• internal / bluetooth / simulator GPS
  • offline raster maps
  • smart GPX / raw NMEA logs
  • waypoints and simple navigation
  • custom views
  • MIDP and Symbian phones
  • Blackberry
  • Android
Visit wiki to see all features, guides and howtos. Project tracker.
Trekbuddy is on Github now

Partners:    (Polish/Polski)(Polski) Compass mapy      (Polish/Polski)(Polski) Galileos mapy      (Polish/Polski)(Polski) CartoMedia      (Czech/Èesky)(Èesky) Eaglesoft trasy      (Polish/Polski)(Polski) ExpressMap     

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Can't read/write data

View previous topic :: View next topic  
docent.net

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 9:59 am    Post subject: Can't read/write data Reply with quote

Hi. My config:

phone: Orange SPV e610 (Amoi)

Windows Mobile 5

IBM MIDP 2.0 Java Emulator 2.3

Trekbuddy Version 0.9.80 for IBM J9 runtime (on Windows Mobile devices)

GPS receiver: Globalsat BT-368

Problem:

After I start program default map loads (world map). I configured GPS under Trekbuddy to communicate through COM1 (as Bluetooth connection with GPS is not possible using Java Emulator) - everything is ok - I see my position, speed etc on the top-left of Trekbuddy screen.

Now - I want to load maps. I can't because after clicking "Actions" I see only 4 positions in menu:

Quote:
1. Stop
2. Settings
3. Info
4. Exit

And as I remember from my previous phone there should be 2 more positions here: Load map, Load Atlas - so where is it?

Thanks a lot for Your answers and ideas - I'm totally exhausted after 2 days of configuring this *&^*&^ smartphone :/
kruch
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You need to "install" fileconnection extension. You can try the one attached, just copy the files to J9 installation...

fc-for-j9.zip
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  fc-for-j9.zip
 Filesize:  20.05 KB
 Downloaded:  113 Time(s)

docent.net

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks a lot! It's working Smile
jaries

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a similar problem with my smartphone htc touch cruise P3650 - WM 6 Professional.

I installed the java-files of the tb version 0.9.81: at first trekbuddy-j9.jad, trekbuddy-j9.jar, then i uninstalled it and installed trekbuddy.jad, trekbuddy.ja - but the problems were the same:

TB could be started, but under: menü-settings-basic i find only:default datum, coordinates, unit system - that means "Data Dir" is missing. Also like discriped in the posting above I also can't find the option "load maps".

so if I should do it the same way and copy the folders bin, lib from fc-for-j9.zip to ... wich destination ? I can't find the place (datei-explorer) were tb is installed, I'm only able start it with the buttons start - programme - java.

Hope somebody can help ...

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"IBM MIDP 2.0 Java Emulator 2.3" is also called J9. so if you are using this, you should have some directory with the content of the "J9" installation:
j9folder\lib
j9folder\bin

the files from the zip above, have to be placed in the corresponding folders within "j9folder"

Edit: http://handheld.softpedia.com/progDownload/IBM-MIDP-2-0-Java-Emulator-Download-38910.html
kruch
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or you can get "better" Esmertec Jbed for WM5/6, with file support, eg. from xda-developers forum...
kruch
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's a via-google-broken-english translation of Yossik's experience (includes link to both J9 and Jbed): http://translate.google.com/translate?u=http%3A%2F%2Flinuxtechs.net%2Fkruch%2Ftb%2Fforum%2Fviewtopic.php%3Ft%3D2030&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&sl=cs&tl=en
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TrekBuddy Forum Index -> Bugs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: