported Confused

Okey-dokey that answers my question Smile

Any chance it will be supported?
kruch
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dl42 wrote:
.jad installation does not work here, wrong path. I have to install .jar directly. It would be great to have the RightKey feature in the configuration menu.

Can you test this build? No need to configure anything, but it is an attempt to solve it differently, so it may not work... Thanks.

http://www.trekbuddy.net/beta/2010-03-03/trekbuddy.jar
dl42

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kruch wrote:
dl42 wrote:

Can you test this build? No need to configure anything, but it is an attempt to solve it differently, so it may not work... Thanks.

It works fine, now I have "..." on the right key at the C510. Thanks!

However, I am not completely happy. On my K550i, the middle button of the joystick behaves exactly like the '5' key. Thats fine to center the map after looking around. On the C510, it also centers the map but additionaly calls up the "Pause" option. It would be perfect to have the same key assignment on both devices. I often hit the center button because I am used to do it and because it is already under my finger. At least, I can exit now with "...".
kruch
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dl42 wrote:

At least, I can exit now with "...".

So you confirm that with the above build, you can hide the menu bar with Cancel key? The solution in this build does not use any automatically disappearing, but still annoying, dialog, so I would be very happy..

dl42 wrote:
On the C510, it also centers the map but additionaly calls up the "Pause" option.

Calls up? What do you mean - menu bar pops up, with "Pause" on left soft key etc? It only happens when you center with FIRE, not 5?
dl42

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kruch wrote:
dl42 wrote:

At least, I can exit now with "...".

So you confirm that with the above build, you can hide the menu bar with Cancel key? The solution in this build does not use any automatically disappearing, but still annoying, dialog, so I would be very happy..

dl42 wrote:
On the C510, it also centers the map but additionaly calls up the "Pause" option.

Calls up? What do you mean - menu bar pops up, with "Pause" on left soft key etc? It only happens when you center with FIRE, not 5?

Confirmed: I can hide the menu with the right key. Not with the cancel key, that is below of the right key. Cancel key does not do anything in this context.

Call up: I mean, FIRE brings menu "Options" on left key and "Pause" on center (FIRE) key and now "..." on right key. That does not happen with '5'.
electronic

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

michaelbr wrote:
Hello, I am happy user of trekbuddy on SE K530i phone. Now I installed TB on SE C510 and there is small problem-I can't leave the menu. Sequence is: start trekbuddy on C510; press joystic middle button; Menu which can be seen on picture (mobile in middle) is shown; but now I can't leave the menu-I am pushing all buttons but no of them leaves the menu. I suggest solving this problem either by adding "CLOSE" option to the right (similar as on the SETTINGS menu) or applying CANCEL function to button C which is on the mobiles keyboard. On the K530i phone there was button which looks like CURVED ARROW which takes the "cancel" function, but this button is replaced by another button on C510 phone - and this button will open some mobile menu instead of going back one step in menu. Can you solve this problem? thanks, bye

Hello, I have the same problem but I can not fix it by adding "UI-RightKey: Exit" in the jad file because my phone (W715) only uses the .jar file for installation

How could I fix it? Would have to change something in the .jar file?

greetings and sorry for the spelling, I am Spanish and use an automatic translator
Ranger

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@electronic
But you can test app version from link below and say if it works Smile

EDIT: I have uploaded newer build in the meantime, in which the . command "..." for hiding menubar has to be enabled with Settings->Misc->hide menubar cmd option. You need to restart TrekBuddy then. Regards, kruch
kruch
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dl42 wrote:
Confirmed: I can hide the menu with the right key. Not with the cancel key, that is below of the right key. Cancel key does not do anything in this context.

Sorry, I was wrong, the . "..." command should be mapped to Back key.

EDIT: Ehmmm, there is no Back key on JP8 phones... now I get it Confused
michaelbr

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dl42 wrote:
kruch wrote:
michaelbr wrote:
Now I installed TB on SE C510 and there is small problem-I can't leave the menu.

Please have a look at "Hack for some SE phones" here: http://www.trekbuddy.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3567

Same problem here with SE C510.

Could you pls explain that? Do I have to edit the .jad file or where must I enter the RightKey argument?

I opened JAD file using NOTEPAD. There are strange chars at the end of file. Anyway I add "UI-RightKey: Exit " at the very end of file - to the new line ... This works, but very strange - aplication is asking you every time you press it if you want exit trekbuddy which you have to confirm. "UI-RightKey: ..." works better - there is no question if you want to leave trekbuddy. But the phone play sound (not nice voice) and for cca 1 second some screen is shown. This second solution is more accetable. I have tried "Pause, <space>, Close, Cancel, Back" atributes instead of "Exit" but no of them was working. Is there any way how to eliminate beep sound and 1 second screen flash with "UI-RightKey: ..." atribute? ... I think that there is not. When I enter menu (picture 1) or enter settings menu (picture 2) then the right button has the "Naspat / Close" function. Isn't it possible to add this function also for right button when aplication is in status on picture 3? I think that kurch tried it and its not possible. So at the moment the only solution is to add "UI-RightKey: ..." to JAD file - picture4. I apologize that I mentioned this problem here, I was searching forum for this problem but I found nothing - now I know that I did some mistake in searching.

tb.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  94.53 KB
 Viewed:  5292 Time(s)

tb.jpg

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TrekBuddy Forum Index -> Recycle Bin All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: