• internal / bluetooth / simulator GPS
  • offline raster maps
  • smart GPX / raw NMEA logs
  • waypoints and simple navigation
  • custom views
  • MIDP and Symbian phones
  • Blackberry
  • Android
Visit wiki to see all features, guides and howtos. Project tracker.
Trekbuddy is on Github now

Partners:    (Polish/Polski)(Polski) Compass mapy      (Polish/Polski)(Polski) Galileos mapy      (Polish/Polski)(Polski) CartoMedia      (Czech/Èesky)(Èesky) Eaglesoft trasy      (Polish/Polski)(Polski) ExpressMap     

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
problem with updating position

View previous topic :: View next topic  
tghahram

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 8:47 pm    Post subject: problem with updating position Reply with quote

I've got a problem on my k750 with TB 0.9.79 and Oncourse BT GPS

The problem occurs when I'm walking slowly -- TB does not update my position for few minutes, then it updates for some moment and again few minutes I don't have updated info. As soon as I start moving fast (in a car) I get updated position (very strange).
I haven't verified if it's my GPS or TB, I'll have to test with another app, I haven't got much time for this, but I will.

here I upload nmea log, and hope that somebody (Kruch?) can check if the problem is in nmea already or it happens while parsing it.

here I have walked to directions that were not visible on TB at all. and if the problem is in nmea does it mean that my GPS is buggy or there could be some other reason with bluetooth connection (???), though I had the green light which shows that BT and GPS have working connection.

It's just making me nervous, this means that I can't use my GPS while walking in areas that I don't know.

again I hope some response
thanks in advance

2008-07-17-18-51-27.rar
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  2008-07-17-18-51-27.rar
 Filesize:  12.03 KB
 Downloaded:  0 Time(s)

tghahram

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have tried with another app (GpsJ) and I had similar problem, so this means that the reason is my GPS (what the heck!!!)
has anyone experienced such a problem?
like GPS doesn't work correclty when speed is low (very strange)
what could be the reason?

also I've noticed, when a going car stops my GPS shows 0 speed only after 3-5 secs, is this a common thing, or again only happens with my GPS? Sad
Loonix

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have a Look in 'Setings' -> 'Navigation' -> 'GPX ds (m)'
This is the minimum distance you have to have moved in Meters before a new Waypoint is saved.

Also Walking speed seems to be quite a problem for most GPS devices. Maybe it is the walking movement or the inacuracy simply shows stronger at slow paces.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TrekBuddy Forum Index -> Bugs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: