• internal / bluetooth / simulator GPS
  • offline raster maps
  • smart GPX / raw NMEA logs
  • waypoints and simple navigation
  • custom views
  • MIDP and Symbian phones
  • Blackberry
  • Android
Visit wiki to see all features, guides and howtos. Project tracker.

Partners:    (Polish/Polski)(Polski) Compass mapy      (Polish/Polski)(Polski) Galileos mapy      (Polish/Polski)(Polski) CartoMedia      (Czech/Èesky)(Èesky) Eaglesoft trasy      (Polish/Polski)(Polski) ExpressMap     

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    TrekBuddy Forum Index -> Recycle Bin
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kruch
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 12:20 pm    Post subject: Re: TB on Asus P750 with Esmertec Java Reply with quote

hugoschmidt wrote:
I did it the way kruch recommend in his posting above - including installation of the JRebeiro Jbed (even I don´t have a clue what it is good for... Embarassed )

It's just another java enviroment for WM devices. Together with Intent Midlet Manager, they are most common / the only ones.

hugoschmidt wrote:
But even everything work fine, I think there is a small bug: When I press start in TB, I get a message about a try to connect to the internet.
This is no problem for me because I don´t use internet by UMTS so I used a wrong APN in network settings Smile and stay offline...

Hmm, I use PDA without SIM. I need to check my settings, because I get no prompt. But with the other launcher - Intent Midlet Manager - a window "Connecting to service" appears ...

Can you try GpsGate (http://franson.com) instead of GpsPort?
onovy

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kruch wrote:
Fixed and ready for download again...

potvrzuji opravu bugu s velkym rozlisenim atlasu, diky.
onovy

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bug with go-to and gps position unlocking is still in this version, can you look at it kruch please?
<cite>
Pokud zapnut GPS, necham si ukazovat aktualni polohu (zmacknutim joysticku) a pote si otevru waypointy a dam GoTo, tak se waypoint zobrazi ale po prijmuti dalsi GPS souradnice (za sekundu treba) se hnedka presune zpatky na aktualni pozici. Predpokladam ze tam neni zruseni 'locku' zobrazeni .
diky.
http://www.trekbuddy.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1245
</cite>
doplnim, ze ted se zda, ze tento problem vznika pouze pokud je waypoint a aktualni pozici v rozdilnych castech mapy (jiny kalibracni .set soubor). napise loading... zobrazi kousek mapy (tam kde je waypoint) a hned loading a sem zpet na aktualni pozici.

thank you.
yearling

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

onovy wrote:
Bug with go-to and gps position unlocking is still in this version, can you look at it kruch please?
<cite>
Pokud zapnut GPS, necham si ukazovat aktualni polohu (zmacknutim joysticku) a pote si otevru waypointy a dam GoTo, tak se waypoint zobrazi ale po prijmuti dalsi GPS souradnice (za sekundu treba) se hnedka presune zpatky na aktualni pozici. Predpokladam ze tam neni zruseni 'locku' zobrazeni .
diky.
http://www.trekbuddy.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1245
</cite>
doplnim, ze ted se zda, ze tento problem vznika pouze pokud je waypoint a aktualni pozici v rozdilnych castech mapy (jiny kalibracni .set soubor). napise loading... zobrazi kousek mapy (tam kde je waypoint) a hned loading a sem zpet na aktualni pozici.

thank you.

Tak potvrzuji uvedený problémek, dodám jen, že celý problém se mi na 6233 začne projevovat až po prvním přepnutí vrstvy - jestliže spustím TB do vrstvy 2, tak se to chová jak má (návrat na aktuální pozici až po stisku kl.5), ale jakmile přepnu vrstvu na 3 - případně se poté můžu vrátit zpět na 2 - tak se to začne chovat jak je popsáno výše (ihned po GoTo návrat na aktuální pozici).
Tzn. celý problém se projevuje pouze u vícevrstvých atlasů, kde je alespoň jedna vrstva složena z více mapových listů.
clarinet

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 6:28 pm    Post subject: TB with Esmertec Java on HTC X-7500 Reply with quote

I have tried to install Esmertec Java and a generic version of TB on HTC X-7500 (Athena). When I run TB, it says

[7] null: cz.kruch.track.maps.InvalidMapException: Failed to load tile: java.lang.OutOfMemoryError

I have no custom map installed so I expected the world map to appear.

Also, there is no menu ...
domi

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

first of all 0.9.77 works fine on HTC Kaiser.

So to the problems reported above. TB tries to connect to the internet only with GpsPort. With GpsGate it seems to work correctly. Workaround is to create a dummy connection.

It would be great if GpsPort could be called from within TB. If not it would be nice if GpsPort could be called with parameters, like port=12345 address=127.0.0.1 run=1. Very Happy

Another problem is that TB goes into sleep mode. With external GPS (via bluetooth) TB logs the postion. With internal GPS enabled, the logging is broken cause GPS is disabled. Workaround: I've a little application which sends a pseudo key press every second, so the Kaiser doesn't go into sleep.

Regards,
domi
kruch
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

domi wrote:
With GpsGate it seems to work correctly.

... damn... how is he doing it... Cool

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 9:03 am    Post subject: Bluetooth Com Port assignment & GpsPort Reply with quote

Hi,
Kruch, many thanks for this superb piece of software!

My problem is that I can only assign COM Ports 6 or 7 to my bluetooth GPS, but GpsPort lets me select only com ports 0 - 4 and 9.

How to resove this issue?
kruch
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And have already assigned 6 or 7 to your GPS and then killed and started GpsPort again?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can not load map, it writes in siemens sxg75 and nokia n82.
Null:URL
What adress shoul i write in options?
kruch
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think this is solved in 0.9.78.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    TrekBuddy Forum Index -> Recycle Bin All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: