• internal / bluetooth / simulator GPS
  • offline raster maps
  • smart GPX / raw NMEA logs
  • waypoints and simple navigation
  • custom views
  • MIDP and Symbian phones
  • Blackberry
  • Android
Visit wiki to see all features, guides and howtos. Project tracker.
Trekbuddy is on Github now

Partners:    (Polish/Polski)(Polski) Compass mapy      (Polish/Polski)(Polski) Galileos mapy      (Polish/Polski)(Polski) CartoMedia      (Czech/Èesky)(Èesky) Eaglesoft trasy      (Polish/Polski)(Polski) ExpressMap     

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Celda

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yesterday I upgraded TB on my HW (see below) from a late patch of 0.9.84 to 0.9.90. Here are my impressions:
- There are some new perfect functions (like browsing the wpt list via pressing the key with the starting letter of the wpt name) - SPAM !
- Some bugs (specific for my HW) have been solved ! (eg. long-key-press functions work now !)
- The backlight control (key 3) worked weird, now it does not work at all Shocked

But the overall impression of 0.9.90 is very good Exclamation Cool Thank you, Kruch !

However, I am still missing one little modification (BTW also often wanted by many other users):
I would like to have the route line configurable in the same way as the trail line currently is.
For the trail line the colour and/or the thickness can be chosen. For route lines only two colours (red x black) and the type (solid x dotted) can be chosen but not the thickness Sad Thus on many mobiles (like mine) the route line is nearly invisible.
I guess this little modification would not "cost" much (Kruch must have solved the problem for the trail line) and it would bring much benefit.
Thanks.

mobile: SAMSUNG SGH D880 Duos (dual SIM)
GPS: Qstarz BT-1200 Bluetooth Solar Travel Recorder (MTK chipset)

Last edited by Celda on Sat Sep 12, 2009 7:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
ferno123

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@Kruch

As reported earlier by @haddock, I can confirm that:

with TB 0.9.90 on Nokia 6120 Classic, changes to \Settings\Location can't be saved when Bluetooth provider is enabled. Have to change to Internal provider (there is none, of course) to change any other parameter such as dt and ds, then OK and Save, then revisit \Location and change Provider back to Bluetooth. OK and Save do work for this latter change (luckily).

Otherwise, 0.9.90 working well for me.
radegast

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:07 pm    Post subject: Re: 0.9.90 Reply with quote

radegast wrote:
kruch wrote:

Hack for (some) SE phones
On newer SE phones menu bar does not get away sometimes. With UI-RightKey JAD attribute, you can either map Exit command to the right key key:
Code:
UI-RightKey: Exit
or trigger autohiding dialog with the right key that should close the menu bar:
Code:
UI-RightKey: ...

Mně to přestalo fungovat. Fungovalo a přestalo Sad
Už jsem to přeinstaloval asi 10x, vypnul/zapnul mobil, nic Sad

Takže, pokud se někomu něco podobného stane, tak pomohlo až odinstalování a znova nainstalování aplikace.

HTC Desire S, SDHC 16GB,
TB vždy nejnovější,
vincent

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 6:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kruch,

I was wrong when I say that a bug was on the onKeyPress.
it was running correctly but as the var was printed on the screen a keypress do not refresh a cms screen (only the change of cms and return to the concern cms show me the refresh).

is there a way to force after or in a keypress proc the refreshing screen to show the new var changes ?

rajoc

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Objevil jsem jeden zádrhel - Používám svůj SE W715 i jako přehrávač muziky v autě - Problém je při současném "navigování podél" s hlasovými pokyny.
K problému dojde takto - spustím navigaci - následně TrekBuddy minimalizuji a spustím walkmenovský přehrávač - muzika hraje jak má dokud nedorazím k navigovanému bodu, kde zazní z minimalizovaného TB slovní pokyn kam uhnout - a ppak už walkmenovský přehrávač nepokračuje, prostě se zakousne. Jde mi o to, aby TB nebyl tak agresivní vůči přehrávači. Pokud by se vám to podařilo napravit, byl bych opravdu happy.
TB je úžasná záležitost, díky za něj.
michal7

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SE W910i se chová stejně, spraví se to dvojím stiskem klávesy Rychlý přístup (tlačítko vlevo se 2ma obdélníky).
lambdacpap

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 6:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only now I had the chance to test this version on my SE C510. Everything seems to work fine, no complaints so far. THX, great job!

I choose the "..." option for the right soft key in main menu and it works as advertised. The "i"/vibrating/sound is IMHO a bit heavy but doesn't bother me that much.

One question: Do I always need to add the jad-option in future releases? Or could this be an option set inside the app and stored permanently?
vincent

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

- An old bug using emulator mode and playing an nmea file.

The $cms::time is correct but not the $time

duartemelim

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 6:36 pm    Post subject: Run a CMS from a specific folder... Reply with quote

Kruch...

It´s possible to run a CMS inside a folder? (or make it possible in a future version)

in CMS screen: when we choose key 8 or down arrow, instead of choose a file cms, choose a folder and then a cms file...?
(edit: trekbuddy runs a CMS by default, but by pressing 8, we may enter in other folders, in "ui-profiles"...)

it´s because i have different CMS and sometimes they enter in conflict with each other...
(people who make CMS, please give different names to files, when you change a CMS of other person... and renamed sequentialy cms.name1.xml,..2,3...)

thanks Wink

Old Buddies: Nokia C7 360x640, SonyEricsson K800i 240x320 + external HoluxSlimGps236 - & Nokia N79
Help 2 be helped - thanks guys for all Very Happy

Last edited by duartemelim on Tue Sep 29, 2009 4:11 pm; edited 3 times in total
rod

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 11:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Run a CMS from a specific folder... Reply with quote

duartemelim wrote:
Kruch...

It´s possible to run a CMS inside a folder? (or make it possible in a future version)

in CMS screen: when we choose key 8 or down arrow, instead of choose a file cms, choose a folder and then a cms file...?

it´s because i have different CMS and sometimes they enter in conflict with each other...
(people who make CMS, please give different names to files)

thanks Wink

Yes, it is very good idea and necessary, given the large number of existing themes.
Very Happy

Last edited by rod on Thu Oct 01, 2009 2:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Bas

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a Nokia theme: Greenside...

screen1:

screen2:

screen3:

Can TB control background color on screen2 ?
duartemelim

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 11:06 pm    Post subject: change menu colors (safe colors) Reply with quote

...Try settings, option 2 (desktop), option 2 again (safe colors) ... (sorry my TB it´s in other language...) then refresh/save or run TB again
Press 1 and go to wpts or route/tracks...
Wink

I think it´s this you want...

Old Buddies: Nokia C7 360x640, SonyEricsson K800i 240x320 + external HoluxSlimGps236 - & Nokia N79
Bas

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes!

Thank You Smile

startail

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 11:23 am    Post subject: Nokia 5800 Problems Reply with quote

These are the bugs I found for the Nokia 5800 for this version:

When you add a waypoint you can take a snapshot with the camera, but it results in an error.
Code:

Camera failed: javax.microedition.media.MediaException: Realize error: - 14

When you save a waypoint and you click save you come to a black screen with the title "Select destionation:" and "Cancel/Select" buttons. If you click select you get to the first item in the list I presume. You can here rename it.
This is the name you get all the time and that's good for me when you save all waypoints to the track you make and later get them over to the computer when you get home.

This is solved by using "Safe Colours".

This new system is a little sluggish on the Nokia 5800, but it works.
duartemelim

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 10:46 pm    Post subject: My Nokia N79, also give me an error when saving a photo wayp Reply with quote

My Nokia N79, also give me an error when saving a photo waypoint...

when i open the camera, it goes to mobile camera, instead of trekbuddy camera... then i quit, and the screen shows the trekbuddy screen with the camera... but when i shoot, i can´t save the photo...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TrekBuddy Forum Index -> Recycle Bin All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6

Jump to: