• internal / bluetooth / simulator GPS
  • offline raster maps
  • smart GPX / raw NMEA logs
  • waypoints and simple navigation
  • custom views
  • MIDP and Symbian phones
  • Blackberry
  • Android
Visit wiki to see all features, guides and howtos. Project tracker.

Partners:    (Polish/Polski)(Polski) Compass mapy      (Polish/Polski)(Polski) Galileos mapy      (Polish/Polski)(Polski) CartoMedia      (Czech/Èesky)(Èesky) Eaglesoft trasy      (Polish/Polski)(Polski) ExpressMap     

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    TrekBuddy Forum Index -> Recycle Bin
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kruch
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 3:39 pm    Post subject: 0.9.83 Reply with quote

Changelog
    - fixed some bugs in 0.9.82/a
    - simple main menu with easy access for touchscreen devices (see new screen layout). Open it with touch at bottom-left corner (again, see layout in User Guide), hide similarily (or by touching just outside of command "buttons") Attached you may see a picture from real device.

Notes
* Symbian Error -34 on S60/UIQ when loading tar-ed map or changing backlight usually means that TrekBuddyService is not running

2009-01-23: update 1 (generic version only)
    - fixed backlight control on UIQ (requires tbsvc 0.5.1)
    - fixed altitude on BENQ-M7

0.9.83 download link
Requirements Installation Configuration Customization Localization

touchmenu.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  10.51 KB
 Viewed:  119585 Time(s)

touchmenu.jpg

Last edited by kruch on Fri Jan 23, 2009 9:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
mike_o

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have installed to E51 new version of TB and tbsv and i think that tar map loads more slowly then in previous version.
caesar1987

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i has touchmenu only 1st time. How can i get it again?

//edit

i found it Smile

here is problem swith slovak localization.
the names of buttons are longer than the blue buttons

//edit 2

if is posible pls make the buttons more beautifull Smile maybe 3D design or gradient or something else Smile

marec

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks a lot for the menu... really a great thing for SE p1i.
But one question: whenever I click on the backlight button it asks me for internet access? What for does it need to connect to internet when changing backlight?
kruch
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marec wrote:
But one question: whenever I click on the backlight button it asks me for internet access? What for does it need to connect to internet when changing backlight?

http://wiki.trekbuddy.net/index.php/Tools#FAQ
Trpaslik

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
here is problem swith slovak localization.
the names of buttons are longer than the blue buttons

kruch, would you mind make names to 2 rows? (nedalo by sa urobit dvojriadkove nazvy? Dlzku nazvov nemam kde vyskusat, lebo moj SE K550i nema dotykovy displej)
duartemelim

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 9:59 pm    Post subject: works great Reply with quote

works great!!

- the new function of keys, 7 and 9 are very good Wink and makes life easier.

sugestion:
- when we try to load a map and TB give us an error, it says "try again"...

... but then, if we don´t want to load another map, and want to go with the same previous default map, we can´t because it keeps expecting we load another map...
...and if you insert another function in "exit" menu, that says "Load default map/atlas" or something like that... or give that function to a key

Wink

Old Buddies: Nokia C7 360x640, SonyEricsson K800i 240x320 + external HoluxSlimGps236 - & Nokia N79
Help 2 be helped - thanks guys for all Very Happy
MrKev

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

correct touchscreen address: http://www.trekbuddy.net/forum/images/touchscreen.jpg
MartinZ

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 8:32 am    Post subject: New Version 83 on BB8800 Reply with quote

Hi kruch,

tested this new version on BB8800:

- GPS now came to green after pressing start -without having to go to BB-GPS-Settings menu (which i most times had to in former versions). Did you do some bugfix here or was that by chance?

- TB still sometimes brings up the hourglass for minutes when a new map-tile is loading after i moved the crosshair to a position outside the current tile.
On this reason I wanted to try out "1-tile-scroll" instead and noticed a funny behaviour:
1)if GPS is offline: TB loses its position when switching the atlas layer (scale). e.g. crosshair on a place in Germany in layer 10 -> switched to layer 12 crosshair is over the northsea somewhere near Netherlands.
2)if GPS is online: TB brings up several ( about 6 or 8 ) crosshairs at different positions on the screen while changing the layer.

Without "1-tile-scroll" TB always remembers last position (where either GPS currently points to or -in offline mode- the last position i clicked the trackball before)

Greetings,
yearling

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there any difference in localization file between 0.9.82 and 0.9.83 ?

I tested 0.9.82 in mountains on running ski last week (Nokia 6233) and TB worked GREAT!!! - about 6 hours nonstop every day + taking photos + receiving callings + tracklogs,.... Everything without problems. Printed maps never more Very Happy
Thanks Kruch
shen

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 11:06 am    Post subject: Re: works great Reply with quote

duartemelim wrote:
- the new function of keys, 7 and 9 are very good Wink and makes life easier.

What's the difference compared to previous versions? I don't see any on my BB Bold.

Stefan
luismsm

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trying this version on SE G900 with TrekBuddyService 0.4.

The new user interface for touchscreen works fine.

On the first time that I started TB, I could load a non tar-ed atlas fine.
After starting TrekBuddyService, I had tried to load a tar-ed map and it failed.

Now I cannot load any atlas, tar-ed or non tared. When select the folder MAPS, TB give this error: Unsupported format

What happened to the function that change waypoint names pressing "0"?

Last edited by luismsm on Mon Jan 19, 2009 9:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
kruch
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mike_o wrote:
I have installed to E51 new version of TB and tbsv and i think that tar map loads more slowly then in previous version.

I have a few ideas how to improve it...
kruch
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@MartinZ "TB still sometimes brings up the hourglass for minutes when a new map-tile is loading after i moved the crosshair to a position outside the current tile." I never experienced this; I can test BB version more - was it with normal mapr or tar-ed?

@yearling no changes in localization

@duartemelim fallback to previous map when loading of a new one fails is a good idea, I should have implmented such behaviour long time ago

@shen the only intentional change I'm aware of is that with 7/9 keys you can change active wpt WHEN you are in CMS screen - I hope that is what duartemelim had in mind Wink

@luismsm I'll test your map loading "scenario". And - 0 key does not work??
MartinZ

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 10:06 pm    Post subject: never ending hourglass / crash / multiple crosshairs Reply with quote

@kruch: I use a tared atlas with 1024px*1024px-tiles.

This bug of the never ending-hourglass or even crash while scrolling along the atlas made me mad in all the recent versions at least from .79 on.
I am not sure if it really remains with the new .83-version, cause i could not reproduce it this evening before writing this posting... I will tell you when it occurs again.

Definitely reproduceable is the loss of position when changing layers in mode "1-tile-scroll" and the multiple crosshairs if GPS is on and layer is switched in this mode. I can reproduce this at any time.

By the way:
- It would be nice if diagonal scrolling with the trackball would be possible. Yet only up-down / left-right is possible.

- BB asks me if i want to allow trekbuddy to reset the security timer. Should I?

Greets, Martin
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    TrekBuddy Forum Index -> Recycle Bin All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 1 of 9

Jump to: