• internal / bluetooth / simulator GPS
  • offline raster maps
  • smart GPX / raw NMEA logs
  • waypoints and simple navigation
  • custom views
  • MIDP and Symbian phones
  • Blackberry
  • Android
Visit wiki to see all features, guides and howtos. Project tracker.
Trekbuddy is on Github now

Partners:    (Polish/Polski)(Polski) Compass mapy      (Polish/Polski)(Polski) Galileos mapy      (Polish/Polski)(Polski) CartoMedia      (Czech/Èesky)(Èesky) Eaglesoft trasy      (Polish/Polski)(Polski) ExpressMap     

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
A couple of questions

View previous topic :: View next topic  
nicodemus109

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 12:06 am    Post subject: A couple of questions Reply with quote

First of all...Excellent application!

I'm using the latest build with a SE K610i and a Nokia BT GPS.
But I do have some problems with it. I am really new to all this so please bear with me.

1. When I try to use a .tar prepared map I get the following message:
"java.io.IOException:ReadBlock:INCOMPLETE READ 0 OF 512 bytes read."

Any ideas what's wrong?

2. I exported Waypoints to a .gpx file and imported in TB. I can read the list but when I try to navigate to a WP I get a message saying that "WP is out of map."

Again any ideas?

3. Is there a way to get TB to automatically locate your current position instead of top left corner of map?
Ranger

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. Could you say how large is yours map (in pixels) ?
2. Are you sure that you have map coverage of waypoints area ?
Try to use defaut world map.
3. TB will automatically locate your current position when you select Start option. Using this option will activate connection to GPS module and in effect you will see your current position on th map.
dodo

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 9:02 am    Post subject: Re: A couple of questions Reply with quote

nicodemus109 wrote:

1. When I try to use a .tar prepared map I get the following message:
"java.io.IOException:ReadBlock:INCOMPLETE READ 0 OF 512 bytes read."

Any ideas what's wrong?

I have noticed a similar error when trying to use a tar'ed file.

Quote:

2. I exported Waypoints to a .gpx file and imported in TB. I can read the list but when I try to navigate to a WP I get a message saying that "WP is out of map."

Again any ideas?

Go to waypoints and select List, make sure your coordinates match what you think they should be. Maybe TB is reading the coordinates incorrectly (I have a similar problem when trying to enter manual waypoints).

Quote:

3. Is there a way to get TB to automatically locate your current position instead of top left corner of map?

Once you "Start" your GPS device, it will locate automatically. If you then move the cursor manually, you can select "Track" to resume tracking your current position. Maybe what you mean is that TB connects with your GPS unit as soon as the application starts? I think it would be OK to have that as an option.
nicodemus109

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok thanks for your replies.
Right now I'm using map slices sized 600x800 pixels and it's working fine. Actual map is 5265 x 4086 pixels.

About my waypoints...yeah they were quite screwed up. I took a look in the .mapfile and somehow all coordinates were reversed and also there was added a "-" infront of them so...I was located outside south America Very Happy not in Sweden were I hoped to be.

About the figures I see in TB top panel. Are these figures from the GPS or from the .map file?

The auto locating feature is working fine in the world map, so I have to keep working with my files.
kruch
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nicodemus109 wrote:
Ok thanks for your replies.
Right now I'm using map slices sized 600x800 pixels and it's working fine. Actual map is 5265 x 4086 pixels.

So the problem (INCOMPLETE READ) is gone with different slice size? Do you still happen to have the tar package that TrekBuddy failed to work with?

nicodemus109 wrote:
About my waypoints...yeah they were quite screwed up. I took a look in the .mapfile and somehow all coordinates were reversed and also there was added a "-" infront of them so...I was located outside south America Very Happy not in Sweden were I hoped to be.

Can you send me that file with waypoints supposed to be in Sweden?

nicodemus109 wrote:
About the figures I see in TB top panel. Are these figures from the GPS or from the .map file?

1st line shows current lat/lon where the crosshair points to on the map, 2nd line shows: time, altitude, speed and a number of satelites - all from GPS (RMC and GGA sentences)

Thanks,
k.
kruch
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nicodemus109,

do you get security prompts for slice loading from tar package on your K610i? And when you look at Options->Settings->Info, what value do you see for "Jsr75/Fc resetable" item? Thanks!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TrekBuddy Forum Index -> Recycle Bin All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: