• internal / bluetooth / simulator GPS
  • offline raster maps
  • smart GPX / raw NMEA logs
  • waypoints and simple navigation
  • custom views
  • MIDP and Symbian phones
  • Blackberry
  • Android
Visit wiki to see all features, guides and howtos. Project tracker.

Partners:    (Polish/Polski)(Polski) Compass mapy      (Polish/Polski)(Polski) Galileos mapy      (Polish/Polski)(Polski) CartoMedia      (Czech/Èesky)(Èesky) Eaglesoft trasy      (Polish/Polski)(Polski) ExpressMap     

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
kruch
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 8:45 am    Post subject: 0.9.0 Reply with quote

Since I'll be away 28th Sept - 9th Oct, here is an early 0.9.0 version. Not all targets were met Cool, but anyway, you may find nice that...

Changelog

- there is a complete timezone list
    - you can control screen backlight via key 3 (Nokia - 0% 50% 100%, Siemens - on/off, others... ?)
    - OSD is much more configurable (color, font, UTM coordinates, ...)
    - Start option with recently used GPS
    - geodetic datum support (only predefined list, custom datums support will appear in 0.9.1?2?)
    - gpx logs are valid according to 1.1 scheme
    - internal provider interval is configurable (default is 1 sec)

... and ...

Waypoints

Press 1 to access waypoints management. You can obtain a waypoint
    - from file; either .gpx (multiple waypoints) or .loc (single waypoint, see geocaching.com for examples)
    - enter manually (lat/lon, see geocaching.com for examples)
    - from SMS

You can list the waypoints, view details and use for "navigation" - once you select NavigateTo on a waypoint, OSD will start displaying distance and azimuth to the destination. Please note that the calculation is known to be precise up to 10-15 km distance, but that should ok for what it's meant to be used for... If demanded, formulas for longer distances are available.
If you are in tracking mode, pressing Track (or 5), will switch between "navigation" info and "tracking" info shown in OSD.

Besides trackpoint, the application can also record waypoints. They are stored in a separate file. In the waypoint management screen, select Record Current. You may name the waypoint, attach a comment to it, and if your phone support media capture, also a picture.

Location Sharing

Location - either actual or pointer position - may be send to another TrekBuddy. SMS reception has to be enabled in configuration (restart required for it to take effect). Location recevied via SMS is automatically enlisted in waypoints list, so you may select it to let the app navigate you to it.

Datums

Please note that the selected datum is only used to transform position from GPS (WGS-84) to a datum of your map. Location exchange, recording, waypoints etc use in WGS-84.

SXG75

There are known problems with TrekBuddy in SXG75 (eg. loading from efs/ and mmc/ is a bit of problem, fs/ should be better). Hope to solve it soon - Erik F. and jirkab are kindly helping with it, thank you!

GPX in GE

I've got a "beautifier" draft (simple XSL stylesheet gpx2kml.xsl) for processing gpx recorded by TrekBuddy into kml, to display the logs in Google Earth the way I like it, stupid example (yes, it's my notebook display, and I am really not moving at 4 km/h): Smile

If you know a better one, let me know!

That's it,
k.

UPDATED 2006/09/26 15:00
jar jad
jar jad for Siemens x65

Last edited by kruch on Tue Sep 26, 2006 1:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ranger

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Kruch,
I see some new options in Settings, especially Capture Locator and Format.
Could you be so kind and explain this format field ?

My horse knows where we are ...
Very Happy

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"loading from efs/ and mmc/ is a bit of problem, fs/ should be better" means that I should put my mapfiles on the phone and not on the MMC?
Ranger

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice work, keep going ...

Sending position via SMS works, although maybe you can add altitude ...

Waypoints:
Can the file name of waypoint be more informative ?
Ex. file name=waypoint_name

Next think is waypoint classification. Subdirectory structure as classification method ?

Problems specific for SE phones
- backlight doesn't work
- application hangs when trying to load waypoint (when BT connection to GPS is active)
- time zone setting isn't remembered
- sometimes using camera hangs phone
Krzysiek

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could you add opion to show all loaded/recorded waypoints on map? Maybe with other color, red for selected wp, green for others?
kruch
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ranger wrote:
Hi Kruch,
I see some new options in Settings, especially Capture Locator and Format.
Could you be so kind and explain this format field ?

My horse knows where we are ...
Very Happy

I hope to extend the user guide soon, here's a quick desc:

Locator identifies the camera, usually it is "capture://video", but some phones may require different value like "capture://devcam0", so I made it editable.

Format specifies image parameters, when null, some default values (size and encoding) are used. If you open Settings->Info, you should see VideoEncodings item that shows what encodings your phone claims to support. Plus, you may be allowed to specify the size, quality etc. Since this is all phone-specific, I think of creating a page at this forum to collect possible/recommended values for media capture for various phones.

A Format value may then look like

Code:
encoding=jpeg&width=640&height=480
kruch
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anonymous wrote:
"loading from efs/ and mmc/ is a bit of problem, fs/ should be better" means that I should put my mapfiles on the phone and not on the MMC?

Well it may depend on firmware version and other things, I've been told SXG75 is very "sensitive". If map loading from MMC works for you, then you're lucky, otherwise you may have more luck with fs/ (= brew\shared - or something like that). Please let me know how did it go, thanks!
kruch
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ranger wrote:
Waypoints:
Can the file name of waypoint be more informative ?
Ex. file name=waypoint_name

Next think is waypoint classification. Subdirectory structure as classification method ?

Could you please elaborate on these, I'm not quite getting it, thank you.

Ranger wrote:
Problems specific for SE phones
- backlight doesn't work
- application hangs when trying to load waypoint (when BT connection to GPS is active)
- time zone setting isn't remembered
- sometimes using camera hangs phone

Which SE phone is it? I'll check for possible concurrency problems in waypoint loading, as well as persistency of time zone setting. When exactly does the phones hangs - when you select Capture while looking at the view finder window?

Thanks!
kruch
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Krzysiek wrote:
Could you add opion to show all loaded/recorded waypoints on map? Maybe with other color, red for selected wp, green for others?

That sounds reasonable, I'm putting it down to my TODO list, thank you.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 9:20 pm    Post subject: Re: 0.9.0 Reply with quote

Thanks for format explanation.

I try to use TrekBuddy on two phones:
k700i for map viewing and k750i with GPS module.
0.9.0 doesn't work on k700i anymore, I get application error on loading.

Problem with time zone I have on both for 089 and for k750i/090, after saving different time zones (GMT+x) time is always GMT.

Waypoint loading doesn't work on k750i - I see information : Loading and the phone hangs (when connection to GPS is active, after Start).
Probably this can be caused by general file access problems without application certificate (like everytime stupid stepping from root to subdirectories).

The name for waypoint files you use are long and I realy don't remember which waypoint is in which file. So maybe is better to use some subdirectory structures like:

E:\
-"Trip to Nowhere"
-- "Motels"
-- "Hills"
-- "Drinking points"
to have waypoints classified
and for example file named "beer_stop.gpx" in the last subdirectory.

Picture Capture hangs after trying write to the file, I coudn't find why it works or not.

Some phones specific functions like menus, brightness control, camera control etc as I know are documented in SE J2ME SDK.

kruch wrote:

If you know a better one, let me know!

That's it,
k.

Better ?
Sometimes is good to have GPSMapEdit; if I'm not connected. Very Happy
kruch
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll try to fix the K700i problem, I definitely do want to support this and similar phones.

Quote:
The name for waypoint files you use are long and I realy don't remember which waypoint is in which file.

My idea of waypoints recording was that these are points on your track with GPS connected all the time, so after that you have one tracklog file and one waypoints file. Or you frequently connect/disconnect the GPS that breaks your track into several short-distance segments?
Ranger

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I know ... Be simple and have a little plan.
Probably I prefer use waypoints.
So what if I would prepare some waypoints before the trip ?
Now I couldn't read waypoints without using "Stop" Sad
kruch
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 1:05 pm    Post subject: Re: 0.9.0 Reply with quote

Anonymous wrote:
0.9.0 doesn't work on k700i anymore, I get application error on loading.

I have just published updated 0.9.0 builds that should work on K700i again.
Ranger

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good news Very Happy
Thank you, well done.
kruch
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 6:37 pm    Post subject: Re: 0.9.0 Reply with quote

Anonymous wrote:
Problem with time zone I have on both for 089 and for k750i/090, after saving different time zones (GMT+x) time is always GMT.

Waypoint loading doesn't work on k750i - I see information : Loading and the phone hangs (when connection to GPS is active, after Start).
Probably this can be caused by general file access problems without application certificate (like everytime stupid stepping from root to subdirectories).

Picture Capture hangs after trying write to the file, I coudn't find why it works or not.

That's bad. I should get a SE device for testing asap, as I'm unable to reproduce none of these problems on neither 6230i nor S65. Moreover, on-device debugging sounds cool.

So you can load waypoints from a gpx or a loc file when you don't have a GPS connection, but when you try to do it while tracking the phone hangs? That means - you see a ticket "Loading..." and it never ends?

And when you try to save a waypoint with attached picture, it "hangs" - what extacly does that mean?

Thanks!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TrekBuddy Forum Index -> Recycle Bin All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: