• internal / bluetooth / simulator GPS
  • offline raster maps
  • smart GPX / raw NMEA logs
  • waypoints and simple navigation
  • custom views
  • MIDP and Symbian phones
  • Blackberry
  • Android
Visit wiki to see all features, guides and howtos. Project tracker.
Trekbuddy is on Github now

Partners:    (Polish/Polski)(Polski) Compass mapy      (Polish/Polski)(Polski) Galileos mapy      (Polish/Polski)(Polski) CartoMedia      (Czech/Èesky)(Èesky) Eaglesoft trasy      (Polish/Polski)(Polski) ExpressMap     

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    TrekBuddy Forum Index -> Recycle Bin
View previous topic :: View next topic  
start78

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@ Peter Atanasov: Perhaps the file-size of your tiles is too high? How do you create your maps/atlases?

I started a topic about TB Performance on the N82 here. Maybe you can answer some of my questions...

CiBi7

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have noticed an issue twice.
Procedure: Start the program->Start GA->Start tracklog
Maps: one day from googlelak and other day from tbcutter (256x256 px/tile and 8bit)

Everything seems to work OK, the track is on display, but some time after, I look at the map and the track is stopped some meters back, the ball of the GPS connection doesn't appear and the R is as if it were recording. Also, the CMS data is as these meters back. I've tryed to stop and start, and to pause and continue but the data on the CMS and the track shows other possition. (If useful, the CMS clock continues counting (no frozzen screen)).

This happend walking by the mountain on my SE K610i. When I was home I checked that the track was recorded ok so seems to be a problem about displaying the data.
lambdacpap

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi CiBi7, Hi kruch,

I noticed the exact same behaviour on my SE K750i since I upgraded to TB Version 0.9.79: When I'm in map-mode and leave the phone alone (and lock the keyboard) when I come back to the application (after some minutes) the recording of the track and the various displays are frozen. Nevertheless TB remains responsive and I can use all features.

Sometimes restarting TB helps but sometimes I have to restart the phone.

The problem remained in 0.9.80. The problem WASN'T there in the 0.9.79 beta (which was downloadable in the discussion thread to 0.9.78 ).

One thing I observed (although I'm not sure): The track only seems to stop when I leave the map (with the visible trail) in the display. I never noticed the problem when e.g. I switch to CMS mode before putting the phone away..

Maybe a problem with the drawing of the trail when in sleep mode??

I tried some values in the "keep connection alive" settings (although I never needed them before TB 0.9.79) but with no success.
Meloni

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Kruch,

I have a simillar problem. Sometimes my SE k750i lost connection with my GPS receiver. After few second, TB is reconnecting and everything work fine. But after some time it's again lost connection...

I haven't this problem in version 0.9.79...

Lakva

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 10:09 pm    Post subject: some problems on Polaris Reply with quote

Hi guys and Kruch above all! Smile

Kruch, I have some strange problem with CMS on HTC Polaris in Esmertech JBed 3d HeapSizeFix...
...and some requests Smile

1) CMS {time-t} function gives very strange values. When GPS is fixed, this function gives some 303:xx:xx
I think it counts the time, but probably with some strange start.
If the phone hibernate and restart, this value change to 287:xx:xx
I Think this problem have been in previous version, too.
But maybe this is caused by the java emulator, I dont know, I have Polaris very short time yet... Sad

2) If you will look at this, check the function for average speed - it gives very low value, but it's probably caused by the above mentioned very long time and relatively short traveled distance.

3) Polaris has static navigation, which (maybe unusually - I don't know, this is my first "static-nav" device...) in very low speed starts to give zero speed and unchanged direction, BUT the coordinates are still changing! So it's i.e. possible to come to the cache, I can see move-trace in compass screen, but the compass itself does not turn and the direction arrow in the map view disappear.
Sometimes it's fine and sometimes not.
Would it be possible to calculate speed and direction from subsequent pairs of coordinates and let user set (in options) which spd and course are used? (calculated ones, or those submited in NMEA)

And 4) (my favourite request since CMS established Wink )
Will You, pleeeeeeease, make {all-wpt-dist} (or somehow) function to CMS, which calculate the "estinated-rest-of-route" value? I mean the distance from present position to the next wpt PLUS distances from n to n+1 PLUS dist from n+1 to n+2 and so on... Or another words, the direct air-line distance along all remaining wpts to the end of the route...
Pleeease! Smile

Have a nice day! Smile

Grzes

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 5:00 am    Post subject: BT communication problem Reply with quote

I just went from short vacation ..... and :

The previous version 0.9.79 randomly stops the BT communication with the phone, K750i and GB735. The GPX log was stopped, normally - without missing lines like after END command.

The version 0.9.80 seems to have same behaviour, just tested on the table !!! The first stop was after ca. 2 hours, next after next few hours. The blue LED was blinking indicating no active BT connection.

BTW, the version from 2 Jul seems to be install as 0.9.81 but in the info is still 0.9.79 ????

The only way to restore the BT communication is TB restart.

On poor BT conditoin this situation happens a bit more often.

I am afraid this was introduced 1-3 versions ago.

Kruch please tell me what should I do except maybe NMEA logging to determine what is the reason for this very unfortunately bug ? I was in the Austrian Alps and this happened many times .... not happy with TB this time Sad, many broken tracks. Phone SE K750i, GPS Navice GB735.

regards
lambdacpap

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Grzes,

your onservations sound very similar to mine (see above). Also, we have the same phone...

Can you confirm my observation, that the problem only occurs when TB is in map view during the recording of the track?
Grzes

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lambdacpap wrote:
Hi Grzes,

your onservations sound very similar to mine (see above). Also, we have the same phone...

Can you confirm my observation, that the problem only occurs when TB is in map view during the recording of the track?

Hi, it seems to be really similar !!! I will test a bit later the track recording without map view.

Now I am testing my phone after water damage (storm in the Alps) it seems now to be nearly OK ...

The 0.9.79 were min. 3 various versions. I am not sure when it happened, maybe really in one this versions. But first I meant there is a problem with poor BT connection - GPS in the rucksack phone in the pocket but when I got the tracking broken stoll I was able to connect the recorded tracks without any lost ! Strange ....

Some peopple says the BT stack was slightly modifies and since this time there are some problems Sad ...

BTW, I never needed to restart the phone always TB restarting was succesfully.

Best wishes

lambdacpap

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Grzes,
Quote:

Some peopple says the BT stack was slightly modifies and since this time there are some problems

yeah, this is from the 0.9.79 changelog: fixed: better bluetooth handling

So maybe the problem was introduced there...

Quote:

The 0.9.79 were min. 3 various versions.

I wasn't aware of this. I was on vacation for 2 weeks with one of the 0.9.79 betas (the first one I think) and this problem never happened.
Grzes

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lambdacpap wrote:
Hi Lambda....,
Quote:

Some peopple says the BT stack was slightly modifies and since this time there are some problems

yeah, this is from the 0.9.79 changelog: fixed: better bluetooth handling

Wink !

Quote:

So maybe the problem was introduced there...

The 0.9.79 were min. 3 various versions.
Quote:

I wasn't aware of this. I was on vacation for 2 weeks with one of the 0.9.79 betas (the first one I think) and this problem never happened.

It were 6 versions .....
JAR file lenght :

I can't remember when the problem was introduced I guess in Mai ...

So let wait for Kruch .... and with CMS screen my phone is working still. K750i since 23 hours and still ca. 12% battery present.

Last info : with CMS screen it happens too maybe a bit rarely ....

Best wishes from Poland

lambdacpap

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 6:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My last update: yesterday the "hang" happened to me in compass-mode (or whatever it is called Wink). After restarting TB, the phone froze completely (had to remove battery).

I can't remember having the problem in CMS ever, but not sure.

Kruch: Is there some kind of debug-mode where we could se some more information (maybe a stacktrace Wink)?
Grzes

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lambdacpap wrote:
My last update: yesterday the "hang" happened to me in compass-mode (or whatever it is called Wink). After restarting TB, the phone froze completely (had to remove battery).

I can't remember having the problem in CMS ever, but not sure.

Kruch: Is there some kind of debug-mode where we could se some more information (maybe a stacktrace Wink)?

Yes, in compass mode it happens too. But I never had to restart the phone, TB restarting was sufficient for restoring BT connection.

I am not sure but in the CMS it happens too ... but most frequently in map mode.

What I noticed TB has no key click at all Sad ... not good feature !

regards

CiBi7

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My BT GPS receiver has an auto-power off feature which shutsdown the BT Gps when there is no BT communication in about 5 minutes.
I don't remember to see the BT Gps turned off so I think that TB is still sending something to it, or may be some kind of ACKs (I have no idea about how the BT protocol works Confused )
marcing

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 10:43 am    Post subject: Empty wgps files Reply with quote

Option "record current" save "empty" file (not exactly empty, header seams ok, but there is no wayponts/positions). Is it a bug or feature?
(0.9.80, Treo 650)
MNockenberg

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 8:44 am    Post subject: Newest TrekBuddy version Reply with quote

Hello,

when I try to install on my Smartphone 2003 I get the message that the digital signature can not be veryfied. Then the installation ends. Do you know what to do?

Yours,

Martin Nockenberg

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    TrekBuddy Forum Index -> Recycle Bin All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: